Elisabeth Charlotte Thyra Mary

For the boy:

Erik William Peter Frederik

Old 04-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
When it comes to picking royal godparents don't they usually pick 4 if so I believe maybe
Crown princess Victoria of Sweden and prince Daniel
A relative of crown princess Mary
Crown prince haakon and crown princess Mette marit
A British royal maybe wills and Kate or maybe prince Edward,Earl of Sussex and countess Sophie

IDK.........maybe????
But they will definitely pick other royals
Earl of Wessex. It would be nice if Edward was featured, he is godfather to one of Joachims boys. I always forget which one. I have said numerous times that William and Kate don't seem plausible, but I would love for the couple to go to Denmark this year.
Victoria, Haakon and MM are already godparents to Christian and Isabella so I doubt they'll make an appearance again. John Donaldson seems the most likely out of the siblings. But I think the only royal we'll see is Princess Marie, and maybe Nathalie or Gustav. For these twins it would be nice to 'keep it in the family'.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Dorrit and Dagobert ???
Old 04-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
From reports and pics we have seen since the birth of the twins, Mary's eldest sister Jane was the only sibling that was in Denmark to see the twins. So it's still a possibilty that one or even both siblings will attend the baptism as a godparent. If the media got the touring details of M&F incorrect they may have got other info incorrect as well.
Right after the birth of the twins, when the Cp was still at the hospital, there were pics of two Donaldson ladies on a walk with the CP dog (according to different press-agencies)
Old 04-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Serene Highness

The Scandinavia Royals snub the christening? And the Dutch, too. I know it´s Marys and Frederiks third and fourth child, but one visit to Kopenhagen is not manageable?

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 04-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
The Scandinavia Royals snub the christening? And the Dutch, too. I know it´s Marys and Frederiks third and fourth child, but one visit to Kopenhagen is not manageable?
Please excuse the Danish tabloids.. they need something to write about other than nuclear disasters in Japan and trouble in Libya ! We don't know who's been invited and statements from the royal press offices - regarding the baptism doesn't give much away either! Most royal baptisms are family affairs, unless protocol dictates otherwise! While I'm looking forward to April 14th I know that it's not exactly a world sensation!

Viv
Old 04-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

Not the tabloids but the websites of the Swedish, Norwegian and Dutch Royal families tell us officialy that they have engagements.
The Swedes have a very official State Diner, the Dutch have a State Visit to Germany and the Norwegians are out of the country (Ghana).
Old 04-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

Mary wore a lilac-coloured dress to Isabella's christening.
Yes okay. I did not mean red exactly, but it seems like a "girly" color to me. :)

I am not surprised that there are so few royal guests coming. It is not a first born baby after all. Though I am somewhat surprised about the Swedish royalties..
Old 04-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Right after the birth of the twins, when the Cp was still at the hospital, there were pics of two Donaldson ladies on a walk with the CP dog (according to different press-agencies)
Neiter Patricia nor John jr. were in DK right after the birth, only Jane, Mary's father and stepmother. Perhaps "two Donaldson ladies" refers to Jane and Susan Moody?
Here is an article about an interview Mary's father gave in Hobart. Christening looms for twins Tasmania News - The Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania
According to this article Patricia will attend the christening. If this is correct then I'm 100% sure Patricia is going to be a godmother.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Most of the Royals have a job. Constantijn and Laurentien of the Netherlands have a full-time job in Brussels. Alexandra zu Sayn and her husband work in Paris

Thursday afternoon is one of the hardest daytimes to leave your job.
Here in Holland (and I know also at the EU in Brussels)it is hard to get a leave of absence during the week, for the christening of someone who is not your direct family.
I think the same is valid for Alexandra zu Sayn-Witgenstein-Berleburg and Jefferson von Pfeill. The twins are only their cousin's children.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Most of the Royals have a job.
Have a job other than being a royal?
Old 04-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

Hello to the danish posters! I have a big plea - could someone of you please record the royal christening for me on VHS or DVD?! Of course I would pay for package and postage! Thanks in advance!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Gentry

According to the Swedish Royal website the only Royal engagement for the 14th is a dinner that Carl-Philip is attending, which makes it possible that Victoria and Daniel could attend.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
Marius - male form of Mary
Benedict - male form of Benedikte, would love a Prince Ben
Frederikke - female version of Frederik
Johanna - female version of John
Does anyone know if Benedikte is the Danish form of the name Patricia? Google Translator has changed "Princess Benedikte" to "Princess Patricia" on me several times.

If it is a form of Patricia, I wonder if Queen Ingrid named her second daughter after her aunt, Patricia of Connaught.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel

Does anyone know if Benedikte is the Danish form of the name Patricia? Google Translator has changed "Princess Benedikte" to "Princess Patricia" on me several times.

If it is a form of Patricia, I wonder if Queen Ingrid named her second daughter after her aunt, Patricia of Connaught.
I don't know but google translate does funny things. Queen Silvia is sometimes translated as 'Helen Keller', for example.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Courtier

Yes, sjetajiem, "Isidor" is a masculine name.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
Yes, sjetajiem, "Isidor" is a masculine name.
I know, but your post could be read as if the twins were two boys (Hugo and Isidor)
"Hugo or Isidor for the boy" would be clearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Have a job other than being a royal?
Well in Holland, besides Willem Alexander and Maxima the others have all a real job.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem

Well in Holland, besides Willem Alexander and Maxima the others have all a real job.
That's only in Holland though? I understand that the Greek royals, Martha Louise and Ari have jobs. But nobody else besides that?
Old 04-03-2011, 05:35 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
I don't know but google translate does funny things. Queen Silvia is sometimes translated as 'Helen Keller', for example.
LOL!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
That's only in Holland though? I understand that the Greek royals, Martha Louise and Ari have jobs. But nobody else besides that?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-job-6849.html
Here are some examples, it' quite an old thread, though.

Closed Thread