The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMolly View Post
You never know what a prince may have in his pocket. But it likely had more to do with being more convenient than a paper clip. No worries about it falling out, or losing the paper clip or such. Not about to staple it in, even if a rule book and not a bible.
Well, if you had read my answer just above your post, you would have found out that it was instead of the piece of paper with the name on it

Old 03-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Nobility

the crown prince and princess norway wont be in Copenhaguen for the christening of the twins. They are in Ghana from 12-14 April.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Courtier

I don't care who's there...I don't even care about who they make godparents...there are only 2 things -well, THREE actually - that I care about...

1. What will Mary wear?
2. Twin girl's name?
3. Twin boy's name?

(In that order ) So shallow I know :)
Old 03-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I don't care who's there...I don't even care about who they make godparents...there are only 2 things -well, THREE actually - that I care about...

1. What will Mary wear?
2. Twin girl's name?
3. Twin boy's name?

Haha, me too! I'm not really bothered about the Godparents because firstly I probably won't know whoever is picked as my knowledge of the likely candidates is pretty much zero, plus godparents aren't really of any interest to me anyway regardless of the child.

My interest is entirely on the names, no idea why exactly but whenever there is a new baby all I want to know is gender & name, nothing else. The way the Danish RF do this naming process with nothing public til the Christening is really entertaining to me, I'm getting more & more interested in what the names end up being. I want to know NOW!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
the crown prince and princess norway wont be in Copenhaguen for the christening of the twins. They are in Ghana from 12-14 April.
And Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn are in the U.S.A. from April 11th till April 17th for a bookpromotion
Old 03-31-2011, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Any word from the Netherlands?

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-31-2011, 04:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post

1. What will Mary wear?
2. Twin girl's name?
3. Twin boy's name?

Oh, I dare to say that CPss Mary will wear the headpiece she wore at both the christening of Prince Christian and the christening of Pss Isabella.

As for the colours of her clothes - I have absolutely no idea. I´m guessing something pink/purple/rose/blue...
Old 03-31-2011, 05:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Any word from the Netherlands?
There was no Dutch royal present at Isabella's christening (and only Constantijn&Laurentien at Christian's). So, I doubt there will be any at the twin's. Besides, I think the Prince of Orange & wife will accompany the queen on a state visit to Germany at that time, but not sure about that.

Actually I think the only royals we will see are the Greek and German relatives and perhaps some godparents, if they chose foreign royals. But I have the feeling it will be Princess Marie for one twin and perhaps someone from the Berleburgs for the other and the rest of the god-parents will be non-royals.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:09 AM
Courtier

Dagobert and Dagmar
Old 03-31-2011, 08:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Oh, I dare to say that CPss Mary will wear the headpiece she wore at both the christening of Prince Christian and the christening of Pss Isabella.

I hope not!
I think she should retire that fascinator; it really isn't all that becoming to her anyway.

(Sorry- I know a lot of people in here absolutely love it).
Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post

As for the colours of her clothes - I have absolutely no idea. I´m guessing something pink/purple/rose/blue...
I hope she will wear the headpiece again. It just seems right, I think.
I imagine she will wear purple. She chose blue for Christian and red for Isabella, so now that there is one of each gender, purple would be perfect.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:23 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Mary wore a lilac-coloured dress to Isabella's christening. Maybe she'll wear red to the twins' christening? Green or yellow (both gender neutral colours)?

I would definately be surprised if she does not wear the cream floral headpiece from the elder children's christening on April 14th.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I hope not!
I think she should retire that fascinator; it really isn't all that becoming to her anyway.

(Sorry- I know a lot of people in here absolutely love it).
I have to agree with you on the head piece, reminds me a lot of what the Amish where around my area.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I have to agree with you on the head piece, reminds me a lot of what the Amish where around my area.
I have to agree, I too wondered why Mary wore a trivet (bordskåner) on her head.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
There was no Dutch royal present at Isabella's christening (and only Constantijn&Laurentien at Christian's). So, I doubt there will be any at the twin's. Besides, I think the Prince of Orange & wife will accompany the queen on a state visit to Germany at that time, but not sure about that.

Actually I think the only royals we will see are the Greek and German relatives and perhaps some godparents, if they chose foreign royals. But I have the feeling it will be Princess Marie for one twin and perhaps someone from the Berleburgs for the other and the rest of the god-parents will be non-royals.
No dutch Royal either according to Het Koninklijk Huis

From the Cp Mary's family only her father and stepmother will be present.
Her siblings were in Denmark several weeks ago, after the birth of the twins.
They returned home to their job and family and it is unlikely that they make now a second trip to Denmark.

I doubt that the Berleburg princesses will be present.
They have their jobs and their training. It is not a weekend
I read somewhere that Jefferson and Alexandra had some problems with their job when the queen's 70th birthday celebration was held and they could not make it in time (vulcano) back to Paris.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness

When it comes to picking royal godparents don't they usually pick 4 if so I believe maybe
Crown princess Victoria of Sweden and prince Daniel
A relative of crown princess Mary
Crown prince haakon and crown princess Mette marit
A British royal maybe wills and Kate or maybe prince Edward,Earl of Sussex and countess Sophie

IDK.........maybe????
But they will definitely pick other royals
Old 03-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

I'm not sure siblings share godparents: Victoria, Haakon and Mette Marit are already godparents to Christian. I also don't know how close Frederik and Mary are to the British Royals. It seems like not many people will be there but I guess people can still be godparents if they're absent from the christening.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Courtier

The only royal I can see as a godparent is Princess Marie.
I think the christening will largely be celebrated with friends, who will be godparents.
From the family I can only see the children's grandparents Queen Margrethe an prince Henrik, grandfather Donaldson and his wife and the children's uncle prince Joachim with princess Marie being present.
I don't see any Berleburg or Greek relatives being present. The christening is on a midweekday and they all have jobs.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Courtier

From reports and pics we have seen since the birth of the twins, Mary's eldest sister Jane was the only sibling that was in Denmark to see the twins. So it's still a possibilty that one or even both siblings will attend the baptism as a godparent. If the media got the touring details of M&F incorrect they may have got other info incorrect as well.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Courtier

Here are two further name propositions: Hugo and Isidor.