The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
I think as the couple named their daughter Isabella which is not a Danish name in first place, I do not think they will go for traditional Danish names at all. And if they did, probably only in relation to the family tree. I'm not fond of modern names for royal children, but I believe they will choose a modern one. Speculation is more or less senseless, we will see the result soon enough.

There are a number of Isabellas in the family tree, and not all married into it. The name is not as rare as some made it out to seem.

Eric V had a daughter Isabella
John of Denmark had a daughter Isabella who married the elector of Brandenberg (Her brother Christian II's wife Isabella is who modern day Princess Isabella is speculated to be named for)
Frederick I had a daughter Isabella
Frederick II had daughter Isabella who married the Duke of Brandenberg
Christian IV had a daughter Sophia Isabella with his wife Christina Munc, and a daughter Isabella with his wife Anna-Catharine of Brandenberg

So Mary and Fred's daughter is at least the seventh Danish princess born with the name Isabella.

I really like the Anna-something. It would be an honor to Anne-Marie but is also very common in the Danish tree, and Prince Henri also had a sister Anne-Marie who died young. The second part could be a name they love but which has been used recently like Sophia, to give it a new form.

Anna-Caroline
Anna-Sophia
Anna-Theresa (Theresa a siter of Henri)
Anna-Catherine (also a sister of Henri)
Anna-Charlotte
Anna-Christina (perhaps not due to closeness to Christian)
Anna-Helene

I really like Anna-Catherine

Princess Anna-Catherine Benedikte Mary Patricia: the queen's sisters, Henri's sister, and Mary and her sister

And Abel I recomended due to the link to Tasmania but perhaps not. Joachim was slightly less traditional for a second son, (seems to be the father in law of Christian IV)

Prince George Friedrick Peter Canut- George from the family tree, Friedrick for Fred, Peter for Mary's family, Canut for Margrethe's Uncle

So

Anna-Catherine Benedikte Mary Patricia
George Friedrick Peter Canut

Old 03-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Viggo? Hmm, don't think so.

FasterB, isn't Viggo very much out these days?
I believe so, yes. I can´t remember when we last had a christening where the boy was named Viggo.
In these days it´s: Albert, Axel/Aksel, Hjalmar, Janus, Lukas, Matthias, Oscar/Oskar, William, Carl/Karl, Johannes, Markus, Jonathan and so on with names from our grandparents generation

Old 03-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaadrian View Post

Anna-Caroline
Anna-Sophia
Anna-Theresa (Theresa a siter of Henri)
Anna-Catherine (also a sister of Henri)
Anna-Charlotte
Anna-Christina (perhaps not due to closeness to Christian)
Anna-Helene

I really like Anna-Catherine

Princess Anna-Catherine Benedikte Mary Patricia: the queen's sisters, Henri's sister, and Mary and her sister

I have to say that I've never liked double names, and so far Frederik and Mary don't seem inclined to adopt them.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I have to say that I've never liked double names, and so far Frederik and Mary don't seem inclined to adopt them.
Just because Isabella is not double named, doesn't mean they aren't inclined. Margrethe and Benedikte don't have double names but Anne-Marie does. Henri is one of eight siblings I think, and only one of his is double named. Christian we knew would be Christian, so that isn't any sign of inclination.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:10 AM
Commoner

I kinda hope they think of names that none of us have thought of! So it will be a complete surprise.
like Isabella's was.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaadrian

Just because Isabella is not double named, doesn't mean they aren't inclined. Margrethe and Benedikte don't have double names but Anne-Marie does. Henri is one of eight siblings I think, and only one of his is double named. Christian we knew would be Christian, so that isn't any sign of inclination.
From what you said, it seems even less likely that a double barrelled name will be chosen.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
It is? Okay.

I can't remember the last time I met someone called Viggo.

Viggo and Vibeke? Nah, doesn't ring.

Abel and Abelone?

Look at this from the statistic base in Denmark on the name Viggo

http://www.dst.dk/Statistik/Navne/Document.aspx?path=/homedk/statistik/navne/baro&layout={AB08C697-2973-4A81-98AC-E038190BA8DB}
Old 03-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina View Post
Look at this from the statistic base in Denmark on the name Viggo

http://www.dst.dk/Statistik/Navne/Document.aspx?path=/homedk/statistik/navne/baro&layout={AB08C697-2973-4A81-98AC-E038190BA8DB}
Doesn´t really show anything, but that 93 babyboys was christened with th name Viggo. That´s not really a modern name, IMO, sorry.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
Gustav of Berleberg
There is no royal called Berleberg, but I think you mean Gustav, Prinz zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Old 03-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Doesn´t really show anything, but that 93 babyboys was christened with th name Viggo. That´s not really a modern name, IMO, sorry.
well the graph is increasing but nvm.

I still think we should have a little prince Christoffer.
I am totally clueless of the princess because there is so many gorgeous girl names
Old 03-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina View Post
well the graph is increasing but nvm.

I still think we should have a little prince Christoffer.
I am totally clueless of the princess because there is so many gorgeous girl names
Oh, Christoffer/Christopher that´s a cute name
Old 03-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
There is no royal called Berleberg, but I think you mean Gustav, Prinz zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Yes, I was too lazy to type the whole thing out.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Oh, Christoffer/Christopher that´s a cute name
A little too close to Christian don't you think. It would be like calling the little girl Christina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
From what you said, it seems even less likely that a double barrelled name will be chosen.
How does what I say make it less likely? I showed there was a tradition of double naming, but that not all siblings were double named.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Courtier

I think they will probably use Frederick grandmothers name
Old 03-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
I think they will probably use Frederick grandmothers name
But isn't Ingrid one of Isabella's names as well as the name of a cousin? The countess?

What is Henri's mother's name?

Old 03-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaadrian View Post
How does what I say make it less likely? I showed there was a tradition of double naming, but that not all siblings were double named.
You mentioned one double barrelled name out of an entire family. Hardly a tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
But isn't Ingrid one of Isabella's names as well as the name of a cousin? The countess?

What is Henri's mother's name?
We have Countess Ingrid and Isabella's second name is Ingrid. It's Renée.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
We have Countess Ingrid and Isabella's second name is Ingrid. It's Renée.
Actually it´s her third name, not the second
Old 03-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Actually it´s her third name, not the second
Second middle name though.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Second middle name though.
Weeeeeeell, although we in Denmark have the term "middle name" it does not supply to this. Both Christian and Isabella has 4 names (and none of them are middle names). So you see it´s her third name

Let me give you an example: Christian Valdemar Østergaard Jensen
Christian Valdemar = first names (fornavn)
Østergaard = Middle name (mellemnavn)
Jensen = Surname (efternavn)

So all names that you can have as a first name will in Denmark be called first names.
Since you can only have one surname, then all other surnames will be middle names except for the last one, which will be the surname

So taking the example and adding names: Christian Valdemar Jonas Mikkel Østergaard Lind Hansen Jensen
4 first names
3 middle names
1 surname
Old 03-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well to me, she has one given name - Isabella and 3 middle names. That's how I work.