The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaadrian View Post

And since when is Harry the future Duke of Edinburgh? The title reverts to the throne, when Philip dies, but it has been stated Elizabeth intends for the title to pass to Edward, why he is only an Earl right now. So if you want the future Duke of Edinburgh, you'd be looking at Edward or his wife.
That has been mentioned at the time of Edward's wedding, but not since.

And suppose Phillip outlives the Queen? Then it will be up to Charles, and he may very well chose to give the title to Harry instead.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That has been mentioned at the time of Edward's wedding, but not since.

And suppose Phillip outlives the Queen? Then it will be up to Charles, and he may very well chose to give the title to Harry instead.
It was stated when Edward married, that Charles had agreed with his mother. Do you really think Charles will over look the direct wishes of both his parents, to name his son Duke of Edinburgh if Philip outlives his wife? There is no shortage of Dukedomes, it would be pretty crass of him to name Harry Duke of Edinburgh, not to mention the public out cry. The public is more than aware Elizabeth stated Edward would have the title. Charles already has enough bad PR from the people in the UK without adding that. Harry will be Duke of something, but not Edinburgh.

And why has it not been mentioned since? Well because talking of Prince Philip like he is dead is a tad bit morbid don't you think. It has been made known, the queen's wishes and intentions, that's enough.

The likely hood is Philip will die first. He is five years the queen's senior. Their birthdays are both June, he will be 90, she will be 85. Her mother was 102 when she died. Prince Philip has suffered a serious heart problem since 1992.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Courtier

Sorry I have steered this thread off course...but really our speculations are just a game because we never know what direction Mary and Frederik will go in, with either names or godparents...I am sure not maybe people were expecting John or Henri (the French version) to be included in Christian's name or even that they would use a name like Isabella...and as for godparents, well how many more friends can come out the woodwork now and step up as godparents?

But on the question of godparents, when a person is made a godparent does that make their spouse a godparent by default? I am thinking of Prince Daniel (Victoria is already) Princess Marie (Joachim is already) or Caroline Heering (Peter is already)...And another question, you can be approached/invited to be a godparent but you still have the right of refusal, don't you? If you think you aren't up to the responsibility, etc...

My hopes are that the Doky's, the Reedtz-Thott's get a look in this time...Maybe the Varnoe's because I am actually sceptical about the role of a godparent, I don't think it has much to do with religious instruction, more a strategic move, future insurance for their child, return for favours...(like ski holidays in Switzerland )
Old 02-18-2011, 02:48 AM
Administrator

Okay, time to get back to the main topic of this thread - thanks!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post

But on the question of godparents, when a person is made a godparent does that make their spouse a godparent by default? I am thinking of Prince Daniel (Victoria is already) Princess Marie (Joachim is already) or Caroline Heering (Peter is already)...And another question, you can be approached/invited to be a godparent but you still have the right of refusal, don't you? If you think you aren't up to the responsibility, etc...
No, I don't think a spouse becomes a godparent by default and Prince Daniel is a possiblity. Though I don't know how long he's known Frederik and Mary.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:34 PM

Geez, I'm almost afraid to post again, after the recent attack, but dare I suggest NO British royals and perhaps Prince Daniel and Miss Petty as godparents this time..
Old 02-19-2011, 04:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
No, I don't think a spouse becomes a godparent by default and Prince Daniel is a possiblity. Though I don't know how long he's known Frederik and Mary.
IMO long enough to become a godparent! Royal godparenting is also about inclusion and appreciation!

Viv
Old 02-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taroonababe View Post
Prince Daniel and Miss Petty as godparents this time..
Love these suggestions, it was about time Amber Petty was fully recognised as the deserving friend that she it.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness

There are quiet a few close friends of Fred who could be godparents

Ellen Helingsoe
Holger Foss
Chris Minh Doky
Ditlef Ahlefeldt-Laurvig
Soeren Jessen
Michael Brockenhuus-Schack
Christian and Gitte Dalum
Christina Obel
Anne Katrine and Lars Wilhjelm
Frederik and Christel Lüttichau
Michael Halbye
Bendt and Pernille Wedell
Rikke Juel Brandt
Julie Meulengracht and Peter Bang
Christian and Mette Ahlefeldt-Laurvig
Thomas and Tina Fabienke
Marc Hom
Julie Moelsgaard
Nina Wedell-Wedellsborg
Niclas Palmstierna
Thomas Blachmann
Henrik Olsen
Soeren Lauritsen
Soeren Bredvig Nielsen
Kasper Harsberg
Charlotte and Thomas Velin
Carl Erik Kjaersgaard
Christian Levin
Old 02-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Bendt and Pernille Wedell
Christian and Mette Ahlefeldt-Laurvig
Thomas Blachmann
I think that we can rule these out for these reasons:
Bendt and Pernille Wedell-Wedellsborg / Christian and Mette Ahlefeldt-Laurvig: They seem to have more contact with Prince Joachim and Princess Marie

Thomas Blachmann: IMO - I love him, but I think he´s to controvesial...
Old 02-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Serene Highness

Hm, why is Thomas Blachmann controversial? Because he is a judge on X Factor?
Old 02-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Hm, why is Thomas Blachmann controversial? Because he is a judge on X Factor?
It´s a part of it. Not the judging-thing, but the things he´s saying while on X-Factor-job
Old 02-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness

Ah, so he is the Dieter Bohlen of Denmark
Old 02-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

I think so, yes :)
Old 02-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Gentry

Names: Eric / Harald / for boy and Anna / Louise / Sophie for girl
Godparents: prince Gustav, prince Nikolaos or prince Daniel, and princess Marie, princess Madeleine and Caroline Heering.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:56 PM

Have either of the Handwer's been chosen as godparents for Christian and Isabella ?

Jeppe Handwerk would be a godfather that I wouldnt mind at all looking at !!!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taroonababe View Post
Have either of the Handwer's been chosen as godparents for Christian and Isabella ?

Jeppe Handwerk would be a godfather that I wouldnt mind at all looking at !!!
Jeppe is godfather to Christian.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness

Here are the godparents of Christian

Quote:
Hendes Kongelige Højhed Kronprinsesse Victoria af Sverige
Hendes Kongelige Højhed Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit af Norge
Fru Jane Stephens
Hans Kongelige Højhed Prins Joachim
Hans Kongelige Højhed Kronprins Haakon af Norge
Hans Kongelige Højhed Kronprins Pavlos af Grækenland
Hr. Hamish Campbell
Hr. Jeppe Handwerk
http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/3bf0029

And here the godparents of Isabella

Quote:
H.K.H. Prinsesse Mathilde af Belgien
H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexia
Dr. Nadine Johnston
Overlæge, dr.med. Christian Buchwald
Direktør, major Peter Heering
Hofjægermesterinde Marie Louise Skeel
http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/4ea0029
Old 02-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Courtier

I really don't think Amber Petty will be a godparent as everyone is saying...I could be wrong and just jinxing myself...But I think there is a difference between the role of a family friend (Amber) and a godparent...And maybe the role of godparent is too constrained and Amber will provide and play another role that is free of religious boundaries and rules...A godparent has to play a part in the religious education and spiritual life of their godchild, that is the broad definition...And I don't think that sits well with Amber herself...while it would be a nice gesture on Mary's part, it wouldn't make much sense...I don't know, maybe I am confused about the whole godparent thing?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

I guess the parents' choice of godparents would be based on what kind of support they want the godparent to provide.

Closed Thread