The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Serene Highness

I spent some time going through the danish royal family tree, I was trying to look at some of the obscure branches and I found a couple of names that I think would be very nice and actually modern for the new lilliprinz and lilleprinsess:

Charlotte Rose
Juliana Rose
Caroline Mathilda

Maximlilian Joseph
Carl Johan
Axel William

Old 01-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Courtier

I think it is possible that they use Charlotte and Maximilian (Charley and Max)...because those names are popular with non-royals and the names have royal precedents...Love Prince Max and Princess Charlotte...my only concern is would they want a Christian and Charlotte, two Ch- names...Maybe they'll go with the twin cliche of Max and Matilda?

Old 01-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I think it is possible that they use Charlotte and Maximilian (Charley and Max)...because those names are popular with non-royals and the names have royal precedents...Love Prince Max and Princess Charlotte...my only concern is would they want a Christian and Charlotte, two Ch- names...Maybe they'll go with the twin cliche of Max and Matilda?
Maixmilian is a name strange to the danish ear, so I highly doubt that they will choose that name
Old 01-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Commoner

How about :
Dominik Daniel Patrick André
And
Josefine Amber Renée Frederikke
Old 01-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Gentry

Why don't they just call the little prince Maximus Decimus Meridius? He wouldn't have to do anything but quote phrases:

'Today I saw a slave become more powerful than Rome (or Denmark)'
'At my signal unleash hell'
'What we do in life, echoes in eternity'
'Strength an honour'

He'll be the best King in history. Ever.

Little princess could be Joan. Of Ark can be her middle name
Old 01-17-2011, 05:17 AM
Commoner

I have my fingers and toes crossed for: Hans and Grethe

Just like the fairytale, Hansel and Gretel
Old 01-19-2011, 02:21 AM
Courtier

Sent my (congratulatory and name suggesting) letter off to the couple..let's see if I get a personal response OR that they actually use some of my suggestions

Hurry up March/April...wanting to know their names is making want to burst with impatience...
Old 01-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfdane View Post
I have my fingers and toes crossed for: Hans and Grethe

Just like the fairytale, Hansel and Gretel
There's a little problem here: Hansel and Gretel is a German fairy tale by the Grimm brother. Denmark is the land of Hans Christian Anderson, so maybe we should look for names in his stories. Does the little Mermaid have a name in Anderson's story?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 AM
Courtier

Denmark is close enough...Johannes and Margrethe, nicknames Hansel and Gretel
Old 01-19-2011, 07:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
There's a little problem here: Hansel and Gretel is a German fairy tale by the Grimm brother. Denmark is the land of Hans Christian Anderson, so maybe we should look for names in his stories. Does the little Mermaid have a name in Anderson's story?

There is Kai and Gerda fra "The snowqueen" (snedronningen)
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
No, she has no first name. (She is just called "den lille Havfrue" in Danish)
Tommelise (Thumbelina) does not have a first name as well. But Tommelise is a very cute nick name.

As far as i know the princess in "the Wild Swans" is called Elisa.

My guess for a first name for the lille prinsesse:
Sophie/Sofie
Mathilde/Matilda
Elisabeth
Josefina
Charlotte
Louise

and the little prince:

William
Thomas
Knud (but more unlikely)
Old 01-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAmalia View Post
No, she has no first name. (She is just called "den lille Havfrue" in Danish)
Tommelise (Thumbelina) does not have a first name as well. But Tommelise is a very cute nick name.

As far as i know the princess in "the Wild Swans" is called Elisa.

My guess for a first name for the lille prinsesse:
Sophie/Sofie
Mathilde/Matilda
Elisabeth
Josefina
Charlotte
Louise

and the little prince:
William
Thomas
Knud (but more unlikely)
Elisa sounds very nice! But after all it's not likely that they look for names in fairy tales.
I don't like William. To me it sounds like an old man's name (and sorry, I never like the name of Prince William therefore). Also the name is now too much associated with the British royals.
Thomas and Charlotte are very nice, though.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Whatever names they choose, won't the little prince have either Frederik or Christian as one of them?

And won't the princess be: Something Something Ingrid Margrethe?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel
Whatever names they choose, won't the little prince have either Frederik or Christian as one of them?

And won't the princess be: Something Something Ingrid Margrethe?
It isn't set in stone that the boy has to have Frederik or Christan and for the girl Ingrid and Margrethe.
I'm hoping we don't see any reoccurring family names unless it's for a specific reason.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It isn't set in stone that the boy has to have Frederik or Christan and for the girl Ingrid and Margrethe.
I'm hoping we don't see any reoccurring family names unless it's for a specific reason.

There will probably be a Frederik/Christian in Elvis' name, as with his father, brother, uncle and cousins. Just in case...

Not so sure about Ingrid/Margrethe...
Old 01-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think it is set in stone that the little prince is named "Frederik" with one of his name (likely not the first name, which is used on a daily basis, because that would be confusing).
But i think they will not use Christian as a middle name, because of their other son.
Ingrid or Margrethe might be used again, although it is used for Isabella. But just one of them, not both, because that is to much copying Isabella's name.
I take it for granted that they will use a traditional danish name as a middle name. They did so when using Ingrid and Valdemar. So Thyra, Dagmar, Gertrud, Hedwig, Ingeborg, Frederikke, Ulrike, Louise, Mathilde might be used as a middle name.

I love the name Feodora, but it is to unusual for a first name. Might be middle name, but i think they will not consider Feodora at all.

So in the end they might use the following combinations - just my predictions
4 name in total:
- 1. name, because they might like it.
- one middle name will be traditional Danish
- one or two middle names will be the names of a relative

Sophie (or Sofie) Elisabeth Margrethe Victoria
Mathilde Louise Mary Henrietta
Sophie (or Sofie) Margrethe Charlotte Johanne (a version of Jane)
Mathilde/Matilda Ulrikke Ingrid Charlotte
Elisabeth Amalie Margrethe Ingeborg
Josefina Louise Margrethe Thyra
Charlotte Hedwig Patricia Mary
Louise Ingrid Victoria Jane

William Frederik Andre Peter
William Frederik Knud Joachim
William Johann Frederik Knud
Thomas Johann Peter Frederik
Oscar Thomas Frederik Peter/Johann
Old 01-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAmalia View Post
I think it is set in stone that the little prince is named "Frederik" with one of his name (likely not the first name, which is used on a daily basis, because that would be confusing).
But i think they will not use Christian as a middle name, because of their other son.
Why is it set in stone?
If it was every son would have "Frederik" in their name would they not? Felix, Henrik, Konstantin and none of the Greek princes have Frederik in their name?
So I would not say it is set in stone.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Why is it set in stone?
If it was every son would have "Frederik" in their name would they not? Felix, Henrik, Konstantin and none of the Greek princes have Frederik in their name?
So I would not say it is set in stone.
It's simple a tradition of the Family that sons have either Frederik or Christian under their names. So if one of them should became King the could either Frederik or Christan as their regnal Name.
They only of Queen margrethe's grandson who has neither Christian orFrederik under his names is Prince Henrik jr. probably he is not high in the line of succession. And Konstantin has no succession rights neither are the greek Princes.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Commoner

I was joking about the fairytale. Yes it is written by German authors, however, Hans was a King of Denmark and Hans is a Danish name. Grethe is the short form of Margrethe. Hans is also the short form of John. So I don't think those two names are out of the running, imo. Also, Hans as in Hans Chr. Andersen...lol...ok, I am done defending now!

Whatever names, the CPC chooses, I am sure they will be appropriate for them.

Hans Christian Valdemar Joachim
Margrethe (Grethe) Isabella Ingrid Henrietta
Old 01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Aristocracy

i would love a frederikke somewhere for the girl and a marius somewhere for the boy to honour the happy parents. i'd like these version better than a frederik and a mary.