The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
But aren't Jeppe Handwerk, Christian Buchwald, Peter Heering and Marie Louise Skeel common people
Yes they are common

Jeppe Handwerk is common. He met CP Frederik at the very challenging education in the naval elite special operations forces. (He has now a business of some sort).

Buchwald is common. He met CP Frederik when he was just a young student, teaching CP Frederik tennis. They developed a close friendship. (He is now a doctor of medicine.)

Peter Heering is a common but a childhoodfriend. His parents are really good friends with QMII. His father had a factory and later on his mother Susanne Heering started a balley School. (He is in insurance)

Marie Louise Skeel is possibly a noblewoman. Actually I don't know what she is doing for a living.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Courtier

More reasons why MATILDA for the girl twin is a safe bet:

Scottish Queen:
Matilda of Scotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Name used by many Danish royals, albeit as a middle name (Caroline Matilda and Sophie Matilda) so now is the time for it to be put in the first name position...

Australian association with song/poem, 'Waltzin' Matilda':
Waltzing Matilda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Origins of the name are Germanic which fits in well with Danish culture:
Matilda | Name Meaning & Origin | Girl Name Matilda | Baby Names World

So it has Scottish, Australian, Danish associations, covers all bases, is popular at the moment which seem to fit M & F's naming criteria...they want aa name with a history and royal ties but not too obscure (dare I say like Dagmar and Ingeborg)....they keep the obscure names for middle names...My proposed combo for Matilda:

Matilda Dagmar Patricia Jane...
Mary will definitely honour both her sister's in her last daughter's name, since all the important matriarchs were honoured in Isabella's 3 middle names (Henrietta, Ingrid and Margrethe)

Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAmalia View Post
two articles about naming the twins:
Emma, Valdemar, Lærke, Robert, Astrid, Elvis: Forsker: Det bliver ikke Elvis og Lærke - Danmark - BT.dk
Astrid and Valdemar Forsker: En Astrid eller en Valdemar - Danmark - BT.dk

Nothing in this articles which i really liked , besides William.
Emma is nice, but not regal enough.
Astrid is fine as a middle name, but there is an evil joke with "Arschtritt" in German ("Arschtritt" sounding very much like "Astrid" in German, "Arsch" means "arse" and "tritt" means "kick" (with foot))
Martha-Louise's daughter is Emma. There was a Queen Emma of England, wife of 2 and mother of 4 english kings, and aunt to William the conqueror.

Quote:
Okay, now I've got it.

I think there were just two royal "Mathilde" in Denmark. There was Caroline Mathilde (also written: Karoline Matilde or in UK Caroline Matilda) She lived and died in a very sad way. (also see: Caroline Matilda of Great Britain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). But i have no idea how she is seen in Denmark. Does the person Caroline Mathilde or the royal name Mathilde have a positiv connotation?

There is also another Caroline Mathilde of Denmark 1912 – 1995, mother of Princess Elisabeth (see: Princess Caroline-Mathilde of Denmark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

While looking on wikipedia, i saw the name "Feodora" ( name of the sister of Queen Victoria and quite popular among her descendants). I really felt in love with that name But probably it is too unusual for Mary and Frederik.

There is also Mathilda of Holstein married to Valdemar II's son Abel (1225-1287)

Matilda, Princess of Denmark, eldest child of Cristofer I of Denmark (1250-1311) who married the Margrave of Brandenberg, and was niece to previous
Old 01-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like the name Mathilde, I hope they don't choose that!
I still like Dorothea for a girl (she can be called Thea for short), and Eric for a boy.
Those are names that will also work in English.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Aristocracy

Kathrina
Mary
Mathilde
Viktoria
Bridget = (Danish Birgitta)

Nicholas or Nikolas
Lukas
Jakob

I think it would be nice to have Mary's name in at least one of her children.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Nobility

Mathilde is kind of pretty.Not my top choice but I like it in a way.I think Flora is pretty too.

Johan is one of my favorites for a boy but I don't know if it fits with Mathilde.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Stephen or Victoria
Old 01-10-2011, 03:21 AM
Courtier

I also wouldn't mind Anneke...Hmm:

Anneke Dagmar Matilda Jane AND

Oscar Vilhelm Aage Frederik
Old 01-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Aristocracy

I was just thinking of the name Soren Frederik Joachim Alexander for the little prince. I quite like that name.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Margarita (Dronningen)
Matilda
Josephina
Anna Maria

For the boy I do not have a clue yet
Old 01-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaadrian View Post
Martha-Louise's daughter is Emma. There was a Queen Emma of England, wife of 2 and mother of 4 english kings, and aunt to William the conqueror.
Yes, i know about "Emma Tallulah Behn". But i don't like it at all. Already in 2008 when Märtha-Louise's daughter was born, i thought the name, mainly Tallulah, was awkward and too strange.

Emma is not that bad, but just not regal enough. The medieval Queen Emma does not change my mind. These medieval names i often link a lot more to people born after 1900. Emma is really popular in Germany (since 1995?) and it was already between 1890 and 1910. At the moment there seem to be dozens of labrador retrievers called Emma .

Quote:
There is also Mathilda of Holstein married to Valdemar II's son Abel (1225-1287)
Thank you, i didn't see her, because she is called "Mechthild von Holstein" in German and Mechthilde af Holsten in Danish. (Danish Wikipedia: Abel af Danmark - Wikipedia, den frie encyklopædi )

Quote:
Matilda, Princess of Denmark, eldest child of Cristofer I of Denmark (1250-1311) who married the Margrave of Brandenberg, and was niece to previous
Her name is also Mechtild in Danish and German. ( Christoffer 1. - Wikipedia, den frie encyklopædi. )
Old 01-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
Name used by many Danish royals, albeit as a middle name (Caroline Matilda and Sophie Matilda) so now is the time for it to be put in the first name position...
Their names are: Caroline Mathilde and Sophie Mathilde, so if the CPC choose to use this name I think it will be Mathide and not Mathilda
Old 01-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Their names are: Caroline Mathilde and Sophie Mathilde, so if the CPC choose to use this name I think it will be Mathide and not Mathilda
I was just thinking, if they would use Matilda, although it is not the traditional Danish version.
Isabella is quite modern and popular in Denmark. And Mary told a magazine that they used Isabella because it was in Frederiks ancestry. Was Elisabet af Østrig/Burgund (1501-1526) known as Elisabet/Elisabeth or as Isabella in Denmark?

In Germany she is known as "Isabella von Österreich/Habsburg", and Elisabeth is not used for her. (The Spanish "Isabel" is mainly translated to Isabella and not to Elisabeth. E.g. Isabel I de Castilla = Isabella I. von Kastilien)
Old 01-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I was just thinking, if they would use Matilda, although it is not the traditional Danish version.
Isabella is quite modern and popular in Denmark.
Yes, but Mathilda is not a name that is very much used in Denmark. In fact only 126 is named Mathilda (96 is named Matilda) today, where 10122 is named Mathilde (2408 is named Matilde).
So that´s the reason I think they will choose Mathilde/Matilde, if they want to use that name.

Quote:
And Mary told a magazine that they used Isabella because it was in Frederiks ancestry. Was Elisabet af Østrig/Burgund (1501-1526) known as Elisabet/Elisabeth or as Isabella in Denmark?

In Germany she is known as "Isabella von Österreich/Habsburg", and Elisabeth is not used for her. (The Spanish "Isabel" is mainly translated to Isabella and not to Elisabeth. E.g. Isabel I de Castilla = Isabella I. von Kastilien)
The wife of King Christian II is known as Elisabet/Elisabeth (I can´t remember if it´s Elisabet or Elisabeth)
Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The wife of King Christian II is known as Elisabet/Elisabeth (I can´t remember if it´s Elisabet or Elisabeth)
Okay, i see - so they are not very bound to tradition.

I prefer Mathilde. But Matilda seems to be more international and it suits more to Isabella.

Is there somebody out there who likes "Feodora"?
Feodora - my new favourite.

But i still think Sophie is more likely than Mathilde/Matilda or Feodora. But it is usually written Sofie in Denmark. So I don't know which one (f/ph) they would use.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Okay, i see - so they are not very bound to tradition.

I prefer Mathilde. But Matilda seems to be more international and it suits more to Isabella.

But i still think Sophie is more likely than Mathilde/Matilda or Feodora. But it is usually written Sofie in Denmark. So I don't know which one (f/ph) they would use.
Feodora is the name of the youngest daugther of Count Christian and Countess Anne-Dorte of Rosenborg

Sofie/Sophie that is pretty much the same in danish, so no preference here
Old 01-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Feodora is the name of the youngest daugther of Count Christian and Countess Anne-Dorte of Rosenborg
I think it was her on the pedigree in the internet, who i saw first.

Quote:
Sofie/Sophie that is pretty much the same in danish, so no preference here
I used this tool (very nice to have one - in Germany it would violate data protection/privacy)
http://www.dst.dk/HomeUK/Statistics/Names/HowMany.aspx
It says (2010): Sofie 15996 women, Sophie 2587 women, Sofia 2511, Sophia 1574
Old 01-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think it was her on the pedigree in the internet, who i saw first.
And therefor I don´t think they will use it. Feodora is alive and is about 35 years old, so I can´t really see the CPC use that name.
Personally I really like the name :)

Quote:
I used this tool (very nice to have one - in Germany it would violate data protection/privacy)
How many have the name - Statistics Denmark
It says (2010): Sofie 15996 women, Sophie 2587 women, Sofia 2511, Sophia 1574
Yes, dst.dk is very good I didn´t know that there was such a difference in the names, but Sofie/Sophie is pronounced the same way, so no preference (at least from me) here. It´s the same as Mathilde/Matilde.

But Sofie/Sophie and Sofia/Sophia is not pronounced the same way. I think Sofie is the old way to spell the name and that´s why there is so many with that spelling. IMO then it´s mostly women in their 60´es and over that have that way. The younger girls are named Sophie, I think. But I don´t know for sure.

As to DST violating the privacy, it will never show you names that maximum 2 has. Then it will say: "There are maximum 2 with that name".
Old 01-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
To be honest, I don't really like the name. But that's just because I don't know a single person with this name. Only a horse. Oh, and this chocolate brand: http://www.feodora.de/ . So, no. No voting for Feodora from me. Sorry.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

I hope that if they use Matilda, it will be a middle name. I personally don't like and I don't think it goes well with Christian and Isabella. I would love to have:

Charlotte Adalaide Patricia Jane
Caroline Matilda Patricia Jane
Katarina Matilda Patricia Jane

I am still out on a name for little Elvis but would like to see Aaron used as a middle name just because of all the posting around the babies being born on Elvis birthday.

Closed Thread