Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscar? Like the late dog of Joachim and Alexandra?

A little Prince André would be cute. And whose name among the older royals haven't been used by the little princes? So maybe:

André Joachim Frederik Gustaf

Same logic behind the little Princess' name though personally it'd be nice if they use Frederik's name for the girl. I'm hoping for:

Frederika Alexandrine Mary Victoria.

Something like that anyway. I'm just really rooting for a
Prince André and Princess Frederika.

Oscar? Like the late dog of Joachim and Alexandra?

Or like Oscar 1. or Oscar 2. of Sweden. Queen Ingrid's great-great grandfather & great grandfather :D
Oscar is a cute name IMO + it is international.

A little Prince André would be cute. And whose name among the older royals haven't been used by the little princes? So maybe:

André Joachim Frederik Gustaf

Same logic behind the little Princess' name though personally it'd be nice if they use Frederik's name for the girl. I'm hoping for:

Frederika Alexandrine Mary Victoria.

Something like that anyway. I'm just really rooting for a
Prince André and Princess Frederika.

I like those names & I really like the idea of André or another version of the name such as Andreas.

OK so if Oscar is out because of J & A's old dog, then I am hoping for Hugo...it is Germanic which fits well with Danish and has a slight Australian connection with the great Aussie actor, Hugo Weaving...

Prince Hugo Frederik Aage Stuart

and

Princess Matilda Thyra Patricia Jane

Prince Hugo and Princess Matilda

Christian, Isabella, Hugo and Matilda is a great set of siblings!

And I like Hugo and Matilda with royal cousins: Nikolai, Felix and Henrik :)

eta: I also like the idea of Archibald, also Germanic and the name of Mary's grandfather, Henrietta's father...Prince Archibald Frederik Marius Stuart...Prince Archie is so cool!

Archibald and Matilda is great for twins!

Last edited:
Why not go with nordic names like

Boys:
Frej
Birk
Asbjørn

Girls:
Freja
Sif
Ida

^^^^^^^^^^^
How do you pronounce those names? They have to be able to be pronounced by most people. Also considering Christian and Isabella are easy to say, I doubt they'll use a nordic name.

But I don't think you'll see any of the names suggested by betina as even middle names.

I don't think we would have thought about Þorhildur either for Queen Margrethe :lol: And nobody expected Isabella, either :lol:

Not saying that the names suggested by betina will or won't be a choice :)

Considering who Margrethe is, and who she was born to, I would have expected a nordic middle name.
When it comes to Elvis and Shirley, I espect modern names with family traditional names as middle names for that sign of respect.

I personally like the Danish names. They are a nice way to honor the culture that they represent. I think it would be nice if they gave the children both Danish and English names (i.e. Danish name English name Danish name English name-or vice versa).

I personally like the Danish names. They are a nice way to honor the culture that they represent. I think it would be nice if they gave the children both Danish and English names (i.e. Danish name English name Danish name English name-or vice versa).

I agree. Or perhaps they could choose a name that works as both.

For boys:
Philip
For girls:
Charlotte

Godparent:
Princess Marie of Denmark (the best)
Princess Tessy de Nassau.

oh btw ....Philip is typical regally name......

and as well as that for example: Prince Carl Philip of Sweden.....:)

Philip:
1) elegant
2) Classic
3) old royal name
4) international
5) regally ----->>> Prince Carl Philip of Sweden
Philip V of Spain
Philip Duke of Parma
Philip I of France
Philip II of France

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Australian connection idea...Names plus announcement dates...

Princess Sigrid Thyra Patricia Jane

(after Aussie actress (with a Scandinavian name), Sigrid Thornton, her birthday, 12 February, date of (hypothetical) christening date announcement)

Prince Hugo Archibald Vilhelm Frederik

(after Aussie actor (with suitable royal sounding name), Hugo Weaving, his birthday, 4 April, date of (hypothetical) christening that was announced on 12 February)

Princess Sigrid and Prince Hugo would go nicely with Christian and Isabella...And with Australian connections and coincidencess are added bonuses... :)

Hurry up and put my speculating circus out of it's misery ;)

Girl - Augusta Alexedrine Patricia Jane - called Augusta
Boy - Phillip Michael Carl Vilhelm - called Phillip Michael

Godparents
Prince Daniel of Sweden
One of Mary's Sisters
John Donaldson
Prince Phillip of Belgium
Prince Felip of Spain
Princess Letizia of Spain

Mary's sister Jane is already godmother to Christian so perhaps for the twins Mary's brother John or sister Patricia? I think it would be nice to see someone from Mary's siblings and one of Frederik's French cousins.

I don't think cartoon characters deterred Joachim and Alexandra from using Felix, so I don't think it will have much weight with Mary and Frederik either...Oscar, Hugo, Matilda shouldn't be discounted due to their pop culture links...Let's face it, most names have associations with someone or something and sometimes if you like a name enough you will ignore them :)

For boys:
Philip
For girls:
Charlotte

oh btw ....Philip is typical regally name......

and as well as that for example: Prince Carl Philip of Sweden.....:)

Philip:
1) elegant
2) Classic
3) old royal name
4) international
5) regally ----->>> Prince Carl Philip of Sweden
Philip V of Spain
Philip Duke of Parma
Philip I of France
Philip II of France

But Phillip is too closely associated with the Duke of Edinburgh, and Charlotte with Charlotte Casiraghi.

I don't think Frederik and Mary will choose them for that reason.

But Phillip is too closely associated with the Duke of Edinburgh, and Charlotte with Charlotte Casiraghi.

I don't think Frederik and Mary will choose them for that reason.

Are they close to either the Duke or Charlotte Casiraghi?
The twins are Mary and Frederiks children, they can call them whatever they like. I'm sure Philip and Charlotte aren't going to be offended if M&F choose to use those names. It's not like they are exclusive.

I'm thinking of Princess Marie of Denmark and Prince Daniel of Sweden for sure!

I don't like the name Hugo. Laura is a pretty name. I like that one.
It wouldn't surprise me if they came up with names no one has thought of.

Well, I like to see you guys do better ;)

We're simply stating that some names sounds different in Danish + as there are some names that'll be mocked in Australia, there are also names that'll be mocked here in Denmark such as fx. Hugo, the little prince will be associated with this little guy all the time :)

Like the title off this thread implies, they are merely suggestions for fun...we have absolutely no influence at all on the names of these twins...It's fun to speculate and as I previously stated in post no. 830, cartoon characters didn't deter Joachim and Alexandra from using Felix, so I think the same can be said for Hugo...I know it's unlikely it will be used also but I was merely putting it out there as a possibility...

Most people's responses on this thread have been critiques of others suggestions, while not making any suggestions of their own...This is a suggestion thread not a critique thread, which I why I said in post no. 833 that I would 'like to see you guys do better'...Stop picking on me and make your own suggestions :p

At least I am trying to think like Mary and Fred as to what they could possibly name these babies...Soory for the rant, but I would love to see more suggestions and less critique...Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom