The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Several people have mentioned the Crown Princess of Sweden as a potential godparent.
Is that a possibility?
I thought that since she is already godmother to Prince Christian, she couldn't serve as godmother to one of his siblings?
Why shouldn't it be possible? My mother is godmother of her youngest brother AND of the youngest son of said brother.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

She can serve as godmother for all the siblings that the CPC wants her to :)

But it´s unsual to use the same again and again - even in "normal" danish families. You always try to share the honour with so many familiy member/friends as possible :)

Old 01-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB

No, they don´t have a surname, but in the case of the three princesses, Ingrid and Frederik used "Ingrid" as a sort for surname. To bind the three princesses together to show who they are daugthers of.
I am confused.... So her name is Ingrid Ingrid?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Yes Mette Marit is a godmother of Christian.

I suppose there is no real reason why she couldn't be a godmother to one of the twins.

I would imagine, however, that the twins would get their own godparents that are not associated with their siblings.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
No, just all her daughters have Ingrid as the last name of their middle names. Her full name was Ingrid Victoria Sofia Louise Margareta.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
No, QMII is named: Margrethe Alexandrine Þorhildur Ingrid
Her sisters name are: Benedikte Astrid Ingeborg Ingrid and Anne-Marie Dagmar Ingrid.

You get the idea of using Ingrid as the last name (just like a surname, except it isn´t a surname).

Benedikte did the same with her daugthers: Alexandra Rosemarie Ingrid Benedikte and Nathalie Xenia Margareta Benedikte.

I don´t know if Anne-Marie did the same with her daugthers, but I don´t think so.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Royal Highness

Oh thank you! I was confused :)
Old 01-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Oh thank you! I was confused :)
You´re most welcome
Old 01-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
I don´t know if Anne-Marie did the same with her daugthers, but I don´t think so.
No she didn't. They're Greek anyway, so they only have one name to begin with.

By the way, thanks for clearing that up with the names. It's so confusing sometimes!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Aristocracy

Do you think the twins will have the same godparents or will they have separate godparents?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz View Post
as for victoria and daniel, i can definitely see one of them being godparent!
but the goparents are known in advance or it is like the names, known during the christening itself?
Victoria is a godmother to Christian

Usually the websites Kongehuset and D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - D.K.H. Kronprinsparrets hjemmeside are updated shortly before and during the christening, so then it will be sure, but before the other two christenings, the godparents were already published by the press, but not officially on the websites of the DRF
Old 01-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Aristocracy

I could imagine William, actually the name of one of Mary's great grandfather.

Mathilde/Mathilde - both a royal name, works in several languages, very popular in Denmark, and a great honor to the national anthem of Australia, Waltzing Mathilda. :)
Magnus - just imagine, Magnus and Mathilde, maybe a bit too matchy matchy.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotearoagal View Post
Is there a Danish version for "Mary"?
Maria was a very popular name in 1970'erne, 1980'erne og 1990'erne. Marie with an e was very popular in the first half of 1900.

Mary has also been used to danish girls. The older generation will pronounce it in a danish way but most pronounce Mary in the english way.

The english Mary would in french be Marie - but IMO Mary and Marie are 2 different names in Denmark.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Þorhildur
Now there's a name for a little Danish princess. Nobody'd expect that. (Nice use of the thorn character!)
Old 01-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAilinne View Post
Now there's a name for a little Danish princess. Nobody'd expect that. (Nice use of the thorn character!)
Well, it´s one of QMII´s names to honour the Faroese Islands
Old 01-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Courtier

I would love it if they used Thorhildur as a name for a princess...Princess Thorhildur, nickname Princess Hilda...Bella and Hilda are such cute sister names
Old 01-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I would love it if they used Thorhildur as a name for a princess...Princess Thorhildur, nickname Princess Hilda...Bella and Hilda are such cute sister names
I don´t think they will use Hilda as a nickname. It´s too young for an old name to be recycled... Hmm, I hope you get the meaning of what I´m trying to say
Old 01-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Nobility

letizia have good relation of Mary?????(godparents I'm thinking Letizia of Spain, )i don't think that
Old 01-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Aristocracy

Name guesses:

For the princess:
Mathilde/Mathilda (I'm pretty sure of this one)
Caroline
Sophia
Louise/Louisa
Sarah
Freya/Freja
Emma
Laura
Liva
Liora

For the prince:
Magnus
William
Noah
Oscar
Oliver

Funny thing, Anne-mette Krakou suggests Mathilda and William. That would be my best guess as well, has been for the past days.

I would sincerely LOVE it if the prince was to have Elvis as one of his middlenames.

I'm gonna add Jacob and Amalie/a/Amelia/e
Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Majesty

how about Josephine?

;-)

Closed Thread