The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Is HENRIKA an actual name ?? I like it!
Henrika is an allowed name, but it was used just once in the last 25 years. One girl in 1994 was named Henrika (source: http://www.dst.dk/Statistik/Navne/Document.aspx?path=%2fhomedk%2fstatistik%2fnavne%2fbarocompare&layout={AB08C697-2973-4A81-98AC-E038190BA8DB} type in "Henrika").

I think Henrika is pretty unlikely. Too close to Henrik.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Courtier

You are very good to me, lindaW.
I can only repeat what I said recently: all "my" names, I take them from our catholic day calendar, which showed on the 6th of December amongst Nicole and Dionysia also the name of HENRIKA. Thank you.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Courtier

So stupid...i just read an online article about how Mary's twins will arrive before Christmas, but that is not the stupid part...some goose replied in the comments about how Frederik and Christian are the only allowable names of boys in the Danish royal family and if it's twin boys, they will have to be called: Frederik and Christian...Ummm, I don't think so! Frederik and Christian are the names of Danish kings, but there are a variety of names 'allowed' in the Danish royal family...

I think if it is twin boys, they might have Christian and Frederik as a 4th name, so in event that they have to rule, they would be, for example Thomas Vilhelm Donald Frederik, styled as King Frederik the whatever...or the other twin could be William Aage Oscar Christian, style as King Christian...and even though Christian will be his older brother's first name, I think it will be reused as a middle name, just because of the larger picture of Danish lineage and tradition...
Old 12-10-2010, 02:32 AM
Aristocracy

has Victoria been suggested?

It's an Australian as well as a Scandinavian name ... and it would be very nice to acknowledge Frederik's close friend and Crown Princess colleague ...
Old 12-10-2010, 02:56 AM
Courtier

I think if girls the twins will have royal names with an Australian flavour...like:

Matilda, Adelaide, Victoria, Dorothea - any combination of these...
Old 12-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
So stupid...i just read an online article about how Mary's twins will arrive before Christmas, but that is not the stupid part...some goose replied in the comments about how Frederik and Christian are the only allowable names of boys in the Danish royal family and if it's twin boys, they will have to be called: Frederik and Christian...Ummm, I don't think so! Frederik and Christian are the names of Danish kings, but there are a variety of names 'allowed' in the Danish royal family...

I think if it is twin boys, they might have Christian and Frederik as a 4th name, so in event that they have to rule, they would be, for example Thomas Vilhelm Donald Frederik, styled as King Frederik the whatever...or the other twin could be William Aage Oscar Christian, style as King Christian...and even though Christian will be his older brother's first name, I think it will be reused as a middle name, just because of the larger picture of Danish lineage and tradition...
I read that article too. Sometimes journalists should do their job a little bit better

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:12 AM
Courtier

If that argument that only Frederik and Christian are only to be used...Why does Frederik have a brother called Joachim? And why would Mary and Frederik name two or both of their sons 'Christian'...really?
Old 12-10-2010, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotearoagal View Post
has Victoria been suggested?
Victoria would be a lovely name also considering how close Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden & Frederik are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing
If that argument that only Frederik and Christian are only to be used...Why does Frederik have a brother called Joachim? And why would Mary and Frederik name two or both of their sons 'Christian'...really?
Tabloids do write nonsense to sell or some don't even bother to do their research
Old 12-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Gentry

Name suggestions:

Girls: Louise, Josephine, Margrethe, Victoria, Sofie

Boys: William, Alexander, Valdemar
Old 12-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Serene Highness

Well, it is a tradition in DK to name the sons in the line either Christian or Frederik. The first born will (of course) have the next king-in-line name and the spare(s) will have either Christian or Frederik. That´s the reason for both Joachim, Nikolai and Felix have either Christian or Frederik in their names.

Until Prince Christian was born, then it was Joachim and his sons who was next in line after CP Frederik.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Nobility

Girls
Lila
Fiona
Susanne

Boys
Benjamin
Gregory
James
Old 12-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

I have a strange feeling that the names will be French-ish :)

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Nobility

I'm not into Danish names, so maybe I'll sugest names that are not common in Denmark, but as I think that the twins will be two boys, I would like them to be named Andre and Alexander, or maybe Johan, Peter, Lukas or August.
And if there will be one or two girls, I think they could choose different names, like Antonia, Camilla, Susanna, Renata, Harriet or Julia. And put Christian, Frederik, Mary and Joachim as middle names.
For grandparents, I think they will choose someone from the Greek Royal Family, since Pavlos and Alexia are godparent of Christian and Isabella. Probably Nikolaos will be chosen. And since they always choose some Crown Prince or Princess, I would love to see Maxima as grandmother and Guillaume as godparent.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Royal Highness

Apropos.... its been a while since I visited this forum.

I was quite "shocked" to see the royal bump on CP Mary at GREMB. When is she to give birth, and how's her bealth?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post

Right, that rule only applies to the heir. So Christian's son, when he eventually has one, will be Frederik.
The twins could be given any names, but judging by the choice of Isabella (which surprised many people) the parents will choose names that are not widely known but have been used in the past and are technically traditional.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Right, that rule only applies to the heir. So Christian's son, when he eventually has one, will be Frederik.
If it's only for the heir, it is non-neccesarily true that Christians son, if he has a daughter first, will be named Frederik.
When it comes to a daughter as an heir, there aren't any two names that are traditionally used.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
[...] but have been used in the past and are technically traditional.
I think so, too. Traditional, but more modern. I don't think they will use traditional Danish names as first name.
But we'll see It's just too long to wait until the baptism.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 12-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If it's only for the heir, it is non-neccesarily true that Christians son, if he has a daughter first, will be named Frederik.
When it comes to a daughter as an heir, there aren't any two names that are traditionally used.

You're right, I should have said that assuming Christian's first-born child is a son, his name will be Frederik.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does Denmark have equal primogeniture or is it merely "daughters inherit if there are no sons"? Because if it's the latter, if Christian has a daughter as his first-born, if his next child is a son, that son would inherit the throne and thus be named Frederik.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Does Denmark have equal primogeniture or is it merely "daughters inherit if there are no sons"? Because if it's the latter, if Christian has a daughter as his first-born, if his next child is a son, that son would inherit the throne and thus be named Frederik.
Denmark has equal primogenture as of this year.