Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine Middleton lol what a start to Royal Events! o and Their son Prince Emamnual Franz Wolfgang Valdermar

Godparents:
Patricia Bailey
Amber Petty
Prince Daniel of Sweden
Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium
Prince Gustav of Syan-Wittgenstein-Barleburg

Boy:
Georg William Frederik Alexander

Girl:
Mathilde Lovisa Thyra Mary

Since Mathilde is already the godmother of Isabelle, I don't think she will be chosen.

Does someone have lists of popular Australian names?
Most Popular Names Australia 2009
1 William Isabella
2 Jack Chloe
3 Lachlan Charlotte
4 Cooper Olivia
5 Joshua Mia
6 Thomas Emily
7 Oliver ©
8 Noah Sophie
9 Ethan Sienna
10 Riley Amelia
11 James Ruby
12 Lucas Ava
13 Samuel Lily
14 Benjamin Grace
15 Daniel Jessica
16 Liam Matilda
17 Max Zoe
18 Alexander Hannah
19 Ryan Emma
20 Jacob Sarah
21 Isaac Jasmine
23 Jayden Zara
25 Tyler Sophia
26 Luke Chelsea
27 Harry Isabelle
28 Nicholas Eva
30 Oscar Holly

I could Charlotte, Matilda and maybe Julia and Oscar and a danish form of Thomas

From this list I ike

Boys
1 Noah
2 Lucas
3 Samuel

Girls
1 Emma
2 Olivia
3 Sienna

I still hope for a little Daisy :) But probably highly unlikely.

I think the first names will be modern, maybe French-ish names, which can be pronounced in English too.
I think that the middle names will be more traditional royal danish names, other royal-ish names & names after relatives.

For first names I like Amélie/Amelia/Amalia, Jacqueline, Josephine/Josefine, Helene, Gabrielle/Gabriella, Mathilda/Matilda/Mathilde, Frederika/Frederikke, Sofia/Sophia/Sophie/Sofie, Adele or Caroline/Carolina for the baby girl & William, Michael, Joseph, Andreas/Andre, Benjamin, Theodore/Theodor or Maximillian for the baby boy.

They will definitely use the MATILDA spelling if they choose to use that name...It is the one associated with 'Australia' as in, Waltzin' Matilda...and they would desire differentiation from Princess Mathilde of Belgium...And although Mathilde is the spelling most associated with Denmark/Europe, the couple are known to throw in curve balls with their naming...For example, including John in Christian's name and the French Henri also...and using Isabella as a first name when people were expecting old fashioned Danish names to be used...So basically, expect the unexpected ;)

Last edited:
They will definitely use the MATILDA spelling if they choose to use that name...It is the one associated with 'Australia' as in, Waltzin' Matilda...and they would desire differentiation from Princess Mathilde of Belgium...And although Mathilde is the spelling most associated with Denmark/Europe, the couple are know to throw in curve balls with their naming...For example, including John in Christian's name and the French Henri also...and using Isabella as a first name when people were expecting old fashioned Danish names to be used...So basically, expect the unexpected ;)

Sounds about right, but never say never ;)
Matilda is the most common way to use the name in Australia (right?) & Mathilde is the most common way to use the name in Denmark, if you mix them, you have Mathilda. But I'm too believing in the 'Matilda' way of spelling it if they choose that name.

Matilda is the most common spelling of the name used in Finland too. My great-great-grandmother was Matilda. I don't know which spelling is more common in other Nordic countries though.

Does anyone else here tend to think of name pairs that match? I've never thought that twins should have similar names yet here I am thinking of names like Vilhelm & Victoria, Magnus & Matilda, Josephine & Johan etc. :lol:

I see them, Mary will not want her children to share the spotlight with anyone, staying away from names of other royal children. So I don't see Amalia (Nehterlands), Sofia (Spain), Ingrid or Magnus (Norway), as first names.

now knowing twin one of each I like
Mathilda Adelaide Thyra Patricia: Mathilda and Adelaide as Danish links to Australia,Thyra from Danish royal tree, Patricia for maternal aunt as Jane was already a godmother

and

Johan Cristoffer Joachim Friedrick- Johan as the Danish of John for Grandpa and Uncle, Cristoffer from royal tree, Joachim for paternal Uncle, Friedrick for dad

As Frederik said we can start by calling the boy Elvis for now ... :D

Fred is such a jokester! :lol: Personally, I wouldn't mind the little prince having that name somewhere in his name, because I always considered Elvis a very talented man with a beautiful singing voice. It would be certainly nice to hope, that the little prince would have such a great voice too, when he grows up.

That being said, I hope for a Prince Erik and a Princess Matilda with Mary's remaining siblings, P Daniel, P Marie, CP Philippe, CP Willem Alexander, P Nikolaos and P Tatiana as Godparents. :flowers:

Potential Godparents:

Princess Marie of Denmark
Prince Daniel of Sweden
Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands
Prince Nikolaos of Greece Denmark
Patricia Bailey (Mary's sister)
John Donaldson (Mary's brother)

Potential Names:

First Names: Erik, Lucas, Mathias, Noah

Middle Names: Frederik, Joachim, Mikkel

First Names: Matilda, Katrine, Andrea, Claire

Middle Names: Jane, Patricia, Marie

Does anyone else here tend to think of name pairs that match? I've never thought that twins should have similar names yet here I am thinking of names like Vilhelm & Victoria, Magnus & Matilda, Josephine & Johan etc. :lol:
I was wondering about that too - it does sound possible, doesn't it?

Axel Joachim Carl Frederik

Astrid Benedikte Jane Elizabeth

Carl was one of King Frederik IX's middle names. And all the royal boys usually have either Frederik or Christian in their names.

Astrid is a middle name of princess Benedikte. And since Mary is close to Jane, it would be a nice touch to give the baby girl Jane's name as well IMO.

Matilda is the most common spelling of the name used in Finland too. My great-great-grandmother was Matilda. I don't know which spelling is more common in other Nordic countries though.

Here in Norway "Mathilde" (with an h, and ending with an -e) is most used.

But at the same time "Matilda" (without an h) is more common than "Mathilda" (with an h).

For godparents I can see the twins having two royal godparents each so:

Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander
Princess Marie and Prince Daniel.

Also a two family members each so:

Patrcia Bailey
John Donaldson Jnr
Prince Nikolaus
Alexandra Countess of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth

And two friends of the couple each. I don't really know the friends of the couple but perhaps:

Caroline Heering
Caroline Brockdorff
Elisabeth Buchwald

Godparents:
Princess Maxima
Princess Marie
Prince Daniel
Prince Nikolaus
Prince Gustav
Patricia Bailey
John Donaldson Jr.
And then I'm thinking, could there be any chance that Susan Donaldson would be a godparent?
Mrs. Reedtz-Totz (can't remember her name really)
Princess Alexandra
Caroline Heering
Mr. Mihn-Dokey
Elisabeth Buchwald
Birgitte Handwerk

Considering that Christian had eight godparents and Isabella six, I think the twins will have six godparents each, too :)

They should ask a Danish citizen to be one godparent. Of course select by the household. I think they should, since the Danes are paying their living :cool:

They should ask a Danish citizen to be one godparent. Of course select by the household. I think they should, since the Danes are paying their living :cool:
No, they shouldn´t. They should ask their family and friends, just like any other danish family do.

Christian and Isabella both have Danish citizens as godparents.

Christian has Hr. Jeppe Handwerk as a godfather, and Isabella has Overlæge, dr.med. Christian Buchwald, Direktør, major Peter Heering and Hofjægermesterinde Marie Louise Skeel as godparents :p

Christian has Hr. Jeppe Handwerk as a godfather, and Isabella has Overlæge, dr.med. Christian Buchwald, Direktør, major Peter Heering and Hofjægermesterinde Marie Louise Skeel as godparents :p
That´s a good one, Sternchen. I didn´t even think of that :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Is Prince Joachim a godparent to either child? Is he not a Danish citizen?

Joachim is a godfather to Christian :) But I didn't name him, as he is one of those who should take Danish Citizens as godparents, too, according to Fürstin Taxis, as he is payed by the state, too :)

Is Prince Joachim a godparent to either child? Is he not a Danish citizen?
Prince Joachim is godparent to Prince Christian :flowers:

I just jumped to the conclusion that Fürstin Taxis by danish citizens meant common people like myself :)

But aren't Jeppe Handwerk, Christian Buchwald, Peter Heering and Marie Louise Skeel common people ;)

Here in Norway "Mathilde" (with an h, and ending with an -e) is most used.

But at the same time "Matilda" (without an h) is more common than "Mathilda" (with an h).
But Mathilde and Mat(h)ilda are pronounced differently, aren't they?

Mathilde in Danish: Aussprache von Mathilde: Wie man Mathilde auf Französisch, Dänisch ausspricht
Matilda in Swedish (same pronounciation as Danish???) Aussprache von Matilda: Wie man Matilda auf Portugiesisch, Finnisch, Englisch, Schwedisch, Kroatisch, Rumänisch ausspricht

(At least they would be pronounced differently in German. In Germany Mathilde is the traditional way - i had a great-aunt, born about 1900, called Marie Mathilde. Mathilda and Matilda is quite fashionable at the moment in Germany, especially Hamburg. I believe it became known through the film "Matilda")

Wonderful for pointing that out. ;):flowers:

Whatever the children are named, all I hope is that they won't be named like some of the examples in this article:

Jack or Jaxxon | Baby Names | Pregnancy

Luckily Mary and Frederik have already proven that they choose classical and stylish names. Can you imagine if there were Prince Jaxxon Breeze Shiraz Armani Maffew and Princess Feebee D'Lilah Canduss Sierra-Leonie Antwonet... :eek: :lol:

two articles about naming the twins:
Emma, Valdemar, Lærke, Robert, Astrid, Elvis: Forsker: Det bliver ikke Elvis og Lærke - Danmark - BT.dk
Astrid and Valdemar ;) Forsker: En Astrid eller en Valdemar - Danmark - BT.dk

Nothing in this articles which i really liked :ohmy:, besides William.
Emma is nice, but not regal enough.
Astrid is fine as a middle name, but there is an evil joke with "Arschtritt" in German ("Arschtritt" sounding very much like "Astrid" in German, "Arsch" means "arse" and "tritt" means "kick" (with foot))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom