Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Godparents: Princess Marie of Denmark, Princess Nathalie of SWB, Princess Máxima of the Netherlands, Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, Prince Daniel of Sweden, Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden, Jane Donaldson and John Donaldson. For me they are all possible candidates

I think P.Marie will be one of the godparents for sure. others, really I don't know, but it'd be nice if the newlywed P.Daniel will be godfather of a royal baby, as future Prince Consort (if I'm not wrong CP Victoria is Christian godmother).

Names for Boys:
Frederik, Michael, Alexander, Georg,
so difficult...DRF has such a little range of male names...

Names for Girls:
Mathilda, Emma, Sofie, Marie/Mary, Margarethe, Elizabeth, Frederikke

Christian as heir had 5 royal godparents, Isabella only had 2.
If the twins are sharing godparents, I would imagine they would have 4 maybe 5 royal godparents.

I was completely shocked to see the word 'twins' on the announcement...that is until I thought of Mary's age. She's 37 - a little bit older than most moms-to-be anymore, so twins aren't too surprising when you think about it.

Anyway, names....hhmmm...I'm almost 100% certain the twins will be fraternal.

Boys:
Erik Axel Frederick William
Georg Alexander Daniel Oscar

Girls:
Catharina Marie Renée Victoria
Elina Elisabeth Lovisa Mary

The godparents would likely include one or more of the following: Prince Joachim, Princess Marie, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, the Duke of Brabant, Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece, a non-royal family friend or two, Queen Margrethe and John Stewart Donaldson.

Actually Isabella has six godparents: The Duchess of Brabant, Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark, Nadine Johnston, Christian Buchwald, Peter Heering and Marie Louise Skee

How about Jochiam for a boy and Victoria for a girl?

Too many choices! Let's see:

Name for Girls:

1.) Elizabeth
2.) Margrethe
3.) Ingrid
4.) Marianne (they already have an Anne Marie in the family)

Name for Boys:
1.) Frederik
2.) Johan (John)
3.) Carl
5.) Peter

Godparents:

1.) One of the Berleburg cousins
2.) Crown Princess Maxima
3.) Princess Marie
4.) Prince Daniel
5.) Prince Nicholoas
6.) one or two of the Danish friends
7.) Dark horse: Amber Petty

I'm editing myself:

Girls Names -- additions:

1.) Sophia
2.) Charlotte

Godparents:

1.) Princess Madeleine
2.) CP Mary's sister, Patricia
3.) CP Mary's brother, John

If you are commenting on my post, I said Isabella had two royal godparents, Christian has 5.

ahh, okay, I misread. Sorry. You're right. I guess it makes since, being that Christian is the heir; I'm pretty sure if it'd been the other way around, say if Isabella had been born first, she would've been the one with 5 royal godparents, and Christian, 2.

I am not sure why people think that Daniel should be a godparent other than it would seem nice since he is a new royal.

From the start, it looks like Frederik and Mary have picked people who are personal friends and/or families. And in the case of Christian, those who have the personal connection as well as those who might guide Christian in his future role.

How does Daniel figure into that? For all we know they have met Daniel as least two or three times officially (at QM 70'th birthday and the wedding activities). Of course they could have met in private that is certainly possible. But enough to become a godfather?

Boys : William Knud Frederick Peter and Maximilian Axel Frederick Peter.
Girls : Sophia Renée Thyra Mary and Helene Renée Dagmar Mary.
Godparents : Princess Marie and Prince Daniel.

Crown Princess Victoria is already godmother to Christian, Daniel is a maybe.
Mary had three siblings, John, Jane and Patricia. Patricia is godmother to Christian.

Sorry,
Jane Stevenson is the oldest sister of Mary and Jane is Christians godmother.

Stephens, and I was just going on the information from Wiki, i've altered the information on wiki now.

Since I'm hoping for at least one girl I would like the name "Marie", maybe as one her middle names. Mary's second name "Elizabeth" could also be a part of it. Not sure for the first name. But we have to wait anyway ;)

I am not sure why people think that Daniel should be a godparent other than it would seem nice since he is a new royal.

From the start, it looks like Frederik and Mary have picked people who are personal friends and/or families. And in the case of Christian, those who have the personal connection as well as those who might guide Christian in his future role.

How does Daniel figure into that? For all we know they have met Daniel as least two or three times officially (at QM 70'th birthday and the wedding activities). Of course they could have met in private that is certainly possible. But enough to become a godfather?

I guess you could say the same about the Duchess of Brabant, P Mathilde of Belgium, and she was chosen as Isabella's godmother anyway. And I think Mary and Frederik are very close to Daniel trought Victoria, even before the wedding (Daniel attended Frederik bday party when he turned 40, and he wasn't officially engaged).

When Victoria and Daniel got engaged, Frederik had said, that this must be true love and that him and his wife became friends with Daniel over the years.
At Margrethe´s birthday in April Victoria and Daniel were staying at Kancellihuset. He was in 2008 guest to Frederik´s private birthday party.
And AFAIK they were also spending time with each other, when no duties were connecting them (playing golf, skiing together etc.)

Further all 3 scandinavian heirs seem to set focus on their bonds. And since Victoria, Frederik and Mette Marit are already godparents to one of their children, he is a bit of an obvious choice IMO.

My guess is on two girls. But fraternal, even if it would be cuter if they were not. But given Marys age it's more likely she'll have fraternal twins.

Names:

Charlotte
Ingeborg (Ingrid would have been a possibility if there wouldn't be an Ingrid in Norway already. That's why I choose Ingeborg. But maybe just as a middle-name. Or they'll choose Ingrid as a middle-name regardless of the norwegian Ingrid? Could be possible, too)
Elisabeth
Carolina
Sophia
Amalia
Dagmar
Emma
Josephine
Jane
Patricia

My bet on the first names are Charlotte and Josephine. The others would be middle-names.

If my guess is wrong and there will be at least one boy, my guess is:

Magnus
Knud
Philip
Maximilian

I think Daniel is a real big possibility, seeing as he's the husband of the woman who Frederik thinks of as a sister in some ways. The Scandinavian royals are very close, especially Haakon, Frederik and Victoria. They're doing a lot of official things together. And I'm pretty sure, Haakon, Mette-Marit, Frederik and Mary already knew Daniel for a long time before the marriage/engagement. And we're not talking about an heir here. So it could very well be Daniel among the godparents of one twin. I think it's more likely than Madeleine or Carl-Philip.

Other godparents may be Marie and Joachim. Or one (or more) of Marys siblings. Or Maybe Märtha of Norway? One of Willem-Alexanders brothers? Could be. I mean, the twins are not that high ranked than Christian, so they could have godparents of other royal houses who are not that high ranked either. Or Mary and Frederik choose some non-royal friend. Could be, too.

I guess you could say the same about the Duchess of Brabant, P Mathilde of Belgium, and she was chosen as Isabella's godmother anyway. And I think Mary and Frederik are very close to Daniel trought Victoria, even before the wedding (Daniel attended Frederik bday party when he turned 40, and he wasn't officially engaged).

I believe Mathilde does have a relationship with Mary, and I was unaware that Daniel came to Frederik's birthday. But I still think there are other candidates besides Daniel. But thank you.:flowers:

KitKat2006 - And Joachim is already the godfather of Christian, so I doubt that he will be godfather to another child of Frederik and Mary.

KitKat2006 - And Joachim is already the godfather of Christian, so I doubt that he will be godfather to another child of Frederik and Mary.

I didn't know that. But you're right. He wouldn't be if he's already godfather of Christian. But maybe because of this fact they choose Marie now. So she's got a godchild, too. I'd like that.

I don't really think they would name a boy Magnus, as there is Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway, who is called Magnus by his family. The Danish Royals and Norwegian Royals are related through Frederik VIII.

Anton Frederik Hans Ulrich
Knud Franz Albert Otto
Hubertus or Olle
Edvard Oluf Anton Holger
Ingeborg or Otto
Hans Frederik Georg Alexander
Barnabas Frederik Carl Gustav and Emil Johann Edvard Mauritz

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd guess that they might use popular names that were not in use in the royal family before and family middle names.

Girls:
Olivia
Emma
Anna
Caroline
Mathilde
Sofie
Amalie

Boys:
William
Lucas
Sebastian
Oliver
Tobias
Marcus
Andreas
Jonas
Alexander

Since the mother is Australian, I doubt her taste will be overly Nordic. I've noticed that a lot of sisters of Isabella are named either Olivia or Sophia, so that is my very best guess. If they're both girls, Princesses Olivia and Sofie, followed by suitably Nordic middle names: Alexandrine, Thyra, Lovisa/Luise, Astrid, Dagmar. If both boys, the middle names would probably include Carl, Valdemar, Albert, Knud.

I am hoping for one of each so I only have one boy name and one girl name

Boy:
Eric Alexander Michael

Girl:
Josephine Ella Marie

As for Godparents! I can't decide on who to put down there are so many choices

Ok, let's see:
1 ) two girls: Margaret ( to be traditional and to make Granny-Queen happy ) and Charlotte ( because i don't think there's none in the danish royal family )
2 ) two boys: Alexander and Edward ( theses are really regal names, i think )
3 ) a boy and a girl: Alexander and Charlotte
As for godparents: Felipe and Letizia for one of the babies and Wilhelm-Alexander ?and Maxima for the other. :baby: :baby: :baby:
Felipe and Letizia are catholic,isn't that a problem?I mean being catholic and
a godfather/mother of a prince/ss that is baptized in protestant church?

my suggestions are;
1-two girls;Margrethe and charlotte,just like you suggested,both names together realy sound musical:whistling: , maybe Ingred,and it would be realy nice if they called them Margrethe "Freds mother" and Henrietta"Marys mother":D.
2-two boys: John and Knud.
3-a boy and a girl: John''the danish version" and Margrethe.

I'm 100% sure that if one of the twins a girl then it will be "Margrethe".

Felipe and Letizia are catholic,isn't that a problem?I mean being catholic and
a godfather/mother of a prince/ss that is baptized in protestant church?

No, I don't believe it's a problem for a Catholic to act as godparent in a Protestant church. An earlier post said that CP Mathilde is Isabella's godmother and I believe that Mathilde is Catholic. Being Catholic I know that the opposite is somewhat true -- at least one godparent in a Catholic baptism must be Catholic. That being said, I would be surprised if Felipe or Letizia were asked to be godparents as I don't think that in recent years the two couples are very close. But, then again, I'm not really in a position to know!

List of Royal Danish Names

Here is a list of names (since 1448) of princes and princesses of Denmark. Mary and Fred don't seem all that modern with names, but I do doubt that they'll go with Gorm or Agnes. The Danes are more creative with girl names than with boys as well, since most royal princes are either "Frederik" or "Christian".

Girls:
Adelaide
Agnes
Alexandra
Alexandrine

Alice
Amalia/Amalie

Anna/Anne
Augusta/Auguste
Caroline
Catherine

Charlotte
Christiane/Christina/Christine
Dagmar
Dorothea
Eleonora/Eleonore/Leonora
Elisabeth/Elizabeth/Isabella
Ernestina
Eudoxia
Feodora
Francoise
Frederica/Frederika/Frederikke

Hedwig
Helena/Elena
Ingeborg

Ingrid
Johanne/Johanna

Juliana/Juliane
Louise
Magdalen/Magdalene

Margaretha/Margrethe/Margaret
Mariane

Marie/Marie/Maria
Mathilde/Matilda

Maud
Sabine

Sibylle
Sofie/Sophia/Sophie
Thyra
Ulrike
Wilhelmina/Vilhelmine

Boys:
Aage
Adolf
Albrecht
Alexander
Axel
Bernhard
Charles/Carl
Christian
Erik
Ernst
Felix
Ferdinand
Flemming
Francis
Frederik/Friedrich
George
Gorm
Gustav
Harald
Ingolf
Joachim
John/Hans
Knut/Knud
Magnus
Maximillian
Nikolai
Olaf/Oluf
Philip/Philipp
Ulrik
Valdemar
Viggo
William/Vilhelm

My predictions/suggestions:
Sophie Thyra Alexandrine Marie
Charlotte Juliana Frederika Dagmar
Erik William Gustav Axel
Valdemar Philip Frederik Ulrik

I think that it's likely that Mary and Frederik will surprise everyone with the newborns' names, as they did with 'Isabella'.

The one name which I'm confident that she won't use is 'Dagmar'. It's a pretty European name but it is has ugly connotations in Australian slang of which Mary would be aware.

I wondered, too, why neither of Mary's other siblings were named as a godparent for Isabella, given that Jane was one of Christian's.

Perhaps the following as godparents;

Both Mary's siblings Patricia and John; Princess Marie; one of Benedikte's children; one of the Dohky couple; Amber Petty (although a rank outsider); Prince Daniel and 2 or 3 other friends. As for names I hope Desiree, Louise and Carl, Alexander feature somewhere in between.

I think they will stay clear of the traditional danish names, Dagmar, Thyra, Axel things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom