Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several people have mentioned the Crown Princess of Sweden as a potential godparent.
Is that a possibility?
I thought that since she is already godmother to Prince Christian, she couldn't serve as godmother to one of his siblings?

Why shouldn't it be possible? My mother is godmother of her youngest brother AND of the youngest son of said brother.

She can serve as godmother for all the siblings that the CPC wants her to :)

But it´s unsual to use the same again and again - even in "normal" danish families. You always try to share the honour with so many familiy member/friends as possible :)

FasterB said:
No, they don´t have a surname, but in the case of the three princesses, Ingrid and Frederik used "Ingrid" as a sort for surname. To bind the three princesses together to show who they are daugthers of.

I am confused.... So her name is Ingrid Ingrid?

Yes Mette Marit is a godmother of Christian.

I suppose there is no real reason why she couldn't be a godmother to one of the twins.

I would imagine, however, that the twins would get their own godparents that are not associated with their siblings.

No, just all her daughters have Ingrid as the last name of their middle names. Her full name was Ingrid Victoria Sofia Louise Margareta.

Last edited:
No, QMII is named: Margrethe Alexandrine Þorhildur Ingrid
Her sisters name are: Benedikte Astrid Ingeborg Ingrid and Anne-Marie Dagmar Ingrid.

You get the idea of using Ingrid as the last name (just like a surname, except it isn´t a surname).

Benedikte did the same with her daugthers: Alexandra Rosemarie Ingrid Benedikte and Nathalie Xenia Margareta Benedikte.

I don´t know if Anne-Marie did the same with her daugthers, but I don´t think so.

Oh thank you! I was confused :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don´t know if Anne-Marie did the same with her daugthers, but I don´t think so.

No she didn't. They're Greek anyway, so they only have one name to begin with.

By the way, thanks for clearing that up with the names. It's so confusing sometimes!

Do you think the twins will have the same godparents or will they have separate godparents?

as for victoria and daniel, i can definitely see one of them being godparent!
but the goparents are known in advance or it is like the names, known during the christening itself?

Victoria is a godmother to Christian :)

Usually the websites Kongehuset and D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - D.K.H. Kronprinsparrets hjemmeside are updated shortly before and during the christening, so then it will be sure, but before the other two christenings, the godparents were already published by the press, but not officially on the websites of the DRF :)

I could imagine William, actually the name of one of Mary's great grandfather.

Mathilde/Mathilde - both a royal name, works in several languages, very popular in Denmark, and a great honor to the national anthem of Australia, Waltzing Mathilda. :)
Magnus - just imagine, Magnus and Mathilde, maybe a bit too matchy matchy. ;)

Is there a Danish version for "Mary"?

Maria was a very popular name in 1970'erne, 1980'erne og 1990'erne. Marie with an e was very popular in the first half of 1900.

Mary has also been used to danish girls. The older generation will pronounce it in a danish way but most pronounce Mary in the english way.

The english Mary would in french be Marie - but IMO Mary and Marie are 2 different names in Denmark.

I would love it if they used Thorhildur as a name for a princess...Princess Thorhildur, nickname Princess Hilda...Bella and Hilda are such cute sister names ;)

I would love it if they used Thorhildur as a name for a princess...Princess Thorhildur, nickname Princess Hilda...Bella and Hilda are such cute sister names ;)
I don´t think they will use Hilda as a nickname. It´s too young for an old name to be recycled... Hmm, I hope you get the meaning of what I´m trying to say :flowers:

letizia have good relation of Mary?????(godparents I'm thinking Letizia of Spain, )i don't think that

Name guesses:

For the princess:
Mathilde/Mathilda (I'm pretty sure of this one)
Caroline
Sophia
Louise/Louisa
Sarah
Freya/Freja
Emma
Laura
Liva
Liora

For the prince:
Magnus
William
Noah
Oscar
Oliver

Funny thing, Anne-mette Krakou suggests Mathilda and William. That would be my best guess as well, has been for the past days.

I would sincerely LOVE it if the prince was to have Elvis as one of his middlenames.

I'm gonna add Jacob and Amalie/a/Amelia/e

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Prince Sebastian and Princess Sofie

No clue on god parents!

I'll go with Prince Erik and Princess Matilda.

Erik Knud Peter Frederik and Matilda Dagmar Alexandrine Mary.

As for Godparents, I suggest Prince Daniel of Sweden, Princess Marie of Denmark, Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Princess Tatiana of Greece.

I'll go with Prince Erik and Princess Matilda.

Erik Knud Peter Frederik and Matilda Dagmar Alexandrine Mary.

As for Godparents, I suggest Prince Daniel of Sweden, Princess Marie of Denmark, Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Princess Tatiana of Greece.

As Frederik said we can start by calling the boy Elvis for now ... :D

Perhaps CP Mary would like to honor her beloved late mother Henrietta.

Sophie Elizabeth Margrethe Victoria
William Frederik Andre Peter

I stay with my previous guess.
But i also like Mathilde Louise Mary Henrietta a lot.

I think we can rule out following names (nieces etc.):
Alexander, Erin, Kate, Michael, Madisson, Molly, Sherree, Michelle, Nikolai, Felix, Henrik, Friedrich, Ingrid, Konstantin

For a boy "Frederik" as a middle name is sure - i believe.

Last edited:
Perhaps for the little prince

Frederick Aaron Marius Erik

The Aaron in honour of being born on the birthday of the King of Rock & Roll!

My suggestions of name for the little princess:Ingrid,Alexandra,Margaret(as well is a Scottish Saint Queen),Elizabeth,Victoria,Catherine,Silvia,Helen,Anna,Madeleine,Sophie,Gabriella,Tatiana,Alice,Dagmar
My suggestions for boy:Henry,Gustav,Alexander,Albert,Thomas

The names of the royal family

Dronning Margrethe: Margrethe Alexandrine Þorhildur Ingrid ,

Prinsegemalen: Henri Marie Jean André

Kronprins Frederik: Frederik André Henrik Christian,

Kronprinsessen: Mary Elizabeth

Prins Christian: Christian Valdemar Henri John

Prinsesse Isabella: Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom