Royal Highness

I am all for Frederikke - it is a lovely name

Old 10-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Wouldn't it be Frederika?

Old 10-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Courtier

I thought the Scandinavian/European method of feminising names or just the general ending of names was the -e which is pronounced -ah....like Mathilde, Benedikte, Anneke, Marthe, etc...hence the Frederikke...I am not sure, not an expert in this things...But I would love a set of Christian, Isabella, Marius and Frederikke...

Marius Aage Vilhelm Henrik
Frederikke Dagmar Patricia Jane
Old 10-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've never seen it spelt Frederikke, just Frederika or Frederica.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Courtier

Found this:
Frederikke on BabyNamer

Few famous Danish Frederikke's:
File:Miniature of Princess Frederikke of Denmark.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
Frederikke Federspiel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just google 'Frederikke' you'll find a few more, non-famous ones but that said, I don't think they'll use, just having a bit of fun with it!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:21 AM
Royal Highness

It is definitely spelled Frederikke in Danish - not Frederika or other variations. The name is in active use today and there has been former Danish queens and princesses with this name, e.g. queen Marie Sophie Frederikke, married to Frederik VI, and crown princess Charlotte Frederikke, mother of king Frederik VII.

Frederikke would be eminently suitable for a little princess - a really nice name.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Aristocracy

Hopefully they use this time something more traditional athough I'm pretty sure that many people hope they don't do it...

But maybe I'm just too traditional people or maybe I just like Danish and Scandinavian names just too much

But can't deny hope to see something like Dagmar, Ulrika, Holger, Hans, Sven, Harald, Ingeborg, Sophie

Don't kill me for these traditional names please...

Old 10-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Royal Highness

No reason to, they are fine names Agnessa
I do think though that Ulrika would be Ulrikke in Danish if they chose that name.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Aristocracy

Oh yes, I forgot that in Denmark there are these kind of names usually ending with e...

Ulrika is usually in Estonian, but in Danish yes Ulrikke

Old 10-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Frederikke is a good suggestion. There's a lot of Danish Queen's that has been named Frederikke (mostly middle names, but ... yeah), Charlotte Frederikke (First wife to Christian 8.) & Marie Sophie Frederikke Dagmar, also known as Princess Dagmar & the Dowager Empress of Russia (married to Alexander 3.). So definitely a very good possibilty.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Courtier

I have no idea where they will go with these babies...So many good names and only 8 spots to fill, 4 names per child...

I think they would like something like:
Charlotte Frederikke Dagmar Jane
Sophie Thyra Ingeborg Patricia (or Matilda Ingeborg Thyra Patricia)
(for 2 girls) I think they like popular names that have also been used for royals

Boys maybe:
Oscar Marius Johannes Frederik
Harald Aage Vilhelm Christian

And they might use Charlotte and Oscar for girl/boy twin...both popular at the moment with 'real' people and also royal names, which is handy...the only way they won't use Charlotte is if they don't want 2 C names (Christian and Charlotte), then I go for Matilda and Sophie or Amelia and Matilda...
Old 11-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Aristocracy

It's so interesting to see what everyone thinks the twins will be named.
I am absolutely rubbish at this type of thing but I think it would be nice if maybe some of Mary's Scottish heritage came through (not biased at all, being Scottish myself ).
In Scotland, and maybe elsewhere, it is quite common for a middle name to be the mother's maiden name or another family surname so maybe, instead of Donaldson though, Donald could be used. Also, not sure how accurate Wikipedia is, but when you look at Mary's ancestry this seems to have happened a couple of times in her own family.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Royal Highness

Lizy, that would be a nice touch, reflecting the Donaldson's scotch heritage.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Courtier

I am getting the feeling if one of the twins is a girl, they will definitely use Matilda...it is very Australian by association (Waltzin' Matilda) while at the same time being very European royalty and it is at the moment very popular with the Aussie celebs and Aussies in general...

Princess Matilda sounds awesome too...Matilda Dagmar Olympia Jane
(Olympia to represent where M&F met in 2000 and Jane after Mary's eldest sister)

For boys I am thinking Oscar, because that is popular at the moment with 'normal' people and it does have royal connections (King Oscar of Norway, love his sardines ) Prince Oscar is so cool...

Oscar Aage Donald Frederik

HURRY UP BABIES!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Nobility

Godparents:
-Prince Daniel of Sweden
-John Stuart Donaldson
-Prince Nikolaos of Greece
-Princess Elena of Spain
-Amber
-Princess Martha Louise of Norway

Girls' Names:
Caroline
Charlotte
Marie/Mary
Louise
Elisabeth
Ingrid
Sophia
Mathilde
Anne-Marie
Agathe
Odile
Patricia
Jane
Dagmar
Helene
Alexandra

Boys' Names:
Erik
Oscar
Frederick
Andre/Anders
Joachim
Johan
Hans
Stuart
Wilhelm
Carl
Axel
Alexander
Filip
Georg
Gustaf
Old 11-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I had been thinking about Donaldson as a middle name?

Prince Oscar Donaldson Axel Frederik?
Old 11-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Commoner

Maybe some Australian names:
Prince Bruce
Princess Kylie

Old 11-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Courtier

Bruce and Kylie would be a tragedy and a waste!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Nobility

I say they'll go for Mary & Frederik (Frederikke if two girls). If we're looking at two boys, I think they'll go for Eric for Boy # 2.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordKro View Post
Maybe some Australian names:
Prince Bruce
Princess Kylie

I don't like those names for royalty. Gustaf is a nice boy's name and Dagmar for a girl's middle name but not first name.

Closed Thread