Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Girls
Lila
Fiona
Susanne

Boys
Benjamin
Gregory
James

I'm not into Danish names, so maybe I'll sugest names that are not common in Denmark, but as I think that the twins will be two boys, I would like them to be named Andre and Alexander, or maybe Johan, Peter, Lukas or August.
And if there will be one or two girls, I think they could choose different names, like Antonia, Camilla, Susanna, Renata, Harriet or Julia. And put Christian, Frederik, Mary and Joachim as middle names.
For grandparents, I think they will choose someone from the Greek Royal Family, since Pavlos and Alexia are godparent of Christian and Isabella. Probably Nikolaos will be chosen. And since they always choose some Crown Prince or Princess, I would love to see Maxima as grandmother and Guillaume as godparent.

Apropos.... its been a while since I visited this forum.

I was quite "shocked" to see the royal bump on CP Mary at GREMB. When is she to give birth, and how's her bealth?

If that argument that only Frederik and Christian are only to be used...Why does Frederik have a brother called Joachim? And why would Mary and Frederik name two or both of their sons 'Christian'...really?

Right, that rule only applies to the heir. So Christian's son, when he eventually has one, will be Frederik.
The twins could be given any names, but judging by the choice of Isabella (which surprised many people) the parents will choose names that are not widely known but have been used in the past and are technically traditional.

Right, that rule only applies to the heir. So Christian's son, when he eventually has one, will be Frederik.

If it's only for the heir, it is non-neccesarily true that Christians son, if he has a daughter first, will be named Frederik.
When it comes to a daughter as an heir, there aren't any two names that are traditionally used.

[...] but have been used in the past and are technically traditional.

I think so, too. Traditional, but more modern. I don't think they will use traditional Danish names as first name.
But we'll see :flowers: It's just too long to wait until the baptism.

If it's only for the heir, it is non-neccesarily true that Christians son, if he has a daughter first, will be named Frederik.
When it comes to a daughter as an heir, there aren't any two names that are traditionally used.

You're right, I should have said that assuming Christian's first-born child is a son, his name will be Frederik.

Does Denmark have equal primogeniture or is it merely "daughters inherit if there are no sons"? Because if it's the latter, if Christian has a daughter as his first-born, if his next child is a son, that son would inherit the throne and thus be named Frederik.

Does Denmark have equal primogeniture or is it merely "daughters inherit if there are no sons"? Because if it's the latter, if Christian has a daughter as his first-born, if his next child is a son, that son would inherit the throne and thus be named Frederik.

Denmark has equal primogenture as of this year.

So then no, if Christian has any sons that are not first-born, they won't be named Frederik.

Unless he chooses to name them in honour of his father, which is more than likely.

I don´t think that we can rule the names Frederik/Christian out when it comes to the children of Prince Christian and Princess Isabella :)

Shouldn't we stick to coming up with names for the twins? Christian and Isabella are still little ones yet.

Denmark has equal primogenture as of this year.

I know that's the Politically Correct method, yet in some ways I feel it's a pity as it seems to lead away from the royal families that have been in power for hundreds of years. Old-fashioned thinking, I know.

I know that's the Politically Correct method, yet in some ways I feel it's a pity as it seems to lead away from the royal families that have been in power for hundreds of years. Old-fashioned thinking, I know.

Sorry but i'm confused by what you're trying to say?

I think it is about power going "away" from the original line through the female line.

they may choose:
for girl, mary
for boy, frederik

Last edited:
I think it is about power going "away" from the original line through the female line.

Yes, that's what I was trying to say.
It seems to happen more frequently when the heir is female?
Eventually there's another house in power, or so it appears to me.

If this are December kids, what about names from Saints?

Lucia
Eulalia
Christina
Adam
Thomas

January saints:

Valentin
Paula
Bernhard
Vera

they may choose:
for girl, mary
for boy, frederik

I think that it is highly unlikely that this will happen ;)
But who knows.
Maybe they'll pull a Will Smith/Jada Pinkett & name their children Frederikke & Markus (couldn't think of boys names closer to Mary) :ROFLMAO:

I think that it is highly unlikely that this will happen ;)
But who knows.
Maybe they'll pull a Will Smith/Jada Pinkett & name their children Frederikke & Markus (couldn't think of boys names closer to Mary) :ROFLMAO:
Ohhh -although i do not think this will happen - Marius (male form of Maria and Mary) would be nice. Marian is becoming popular here for boys, but i always think it is a girl's name (like Lady/Maid Marian in Robin Hood)

That would be good, but I would prefer if they did it Will Smith/Jada Pinkett-style (Jaden and Willow)...How about Prince Marius and Princess Frederikke?

Way ahead of you Zelia...suggested this way back in post no. 320? ;)

I thought the Scandinavian/European method of feminising names or just the general ending of names was the -e which is pronounced -ah....like Mathilde, Benedikte, Anneke, Marthe, etc...hence the Frederikke...I am not sure, not an expert in this things...But I would love a set of Christian, Isabella, Marius and Frederikke...

Marius Aage Vilhelm Henrik
Frederikke Dagmar Patricia Jane

Even suggested some combos in post no. 323 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They will most likely go for a more modern and one easy to pronounce in both English and Danish. My Picks:
Girls:
Amelia
Charlotte
Victoria
Annelise
Caroline
Elisabeth( Mary's mn)
Helene/Helena
Henrietta
Ingrid(Even though it is Isabella's mn Fred and henrik both have Christian)
Boys:
Johan
Axel
Casper
Hans
Olaf
Oliver
Oscar
Godparents:
Prince Daniel and Princess Marie are definite in my view. IMO there will be 4 godparents each.

I think that Princess Marie and Prince Daniel will definitely be god parents. and that they will use historical names for the twins. It would be cute for Prince Nikolai to be a godparent, as Crown Prince Frederik is one of his godfathers.

For boys I think:Axel, Carl, Johann, Valdemar, Michael, William, Georg, Andre, Erik

And girls: Dagmar, Alexandrine, Louise, Anne, Caroline, Josephine, Sophie, Thyra, Charlotte, Julia, Ingrid

It would be cute for Prince Nikolai to be a godparent, as Crown Prince Frederik is one of his godfathers.
I don´t think that Prince Nikolai will be a godparent, since he himself hasn´t confirmed his own christening (konfirmation). If he choose to do so it will be around the age of 13-14 years.

I think you will have to look after godparents that have turned at least 18 :)

Hi!

I think that Frederik and Mary will choose traditional, historical, royal, but sill modern names, which (maybe) are popular today in Denmark, just like they did with Isabella.

I think and I hope that they will have 2 girls, there is already many boys and so that Isabella would not be the only girl in the Danish royal family.

Name suggestions:

Alexandra
Alexandrine
Amalie
Amelie
Anastasia
Anna
Astrid
Caroline
Catherine
Cecilie
Charlotte
Clara
Eleonora
Elisabeth
Emilie
Filippa
Fredrikke
Josephine
Laura
Leonora
Louise
Madeleine
Marie
Mary
Mathilde
Nathalie
Sofie
Sophie
Therese
Victoria

I think that

Emilie Alexandrine Caroline Josephine
and
Sophie Elisabeth Cecilie Louise

sounds good.

I think too that Daniel and Marie will be godparents. And I think that the twins will have each 6 godparents, just like Isabella. Some other royal godparents could be Maxima, Willem-Alexander, Philippe, Felipe, Letizia or Frederik's cousins Gustav, Alexandra, Nathalie, Nikolaos or Theodora. It would be nice if Mary's sister Patricia and brother John would be godparents, when Jane is godmother to Christian.

For a girl, I like Dorothea. It's a royal name that you don't hear all the time, like Isabella.
For a boy, I like Axel or Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom