The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
Not so many people, just me I love the name because of it's island feel (Iceland/Greenland/Faroe) and Fred did once say they might use a name from there...And it sounds similar to the popular English name, Oliver...So it might get a look-in...And a name doesn't have to be popular for them to use it, but a name might BECOME popular because they use it :)

So sorry, I keep on about it, but I am hoping Mary and her staff visit these boards to get a general consensus and hopefully I've planted a seed...
Well, I've seen it being mentioned a lot of times, so I was just curious :) IMO it's very beautiful in English, but it sounds kinda weird in Danish, but that's just my opinion.

Haha. I understand & that would be so amazing! I can just imagine them lurking around on here. *cross fingers & hope that they'll see the names Xenia, Andreas & Mathilda & fall in love with them* :)

I love the name Adrianna for a girl :) Not an unlikely name, IMO it matches with Christian & Isabella. I'm also still totally hooked up on Rose, Xenia & Mathilda.

I find the whole thing with boys names a tat harder, IDK why. I like Andreas very much & also Carl & Joseph. But I can't really think of anyone else.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Courtier

I don't think they will have as many royal godparents as people are saying. Isabella didn't, so why would twins after her have more? But it is easier to have them since we know who they are. I had no heard of some of Isabella's godparents before.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe Amber will be one of the godparents.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I am beginning to think whatever they use I will be disappointed...I wished they had used 'Arabella' instead of Isabella..!
No offense, but Arabella would really have raised some eyebrows in Denmark I think. It may sound OK in English - but in Denmark, no. Frederik would never have chosen that.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
No offense, but Arabella would really have raised some eyebrows in Denmark I think. It may sound OK in English - but in Denmark, no. Frederik would never have chosen that.
Why would Frederik never have chosen it?
How is it pronounced in Danish?
Old 09-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
I don't think they will have as many royal godparents as people are saying. Isabella didn't, so why would twins after her have more? But it is easier to have them since we know who they are. I had no heard of some of Isabella's godparents before.
Exactly. They'll probably only have two royal & four non-royal godparents, like Bella.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Nobility

I think they might look at Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, Prince Philip Carl of Sweden, Prince Filipe of Spain? although Victoria is already Christian's god mother.

Names, I think she might go for sophie as it was strongly rumored that Isabella was going to be named Sophie... Sticking with tradional names like they have done with the other 2
Old 09-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why would Frederik never have chosen it?
How is it pronounced in Danish?
It's not the pronounciation as such - it's rather close to the English. It's just - the name. I just tested it on my grown-up daughters and asked them what they thought of the name - and they said that it sounded like a character in one of their little sister's teenage love novels I think that is my impression as well, probably unfairly. I just don't see it as a name used for a Danish royal, sorry.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

What about Pat and Patachon?

I believe that it will be girls. Mary doesn't look good and usually that's a sign that a girl is on the way.

Arabella is a beautiful name. As far as I remember it means beautiful Arabian girl. But we already have a Bella, right?
Old 09-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
It's not the pronounciation as such - it's rather close to the English. It's just - the name. I just tested it on my grown-up daughters and asked them what they thought of the name - and they said that it sounded like a character in one of their little sister's teenage love novels I think that is my impression as well, probably unfairly. I just don't see it as a name used for a Danish royal, sorry.
This. Arabella just doesn't ... idk, I just don't think that it sounds right.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
Arabella is a beautiful name. As far as I remember it means beautiful Arabian girl. But we already have a Bella, right?
I know they won't use Arabella now, with an Isabella and all...but I hoped they would have used it instead of Isabella...you know:

Arabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe

I suggested way back in 2007 (on these boards) because it has royal links and Scottish links (just like Mary ), Arabella Stuart...So now I just have to accept that it will never be used
Old 09-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I suggested way back in 2007 (on these boards) because it has royal links and Scottish links (just like Mary ), Arabella Stuart...So now I just have to accept that it will never be used
Actually that lady was ARBELLA not Arabella Lady Arbella Stuart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 09-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Courtier

If you read that link, wymanda, it says 'or Arabella'...if we want to get pedantic...Arabella is just the more attractive name that they MAY have used...

And my point was not really about Arabella vs Isabella, just that it's not my baby, they don't have the same naming style as me, the have more parameters and boundaries when it comes to naming their children, and perhaps more conservative tastes...And whatever they choose I will be disappointed because it not want I wanted...When really it's not even about me...So that's my point, I like suggesting cool and unusual names like Xenia and Olafur but more than likely the Danes will end up with a Sophie and Johannes...
Old 09-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Aristocracy

Well, here are my name suggestions too. Although these are maybe too old fashioned but anyway - here they are (I put only first names here):

For girl:
Augusta
Dorothea
Margaret
Feodora
Alexandra
Dagmar
Caroline
Sophia

For boy:
Christopher
Erik
Axel
Knud
Gorm
Alexander
Albert
Carl

Old 09-08-2010, 01:51 AM
Royal Highness

Axel would be a great name for a boy I agree - it would work with the name Amalie (there has been a queen Charlotte Amalie), but perhaps Amalie is seen as being too close to the Dutch princess Amalia.

The name Dorothea is beautiful.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Courtier

A Princess Dorothea would work for me too...An Australian poem, My country, was written by Dorothea McKellar, so that is the Australian link...And Princess Bella and Princess Dotty would be awesome...

Dorothea Matilda Dagmar Jane...maybe?
Old 09-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Nobility

I have new guesses...at least I think they're new.

Girls:
Adelaide Victoria Lovisa Jane
Helene Anne-Marie Charlotte Patricia

Godparents for Adelaide:
-Jane Stephens
-Victoria of Sweden
-Pavlos of Greece
-Family friend Amber (last name?)

Godparents for Helene:
-Patricia Bailey
-Anne-Marie of Greece
-Haakon of Norway
-family friend

Boys:
Erik Joachim Oscar Stuart
Johan Patrick Andre Vilhelm

Godparents for Erik:
-John Stuart Donaldson
-Joachim of Denmark
-Mette Marit of Norway
-family friend

Godparents for Johan:
-John D. Donaldson
-Patricia Bailey
-Maxima of the Netherlands
-Daniel of Sweden
Old 09-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does no one here think that Amber will be a godmother to one of the twins?
Old 09-09-2010, 05:25 AM
Aristocracy

Yes! It can be one quite likely variant be cause they have been friends for so long time and their friendship seems still to be very strong

Old 09-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnessa View Post
Yes! It can be one quite likely variant be cause they have been friends for so long time and their friendship seems still to be very strong
I think the main thing stopping any official role for Amber is the fact that she has traded on her friendship with Mary to advance her own public profile here in Australia. For Example, why was the location of her birthday party made available to the press? Obviously so the press would attend to photograph Mary.

Quote:
A Princess Dorothea would work for me too...An Australian poem, My country, was written by Dorothea McKellar, so that is the Australian link...And Princess Bella and Princess Dotty would be awesome...

Dorothea Matilda Dagmar Jane...maybe?
I like that!