The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 03:10 AM
Aristocracy

Obviously, Mary has lost quite a bit of weight in the last four years since meeting CP Frederick. I think anyone in her situation who knew that they would be in the public eyes and have thousands of pictures taken would have done the same. But I don't think she was necessarily fat or overwieght before. Yes,she weighed more and had a somewhat rounder look about her, but fat...I wouldn't say so. IMO CP Mary is skinny and petite, but looks fine right now. I would however be concerned if she more weight.

Old 11-06-2004, 03:19 AM
Courtier

i agree anyway she will naturally put weigh on when shes pregnant... she looks so fit and healthy

Old 11-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
i agree anyway she will naturally put weigh on when shes pregnant... she looks so fit and healthy
Well, if you are too thin it is difficult to become pregnant, too.

And if she is putting on weight while she is pregnant, it is not weight for herself, but pregnancy weight.

I don't think Mary is too thin -- yet anway. She is definitely much thinner when she first met Frederik, but I wouldn't describe Mary having an eating disorder at this point.

99.9% of brides lose weight before their weddings and combined with all the other changes and stresses experienced in Mary's life during the past 2 years its understandable why she might lose some weight.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:47 AM
Courtier

In the picture of Mary standing next to Fred, she looks a little too thin for me, but that's my personal taste...However, in the picture of her running, she looks great. I think a little weight in the right places doesn't hurt anybody.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:53 AM
Courtier

i agree she looks so good in that running pic... like an athlete :P
Old 11-07-2004, 11:30 AM

near the beginning of the topic someone said mary looked like she weighed 50kg.

that's impossible, because i'm 5foot4 and i weigh 50kg - i'm thin (my friends say i'm a stick) and technically 'underweight'. but it's not as if i don't eat, this is just me naturally because i have a fast metabolism.

i'm thinner than mary, and i'm pretty sure she's taller. so placing her around the 50kg mark would be just plain... wrong.

and i think she looks exceedingly fit/healthy.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Majesty

This topic has generated much debate and it is time to close this thread as I believe we will never ahieve a final consensus regarding Mary's weight.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Royal Highness

In total agreement. This thread is closed.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Nobility

New thread: Marys weight

before I offend anyone by opening a new thread on Mary's weight let me explain:
here everything is discussed and I dont see why weight-issues, something that effetcs every second woman on this planet, if not more, should be out of the question.
one cannot ignore that Mary has gone through a sucessful weightloss, without yoyo, nor ending up too slim, well done, this must be very difficult and is an achievement if one considers all those silly diets nowadays which either ruin ones health (atkins) or confront one with a constant battle.
i think mary's choice -as far as i can judge- of sport and probably healthy eating- is a very good example and should be an inspiration as much as her cloth choices are.
hence: can this thread not be regarded as a forum to look back on this process which took her -after all- healthy two years? can someone name another public figure that has transformed her or himself as successfully within what seems a healthy and conscious effort?
I am aware of the temptation to turn any such discussion into a hiddeous critic (see recent comments on CP Maxima). It is up to anyones better judgement to keep jealousy attacts on personal fatal dieting out of this.
well, lets see.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:45 AM
Nobility

facts: always slim legs and behind, never thigh problem but bust, arms and face
Old 11-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Nobility

sport -the best way to tackle weight issues

we know that mary has always been sporty. she probably always ate what she wanted, including junk.
now: sport plus hearlthy balanced diet is the key to building healthy body
Old 11-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Nobility

still 2001

2002:
Old 11-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Nobility

fat has tured into muscles
Old 11-13-2004, 09:27 AM
Royal Highness

The issue was not the weight loss, the issue was that the discussion was getting nasty. As long as we don't start rumors about health issues or make slanderous or offensive remarks and we keep the conversation civil and on topic, the discussion is appropriate.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by karolinabraganza
before I offend anyone by opening a new thread on Mary's weight let me explain:
here everything is discussed and I dont see why weight-issues, something that effetcs every second woman on this planet, if not more, should be out of the question.
one cannot ignore that Mary has gone through a sucessful weightloss, without yoyo, nor ending up too slim, well done, this must be very difficult and is an achievement if one considers all those silly diets nowadays which either ruin ones health (atkins) or confront one with a constant battle.
i think mary's choice -as far as i can judge- of sport and probably healthy eating- is a very good example and should be an inspiration as much as her cloth choices are.
hence: can this thread not be regarded as a forum to look back on this process which took her -after all- healthy two years? can someone name another public figure that has transformed her or himself as successfully within what seems a healthy and conscious effort?
I am aware of the temptation to turn any such discussion into a hiddeous critic (see recent comments on CP Maxima). It is up to anyones better judgement to keep jealousy attacts on personal fatal dieting out of this.
well, lets see.
The thing that is wrong with discussing a public figure's weight is that weight can be a difficult issue for some people. If you are or have suffered from an eating disorder and have come to The Royal Forums for some escape and fun it would be like an assault to see repeated discussions of weight whether someone is anorexic or not or how they lost or gained weight. You add further fuel to the fire by saying that those who think Mary has a serious eating disorder is because they are jealous of her. That is not right and that is not fair.
How do you know that Mary ate healthy to lose her weight? In the one picture you posted she is eating popcorn. That isn't really too healthy a choice.
Want to know a public figure who has lost weight heathily? How about Oprah who in the last few years started exercising more and eating more healthy? How about Renee Zwelleger who gained then lost nearly 20 pounds for Bridget Jones's Diary?
It would be much more interesting and productive and less insulting and hurtful to discuss Mary's other achievents than those related to something so superficial as her weight loss. I am very glad that the moderators here closed the previous thread about weight loss. It was highly inappropriate.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by karolinabraganza
sport -the best way to tackle weight issues

we know that mary has always been sporty. she probably always ate what she wanted, including junk.
now: sport plus hearlthy balanced diet is the key to building healthy body

Is she practising tai chi on the last picture?
Old 11-14-2004, 06:08 AM
Courtier

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
The issue was not the weight loss, the issue was that the discussion was getting nasty. As long as we don't start rumors about health issues or make slanderous or offensive remarks and we keep the conversation civil and on topic, the discussion is appropriate.
Thanks we all have to understand this... shes such an inspiration to all women... i think we are all civil enough to respect this
Old 11-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Aristocracy

The Original Thread on Mary's weight was CLOSED for a reason by the Administrators! I's it interesting to see how a New Thread has Started almost immediately!

I also noticed the thread on Letizia's weight is CLOSED!

It is way Overdue to give this Topic a REST! I hope the Admin will also CLOSE this Thread.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
The thing that is wrong with discussing a public figure's weight is that weight can be a difficult issue for some people. If you are or have suffered from an eating disorder and have come to The Royal Forums for some escape and fun it would be like an assault to see repeated discussions of weight whether someone is anorexic or not or how they lost or gained weight. You add further fuel to the fire by saying that those who think Mary has a serious eating disorder is because they are jealous of her. That is not right and that is not fair.
How do you know that Mary ate healthy to lose her weight? In the one picture you posted she is eating popcorn. That isn't really too healthy a choice.
Want to know a public figure who has lost weight heathily? How about Oprah who in the last few years started exercising more and eating more healthy? How about Renee Zwelleger who gained then lost nearly 20 pounds for Bridget Jones's Diary?
It would be much more interesting and productive and less insulting and hurtful to discuss Mary's other achievents than those related to something so superficial as her weight loss. I am very glad that the moderators here closed the previous thread about weight loss. It was highly inappropriate.
re importance or appropriatness of issue:
i guess discussing and analysing the frequency with which she wears skirts and specific accessories does her more justice as a member of the royal family?

re eating disorder issue:
i cannot judge whether it is phycologically disstressing for people with eating problem (either obesity or anorexia etc.) to read the threads related to Mary's health.
I cannot see the difference though for people writing about haute couture and will never even come close to the objects themselves.

why did i start this thread again and have the conviction that there is a reasonable way to speak about this issue like we do about anything else:
most people writing on this board, so i assume, llive in western, so-called developed countries and we notice that due to lack of sport and healthy eating we have a raising obesity problem. first in US, now spreading across Europe. Not only adults but also children suffer from severe health problems due to their parents' eating habits.

hence: re mary's method to lose weight consistantly across a time span of almost two years:
the fact that she didnt look like, e.g., overtly slim and anorexic-looking renee zellweger, means to me that she did not simply stop eating one day. instead she probably cut down on the popcorn (the picture above was supposed to illustrate her previous eating habits), took on calorie-buring sports, such as running, and menaged to lose weight.
Today, people with weight issues turn to atkins-cookies and believe they are profiting on the long term. it is important to notice that with physical activities and a healthy diet one can achieve wonders in case the obesity is not a medical condition or too far advanced.

mary is an example for someone who is not fortunate enough to gain weight in a balanced way. it is predominantly in her face and upper body part that she gains, whereas her buttox and legs remain largely ueffected.
as someone mentioned earlier it is understandably that she decided to do something about this. and her way, without yoyo-effect nor ending up like a stick, is impressive IMO.

we too easily forget the natural ways to change physical conditions. the only one profiting from atkins products: mr atkins himself, may he rest in peace...
Old 11-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Aristocracy

Did Mary lose weight in Denmark or in Australia?

Does anyone know how long Mary has lost weight ? Where did she do it ,in Australia or after moved to Denmark.

Tags
crown princess mary, mary, mary donaldson