Mary is Pregnant

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do Hope Mary is allright!

But on the other hand, maybe we shouldn't be too surprised if the baby is going to be born a few weeks before the due date. The last few pregnancies here in Holland learned us that (at least Dutch) royals aren't too exact with those due dates. All the children were born a few weeks sooner. But of course I don't know how the Danish are used to 'handle' this matters. :)

How long do you think it will take for Mary to start doing royal duties after giving birth? Is she expected to breastfeed and take care of the baby (as in changing the diaper, feeding, burping, etc.) or will these jobs be given to nannies? I'm just curious because I don't hear a lot of what happens directly after the birth.:rolleyes:

soCal girl said:
How long do you think it will take for Mary to start doing royal duties after giving birth? Is she expected to breastfeed and take care of the baby (as in changing the diaper, feeding, burping, etc.) or will these jobs be given to nannies? I'm just curious because I don't hear a lot of what happens directly after the birth.:rolleyes:

i read from articles says CP Mary wont wanted hire Nanny because Mary wanted as 100% care herself baby than "no nannies" i dont blame her that her decide what she wanted it for her baby if she return to public engagement who suppose to watch the baby! or CP Fred would do it!

Sara Boyce

Yes, she said during the summer she wanted no nannies at all. But I don't see how she could manage both her royal duties( some of then can't be done with a baby on her arms) and the baby care. After all, Lady Diana definitely had nannies for William and Harry and she was never called a bad mother!:D

Translation

Mary admires Mette-Marit

Crown Princess Mary is expecting a child in October. She wishes to raise the child like Mette-Marit has done.

Mary really likes the Norwegian Crown Princely couple which as often as possible take both Ingrid Alexandra and Marius with them both on representations and vacations. She is full of praise about their job as parents, says Danish court reporters to Her og Nå.

Mary also think that the Norwegian King and Queen are good role models as they let their children get an as normal upbringing as possible.

The Danish Crown Princess wishes to raise her own children, and will therefore not hire a nanny, which Queen Margrethe is said to disagree with, according to the celebrity magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I skimmed trought the magazine and it is a complete nonsense, first it is a long tear dripping part about how Margrethe and Mary are arguing because Mary wont have a nanny and Margrethe is angry about that;) Then there is the part about how terrible Frederiks childhood was and Mary pledging that her child will nothave such a childhood and every child deserves to be heared (sniff) Then a part about how she wants to take and active part in the child upbringing (what a shock) and then that she thinks (according to unnamed royalreportes) Mette-Marit and Haakon are good parents for spending alot of time with their children and often taking them on official engagements (not very often, more like 4 times a year)

Her og Nå is not a serious magazine, they hardly ever bring news and most of their storys about other royals are lifted from other non credible sources like australian papers etc or based on unnamed source or just regularly made up. Some years ago they described how a Norwegian celeb had gotten married in Rome and how the couple walked around in Rome in wedding clothes and looked very happy, when the couple in question was infact not married and in Norway.

Last edited:
ladybelline said:
Yes, she said during the summer she wanted no nannies at all. But I don't see how she could manage both her royal duties( some of then can't be done with a baby on her arms) and the baby care. After all, Lady Diana definitely had nannies for William and Harry and she was never called a bad mother!:D
She has never said that she will not hire nannies.

KikkiB said:
Mary admires Mette-Marit

Crown Princess Mary is expecting a child in October. She wishes to raise the child like Mette-Marit has done.

Mary really likes the Norwegian Crown Princely couple which as often as possible take both Ingrid Alexandra and Marius with them both on representations and vacations. She is full of praise about their job as parents, says Danish court reporters to Her og Nå.

Mary also think that the Norwegian King and Queen are good role models as they let their children get an as normal upbringing as possible.

The Danish Crown Princess wishes to raise her own children, and will therefore not hire a nanny, which Queen Margrethe is said to disagree with, according to the celebrity magazine.

Thanks a lot for your translation!

Mary and Frederik has agreed to a trip to Germany, in February. (I think I posted the article somewhere, from BT.) So, there won't be a year long maternity leave as is common for Danes. Perhaps a bit more relaxed schedule, but it's easy when they're so young you can bring them with you.

If Mary has some conflicts with her in-laws (and who hasn't the first few years in a marriage?) I hope they work through them, but if the paper is just making this conflict up to sell more papers, that so irresponsible.

Just for the record neither CPss Mary nor CP Frederik have stated they will not have nannies. In a portrait interview Mary gave before her marriage she stated her children will not be raised by nannies and then said some other things, which read in context meant she and Frederik wished to very involved in their childrens' upbringing and not leave the majority of it to nannies, not that they would not have nannies at all.

When parts of this interview were translated into English the statement about their chidren not being raised by nannies was quoted out of context and worked into articles to make it sound like they would not have nannies at all. Some Danish reporters later asked the court about this and the head of CP Frederik's court clarified that of course the couple will have nannies to look after their children when they are away doing public duties. In hindsight it was a somewhat thoughtless thing for Mary to say since the meaning of 'raised' can be ambiguous in English and easily manipulated to have a different meaning. It was her first portrait interview and hopefully as she spends more time in the public spotlight she will learn to word her statements carefully like Queen Margrethe does.

As for Mary having disagreements with Queen Margrethe, that mainly seems to originate from the Australian tabloid magazines. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors but so far there is no further evidence that there have been disagreements with the royal in-laws besides what has been published by the gossip magazines. The tabloid magazines in Australia are not a particularly reliable news source so it's speculation only at this point.:)

Last edited:
I think Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik have been very concerned and supportive in-laws (as their treatment of Alexandra shows).

It must have been disconcerting/disheartening for Mary to begin her married life while Alexandra and Joachim were separating and divorcing. She must have had some concerns about what becoming royal would do to her marriage.

taken off BILLED BLADET, would someone be kind enough to translate for me
thank you
Frederik alene til barnedåb - 21-09-05

– Mary har det fint, sagde kronprins Frederik flere gange til de mange interesserede venner, der spurgte til kronprinsessens ve og vel.

Kronprins Frederik var uden Mary til barnedåb hos grev Ditlev og grevinde Jean Ahlefeldt-Laurvig. Kronprinsessen blev hjemme for at pleje sin voksende mave. Frederik kunne berolige vennerne med, at Mary er i topform efter indlæggelsen på Rigshospitalet. -.

-Mary is doing fine! Fred told the many interested friends who asked about the CPs.

Fred was at a baptism at count Ditlev and countess Jean Ahlefeldt-Laurvig. The CPs was home, taking care of her growing belly. Fred could calm the people by saing that Mary was in great shape after the time in the hospital. Fred was a happy man when he arrived sunday morning for a baptism in Hellerup church. He did have many thing to be happy about, mainly that Mary's condition was completly stable after the hospital time. -The CPs is doing fine. One might say that it is going excellent. We are taking it easy at home and allow me to say that the CPs is not a patient. She is pregnant and not sick. She should just rest and everything will go well. In this situation I will support her, like every other man would support his wife in this situation, said a relaxed Fred when he met BILLED-BLADET after the baptism.

He is so sweet.

(I want to add that i am Swedish, so there may be some errors. Danish posters, please correct me).

thank u so much Cissan;)

what would happen then? I do hope that if the law changes after a girl and boy are born that they don't do the retroactive switch like they did in Sweden.
If the children are very small when it happens, it shouldn't be much of a problem. In Sweden, Prince Carl Philip was only a baby when the law was passed, so I very much doubt it has affected him.:)

that true!

CP Fred would help Mary to support her when Mary have baby but Fred cant leave her many Royals couples or CP couples who have baby can support if got happened as collaspe same Sophie Wessex did at her home but i think Fred would need lots help!

Sara Boyce

norwegianne said:
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=385780:fid=100300158/

BT reports that Mary is taking less than 4 months maternity leave - due to an official visit to Germany in February next year. (The average Danish woman takes about 10 months.) Frederik said earlier that the maternity/paternity leave was a bit more vague for him and Mary as they "really don't have anything in favour of taking it." After all, they do approve their own programme, one would hope... ;)

are there any more events schedulled after the trip to germany or the trip is just a "digression" on that maternity leave?

translation of article

Thank you, Cissan, for the translation of this. I like his comment about Mary being pregnant, not sick.:)

an item off Billed Bladet, can someone please translate
thank you bbb

Drama før indlæggelsen: Mary var alene hjemme:

Kronprinsesse Mary fik sig en alvorlig forskrækkelse, da hun for en uges tid siden blev ramt af smertefulde plukveer. Godt seks uger før terminen troede hun og hendes jordemødre, at fødslen var ved at gå i gang. Mary fandt situationen så alvorlig, da den opstod i Kancellihuset, at hun kontaktede en af sine jordemødre, der ikke et splitsekund var i tvivl om, at en indlæggelse var nødvendig.

Last edited:
Princess Maxima said:
Will Mary attend to the Parliament Opening on October 4th?

No not according to www.kongehuset.dk
I guess it is because it is just up the birth of Marys and Frederik first child,and since she had to be admit to the hospital because of premonitory pains she has to slow down things in her calendar.
I hope she is going to have som maternity leave up to the birth....It is happening in next month.

H.M. Margrethe said:
No not according to www.kongehuset.dk
I guess it is because it is just up the birth of Marys and Frederik first child,and since she had to be admit to the hospital because of premonitory pains she has to slow down things in her calendar.
I hope she is going to have som maternity leave up to the birth....It is happening in next month.

Yes, that's true.Thanks!:)

All Mary's event up until the birth has been cancelled, on advice from her doctors.

Bonfires to mark royal birth

Home Guard members all over the country will be lighting bonfires on heights when Crown Princess Mary has given birth.

When Crown Princess Mary gives birth to her and Frederik's child, probably in mid-October, it will be celebrated with a message of joy, in the shape of so-called beacon-bonfires from the capital and to the outmost coasts of the country, writes NORDJYSKE Stiftstidende this Sunday.

»The first bonfire will be lit close to Copenhagen. From then the fires will light up in rapid order, and spread like a wave across the country, says Project leader Lisbeth Frost Jensen from the Home Guard's north region.

It is the Home Guard and NORDJYSKE Stiftstidende, who together have started this project of beacon-bonfires, which will involve several thousand Home Guard members all over Denmark.

The idea itself was conceived by two amateur-astronomers from Aalborg: Helge Selchau og Ole Fastrup.

The beacons are an ancient way to send important messages out to the country. It is said to have existed as far back as the Bronze age in the Nordic Countries, and lots of Danish heights are called something with bavne (beacon).

The Home Guard has no problems localizing the old beacon heights. »We have all of them on our military maps, where all the military opportunities in the landscape have been registeered,«, says Lisbeth Frost Larsen from the region HQ./ritzau/

http://politiken.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=399015
(Translated by me.)

I thought this was an interesting story on how the Danes are waiting for the birth :)

Thanks a lot Norwegianne. It's indeed very interesting.

norwegianne said:
(Translated by me.)

I thought this was an interesting story on how the Danes are waiting for the birth :)

Thanks for the translation!

This reminds me of Lord of the Rings, when one of the hobbits lit the beacon and the neighbouring beacons were also lit, so that either Gondor or Rohan was alerted to the plight of their neighbour... that was amazing to see on the screen.

But I have no idea how huge the Home Guard beacons/bonfires will be. Nevertheless its an excellent idea! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom