Mary is Pregnant

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She just needs to slow down! I worked until noon the day my son was born. He was born at 7pm. Our bodies are different and she may need to take it easy for a few weeks until the baby is born. Let's hope for the best.

I can't believe I just heard about this now!
I'm in Australia and it was only on the news today.
This convinces me that we don't get european news very quickly at all.

But most importantly I hope the baby and princess are both healthy and doing well.
Even though the baby would be okay being born early, it must have been frightening for both expectant parents.

Today's news, from bt.dk:

Everything calm at the hospital:

The Crown princess' situation hasn't changed. It is now up to the doctors at the hospital to decide if she is to be released from the hospital or stay there.

The night at the maternal ward at the hospital has gone quietly for Mary.

I'm thankful that all is well with Mary and her baby.

Let's face it- the little one will make her/his debut whenever she/he is ready, and not a minute sooner or later! Never mind if Mama & Papa and the grandparents & Denmark are ready or not :p

Well, I'm glad she's where she needs to be! In the hospital.
I was just thinking to myself last week that her pregnancy seemed to be running soo smoothly, and look all of a sudden a hiccup. I hope everything runs smoothly from now on.

Last edited:
is this the pic of her baby? Is a boy or a girl? News.com

Attachments

• showcasepix596108.jpg
    showcasepix596108.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 327
I'm sure it was just a file photo they used. Trust me, NO ONE in the press would ever get Mary's real ultrasound.

She has been released from the Hospital. It was just announced in the danish news

to me, it is also a boy in the pic. So there are pics her leaving the hospital?

Princess Mary leaves hospital

07:00 AEST Fri Sep 16 2005
AFP
Danish Crown Princess Mary left a Copenhagen hospital today with a clean bill of health after experiencing contractions six weeks before she is due to give birth to her first child.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=62911

Last edited by a moderator:
Danielle said:
Princess Mary leaves hospital

07:00 AEST Fri Sep 16 2005
AFP
Danish Crown Princess Mary left a Copenhagen hospital today with a clean bill of health after experiencing contractions six weeks before she is due to give birth to her first child.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=62911

Danielle, I deleted the above pics, as they were taken last month on August 26, 2005 when Mary attended the Geelsgård School’s 50th Jubilee. Here is the link http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=271890&postcount=101

pdas1201 said:
Danielle, I deleted the above pics, as they were taken last month on August 26, 2005 when Mary attended the Geelsgård School’s 50th Jubilee. Here is the link http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=271890&postcount=101
Oh sorry. I should have checked a bit more thoroughly. I knew there was something strange about the photos (i.e. why would she be carrying flower and smiling if she had just come out of hospital?)Thanks. :)

Wow...I'm glad Mary and the baby are doing ok now. I'm sure that must have been scary.

i dont understand why everyone think it was scary for her. Its completly normal with contractions when you are 8 month pregnant.
If the baby was born now it would be fine. A lot of women are experiencing this.
The baby are just prepare for the birth and early contractions means that it will be an easy birth so nothing to worry about folks

betina said:
i dont understand why everyone think it was scary for her.
People aren't just scared because she's a princess but also simply because having a miscarriage is a very sad event.

you are not going to have a miscarrige when you are 8 month pregnant. The little baby just wanted to see the world now instead to wait a month.
Contractions is not an indication of miscarrige

betina said:
i dont understand why everyone think it was scary for her. Its completly normal with contractions when you are 8 month pregnant.

For a first timer it can be scary. Furthermore it can be painful also. :(

betina said:
The little baby just wanted to see the world now instead to wait a month.
LOL good one ^___^ i wouldn't blame the baby for being excited he/she will have almost everything life has to offer! :)

Harmony said:
For a first timer it can be scary. Furthermore it can be painful also. :(

Trust me, it's a very scary ordeal to face, whether it's yr first time or not.

I went through a similar experience when i was 7 mth into my pregrency - i was at work and the contraction came - the drs called it pre-term labour and believe me when you're lying there hving yr contractions monitored and drs running in and out....not knowing if you're going into labour or the drs can hold it off....it's scary!!!!

I'm just gld that CP Mary is now better and pray that all goes for the rest of the term.

Usually after the mother is about 32 weeks into her pregnancy, it's safe for her to deliver. Of course ideally any baby would be carried full term but as a general rule, once you're past 32 wks. (which I think Mary might be?) it's safe to deliver the baby.

betina said:
you are not going to have a miscarrige when you are 8 month pregnant. The little baby just wanted to see the world now instead to wait a month.
Contractions is not an indication of miscarrige

Contractions do not necessarily indicate a miscarriage. You can have contractions prematurely and have a perfectly normal pregancy the rest of the way and deliver a healthy baby.

However, any pregnant woman can miscarry at any time. Women have been known to miscarry when only having a few weeks remaining in their pregnancies or even deliver stillborn babies. Women have carried to term without any sign of anything abnormal and delivered a stillborn baby. It is not the norm, but it certainly does happen.

Anything that causes an expectant mother pain or stress is something to take seriously, because it causes a change in blood pressure which is not something that any pregant woman wants to escalate or even drop too significantly.

Whenever a woman experiences false contractions or pre-labor contractions, she should be taken to the hospital. It could be false labor, but it could also be a sign of something more serious. It is worth it to be careful and safe.

Eliza said:
Trust me, it's a very scary ordeal to face, whether it's yr first time or not.

I went through a similar experience when i was 7 mth into my pregrency - i was at work and the contraction came - the drs called it pre-term labour and believe me when you're lying there hving yr contractions monitored and drs running in and out....not knowing if you're going into labour or the drs can hold it off....it's scary!!!!

I'm just gld that CP Mary is now better and pray that all goes for the rest of the term.

Although I have never been pregnant, I have had friends who have had similar scares that Mary has just had. It is also hard to judge whether they are real contractions vs intense Braxton-Hicks contractions. Mary did the right thing by seeking medical help and advice. This is her first child and an heir to the throne to boot! She must be feeling enormous pressure to bring this child into the world healthy beyond what "non-royal" mothers feel. I think the time has come for Mary to slow down and take care of herself and her baby. Royal duties must be put to the side for now to focus on the health and well-being of Mary and her child.

Mary is not alone in having some troubles with her pregnancy. Mette-Marit has been having problems. I wonder if they both have been doing too much during their pregnancies. The only one that I have heard is doing well is Letizia.

One of my friend had contractions at the beginning of July, and she was due erlay september. She went to hospital where she received a great treatment. The baby, a little girl named Tiziana, was born early september, as predicted, and is a very healthy and cute one. So I hope it will be the same for the little hair(ess).

Noelle9982 said:
Usually after the mother is about 32 weeks into her pregnancy, it's safe for her to deliver. Of course ideally any baby would be carried full term but as a general rule, once you're past 32 wks. (which I think Mary might be?) it's safe to deliver the baby.

You're absolutely correct in asserting that reaching full term is ideal. :)

My daugher was born at 32 weeks (exactly 8 weeks premature). She needed a C-PAP to breathe, an incubator to maintain her body temperature, and a feeding tube inserted through her nose to be fed because her sucking reflex hadn't developed yet. She was 3lbs. 9oz at birth, and was released from the neo-natal intensive care ward 5 1/2 weeks later when she tipped the scales at 5 pounds and hadn't had an apnea spell for 24 hours. (Many preemies forget to keep breathing!)

Needless to say, I hope that Mary delivers her baby as close to her due date as possible!:)

Mary fears baby jinx

DENMARK's pregnant Crown Princess Mary is not yet arranging the nursery or buying up baby clothes for fear of jinxing her unborn child's health.

With six weeks until the royal baby is due, the jittery royals have made minimal plans for their child's arrival, officials said.

The statement came as Princess Mary recuperated at her Copenhagen estate after a three-day stay in hospital.

Doctors urged the Australian-born princess to abandon all official duties and rest to avoid more of the premature contractions that saw her taken to hospital on Wednesday.

Palace press chief Lis Frederiksen said the prince and princess were like all nervous first-time parents. They did not want to think too far ahead.

"They haven't really bought many clothes or done the bedroom for the baby," she said.

"They'll just wait and see how the pregnancy goes and what's coming out of it.

"It is premature to plan anything in any detail. Some would say it brings bad luck."

From www.royalarchive.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom