Mary is Pregnant

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the one in Romania had fertility treatments. Her baby weighed 1.4 kilos or 3 lbs.

Dennism said:
Yes, the one in Romania had fertility treatments. Her baby weighed 1.4 kilos or 3 lbs.

:eek: :eek: :confused: Really?? They really do that in Romenia?? I didn't know about that, that's interesting!

Please get back on topic, which is Mary's pregnancy.

Thank you.
Norwegianne
Danish Forum Moderator

What a surpriseeeeeeeeeeeeee !! i've been away for two days and pafffff , a good news !! Mary and Mette Marit are pregnant ;) anyway congratulations to both of them and Congratulations to the Crown Prince Frederick and Princess Mary .:)

Have anything more happend in Denmark? New press release, or some new pictures?

It would be so cool if she got at girl, and they changed the law so she would becoma a queen no matter what. Then it is only Victoria left to get a babygirl and there would be three future queens reigning in Scandinavia!

I'm telling y'all! It's the water!! Or maybe the stork's taken up residence in Europe...

Long time lurker here...
thought it might be appropriate to finally make my first post here in saying how excited I am to here about Mary and Fredrick expecting! What surprising and happy news!

Their child is going to be soooooo beautiful!!!

Welcome to the forum MNP and happy posting.

With a new royal baby on the way, lets not forget the past Danish royal babies. Here are a few...

1) Frederik VIII and Queen Louise (baby's great-great-great grandparents) with their children; Christian X (baby's great-great grandfather) in the back.
2) Frederik IX (baby's great grandfather) as a baby himself, with his mother and grandparents
3) Four generations (L-R): King Christian IX, King Christain X, King Frederik VIII, and Frederik IX (in the front)
4) Queen Magrethe (baby's grandmother) as a wee baby herself
5) Queen Margrethe with Crown Prince Frederik (baby's father) in diapers.
6) Queen Margrethe with Prince Joachim (baby's uncle) sound asleep.
7) Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra with Princes Nikolai and Felix (baby's cousins).

Attachments

• 278550_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    278550_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 278532_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    278532_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 379
  • 278534_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    278534_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 340
  • 278548_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    278548_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 278542_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    278542_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 385
  • 278544_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    278544_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 418
  • 278540_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    278540_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 486
[QUOTE
2) Frederik IX (baby's great grandfather) as a baby himself, with his mother and grandparents
QUOTE]

This is also four generations. It is Frederik 9. as a baby, his mother, grandmother and greatgrandfather.

if the papers say that the baby was concieved around the time between late January and Mary's birthday in February. Could the baby have been concieved during their trip to New York?

Seems like all the Crown princesses in Europe are pregnant. Accept Letizia. Maybe they can go baby shopping.

I wonder did she know this when she was in Australia?

Reina said:
I wonder did she know this when she was in Australia?

Yes she did, because she and Frederik told her dad and the rest of her family on Tasmania when they was ther.

Kronprinsesse Mary benyttede naturligvis lejligheden til at fortælle sin far, stedmor og sine to søstre den glade nyhed, da hun for godt en måned siden var på et rent triumftog gennem Australien sammen med Frederik.
– Det er dejligt, at det nu er kommet ud, siger matematikprofessor John Donaldson.
– Vi har vidst det et stykke tid og er naturligvis glade på Marys og Freds vegne. Mere er der såmænd ikke at sige.
– Er der noget særligt ved, at det er Mary, der skal være mor?
– Njaah, det er jo specielt for jer danskere. Men jeg har otte børnebørn i forvejen, så jeg har prøvet det før, lyder det fra Hobart.
Læs hele om resten af familiens reaktioner i ugens SE og HØR​

H.M. Margrethe said:
Yes she did, because she and Frederik told her dad and the rest of her family on Tasmania when they was ther.

Kronprinsesse Mary benyttede naturligvis lejligheden til at fortælle sin far, stedmor og sine to søstre den glade nyhed, da hun for godt en måned siden var på et rent triumftog gennem Australien sammen med Frederik.​

– Det er dejligt, at det nu er kommet ud, siger matematikprofessor John Donaldson.
– Vi har vidst det et stykke tid og er naturligvis glade på Marys og Freds vegne. Mere er der såmænd ikke at sige.
– Er der noget særligt ved, at det er Mary, der skal være mor?
– Njaah, det er jo specielt for jer danskere. Men jeg har otte børnebørn i forvejen, så jeg har prøvet det før, lyder det fra Hobart.
Læs hele om resten af familiens reaktioner i ugens SE og HØR
NO, J. Donaldson just says that they have known for a while, not how long. It's SE & HØR who speculates that F & M told them in Australia, not a fact. Mary was probably only 1-1½ month pregnant when she was in Australia and although she might( or not) have felt it in the last part of the AU-trip, she still couldn't be absolutely sure of it. I don't think she told anyone(except Fred), before they were absolutely sure. Not even family and friends, because of the risk that they accidentally could reveal it before time. Btw Billid Bladet writes that the family(Royal and Mary's) have only known it for some weeks.

The coverage on the pregnancy this week is mostly speculation by the mags. They really have no way of knowing, but because of the competition (especially this week:D ) they have to fill out 15-20 pages with something about the pregnancy. And that within about 24 hours - announcement Monday and deadline Tuesday(Billid Bladet and Se & Hør, some other mags even late Monday). A good example is the speculation(but written as a fact) on where the child is conceived, New York, Ski trip(Verbier), the day of the visit to Psykriatrifonden(18/1) etc. All depending on how romantic the magazines want to present it for their readers. It could be that it just happened in Denmark at Fredensborg. Btw Frederik also cried when Mary told him:rolleyes: They really can’t know that either. But it doesn’t cost anything writing it. So they just do it! And some people (like to) believe it.

Last edited:
fromEU said:
NO, J. Donaldson just says that they have known for a while, not how long. It's SE & HØR who speculates that F & M told them in Australia, not a fact. Mary was probably only 1-1½ month pregnant when she was in Australia and although she might( or not) have felt it in the last part of the AU-trip, she still couldn't be absolutely sure of it. I don't think she told anyone(except Fred), before they were absolutely sure. Not even family and friends, because of the risk that they accidentally could reveal it before time. Btw Billid Bladet writes that the family(Royal and Mary's) have only known it for some weeks.
While I agree with you that most everything we hear right now is going to be speculation. It is very possible that Mary knew for sure during their trip to Australia that she was pregnant. Not having one's period for even two weeks is a good indication and so it is completely possible to know for sure. Also I would say that there is a possibility Mary told her family then. They seem to be rather protective of the Crown Princess, and as far as I know, not much information has slipped through that family's mouths to the press.

Britters said:
While I agree with you that most everything we hear right now is going to be speculation. It is very possible that Mary knew for sure during their trip to Australia that she was pregnant. Not having one's period for even two weeks is a good indication and so it is completely possible to know for sure. Also I would say that there is a possibility Mary told her family then. They seem to be rather protective of the Crown Princess, and as far as I know, not much information has slipped through that family's mouths to the press.

Not that I want to engage in a discussion about Mary's cycle, but depending on how regular one's cycle is, being two weeks late may mean nothing at all. Some women never have regular schedules while others are like clockwork.

I agree with fromEU that until Frederik and Mary, the Donaldson family or the Queen and Prince Henrik say it themselves, everything we read these days about Mary's pregnancy and when she told her family is purely speculation. Such details are so private and intimate, and as Mary's family as well as the Danish royal family are so close and protective of Frederik and Mary, I can hardly imagine them blabbing to the media about when Mary told them that she was pregnant.

Alexandria said:
Not that I want to engage in a discussion about Mary's cycle,

Very good point, Alexandria. Now that would be reallly personal...I had this vision yesterday of John Donaldson walking into his lecture hall and his class applauding and he merely saying "I guess you all heard the good news."

News from the SRMB: The Danish PM intends to introduce a bill to amend the Danish Act of Succession to allow the first-born child of the CP couple, regardless of gender, to accede to the throne.
Article in Danish http://www.jp.dk/indland/artikel:aid=3088268/

Wonder if he knows something we don't know...;)

Mandy said:
News from the SRMB: The Danish PM intends to introduce a bill to amend the Danish Act of Succession to allow the first-born child of the CP couple, regardless of gender, to accede to the throne.
Article in Danish http://www.jp.dk/indland/artikel:aid=3088268/

Wonder if he knows something we don't know...;)

I doubt it, Mandy. That discussion has been going on for quite some time, and especially since they got married. Around the pregnancy announcement it developed even further. And now a change might be around the corner.

What wonderful news - Many congratulations to Mary and Frederik.

I feel very happy for them...Have a baby is a great thing!!!!!
I hope they have much more and steel in love one for another many, many years!!!
Congratulations!!!

I guess no pictures of her belly showing yet ?

thank you so much!!! I didn't see it he is getting big!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom