The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2015, 05:15 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

How terribly vulgar. Why on earth would she do that? She must be wealthy as she received an enormous sum from her ex-husband when she dumped him after only a few years of marriage. Just a wish to become famous? Not an uncommon wish for a teenager maybe, but a bit sad for an adult. Is she still invited to attend court functions or did they scratch her from the list (which would not be surprising at all).

Old 04-06-2015, 05:36 AM
Majesty

Poor judgement I'd say, but we all make silly decisions in our lives.

Perhaps she lost a bet or she's reached the "panic-age" and at that age people can do silly things.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Is she still invited to attend court functions or did they scratch her from the list (which would not be surprising at all).
She has been invited to some private events but I don't know about "court functions". I've never had the impression that she is particularly close to Mary and Frederik. Could be wrong, of course.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Majesty

Mary's hairdresser and personal friend, Søren Heedegaard, has given a very long and personal interview.
In his typical style he says very little about Mary. Let me put it in another way: If we ever hear anything personal about Mary it will be most unlikely that Søren Heedegaard will be the source!

He says this about being asked about being Mary's hairdresser: "I'm happy/overjoyed and honored that the Crown Princess asked me whether I would help her, but the work is the same (as with any other). There is just so much more focus on the Crown Princess than on the other jobs I carry out. That's why it's a challenge I really solve to the best of my abillities".
The job for Crown Princess Mary was also a challenge that came to Søren Hedegaard:
"I was actually driving our scooter - with the milk-box behind (*) - when my phone rang. I pulled over and that was the then chief of court who asked whether that was a job I was willing to undertake.
I was delighted and said yes, please, but it was sort of like a dream. Only later did it dawn on me that it was true enough!
It may sound a bit over the top, but I thought: Well that's what I'm going to do now.
All my life there has been added on top of what I can. And now this challenge came as a new addition. You can literally say that this is the crowning glory of my work and the high-mark of my career.
I am of course proud that I over the years have become skilled to such an extent that I am offered and competent enough to carry out such a task".

Working for Mary means a lot of trips abroad.
"And it's not just about hair. There are different occasions and events and lots of things I have to familiarize myself with. That I see as a nice challenge. You acquire an insight into many cultures and then I meet other colleagues who work for other royals.
I'm very conscious that the things I do are being commented. Not just by the Danish press. My work means a lot to me and it matters very much to me to do it to the very best of my abilities".
He is also conscious that Mary is labelled a style icon:
"I think we have found a concensus in regards to hairstyles and make up and all that entails. And I know the Crown Princess feels safe in my hands".

Søren Heedegaard goes on to explain that he relies very much on sketches in his preparations and only when the idea is in place is it presented.

(*) Like this: A moped actually with the almost mandatory eeh... "organized" milk-box attached.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110614162407
Old 08-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Zoe Thinks ‏@ZoeThinks 6 mins6 minutes ago
housewives of London trailer and all about the players:
Ladies Of London Season 2 Premieres September 7th! Meet The Newbies And Watch The Trailer! - Reality Tea

Zoe Thinks ‏@ZoeThinks 9 mins9 minutes ago
Crown Princess Mary is Carolyn Flemming's daughter's god mother..

Zoe Thinks ‏@ZoeThinks 9 mins9 minutes ago
Holy crap: Crown Princess Mary's friend Carolyn Flemming is going to be on Ladies of London (a Bravo Housewife show) coming soon.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Mary's hairdresser and personal friend, Søren Heedegaard, has given a very long and personal interview.
In his typical style he says very little about Mary. Let me put it in another way: If we ever hear anything personal about Mary it will be most unlikely that Søren Heedegaard will be the source!

He says this about being asked about being Mary's hairdresser: "I'm happy/overjoyed and honored that the Crown Princess asked me whether I would help her, but the work is the same (as with any other). There is just so much more focus on the Crown Princess than on the other jobs I carry out. That's why it's a challenge I really solve to the best of my abillities".
The job for Crown Princess Mary was also a challenge that came to Søren Hedegaard:
"I was actually driving our scooter - with the milk-box behind (*) - when my phone rang. I pulled over and that was the then chief of court who asked whether that was a job I was willing to undertake.
I was delighted and said yes, please, but it was sort of like a dream. Only later did it dawn on me that it was true enough!
It may sound a bit over the top, but I thought: Well that's what I'm going to do now.
All my life there has been added on top of what I can. And now this challenge came as a new addition. You can literally say that this is the crowning glory of my work and the high-mark of my career.
I am of course proud that I over the years have become skilled to such an extent that I am offered and competent enough to carry out such a task".

Working for Mary means a lot of trips abroad.
"And it's not just about hair. There are different occasions and events and lots of things I have to familiarize myself with. That I see as a nice challenge. You acquire an insight into many cultures and then I meet other colleagues who work for other royals.
I'm very conscious that the things I do are being commented. Not just by the Danish press. My work means a lot to me and it matters very much to me to do it to the very best of my abilities".
He is also conscious that Mary is labelled a style icon:
"I think we have found a concensus in regards to hairstyles and make up and all that entails. And I know the Crown Princess feels safe in my hands".

Søren Heedegaard goes on to explain that he relies very much on sketches in his preparations and only when the idea is in place is it presented.

(*) Like this: A moped actually with the almost mandatory eeh... "organized" milk-box attached.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110614162407

Isn't it just Murphy's Law that the most important [or one of] phone call for your future should come while you are least ready to receive it. Such as being on a bike!!