The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 04:21 AM
Courtier

The great majority of people in Australia will see this birth as a bit of bright and good news on our very wet horizon. We have major flooding going on in our country at the moment. And people have other very real concerns to worry about. But they will be very pleased about the birth regardless. And a great many will be absolutely delighted.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:22 AM
Nobility

Mary was big news here when she married Fred and even when Chris was born, however over time, she has faded away a bit. There are of course hardcore fans still and the media make a fuss when she is over here in Oz. But she's not really big news any more, per say.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:23 AM
Courtier

Australia's gearing up for the Australian Open, so maybe they aren't paying as much attention at the moment to Mary.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:26 AM
Aristocracy

I understand. I heard about the floods, so I can see why people would be upset that she's getting the headlines over the flooding.

Anyway, I wonder how long we'll have to wait...I'm not a very patient person, lol.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenways View Post
Mary was big news here when she married Fred and even when Chris was born, however over time, she has faded away a bit. There are of course hardcore fans still and the media make a fuss when she is over here in Oz. But she's not really big news any more, per say.
I guess that's pretty natural as time goes by.

Australia was very much in the news initially here in DK, but that has also faded somewhat.

Anyway, to pass the time the press has started to interview each other. The Australian media are favourite targets.
And as Denmark in many ways is a big village, we tend to be a bit awed when the big world, in this case Australia, show some interest in us.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalEnquirer View Post
I'm just wondering how Mary was able to sneak out of the palace without every media outlet in Denmark finding out.
A secret underground escaperoute? Invisiblecloak ala Harry Potter or Frodo? A whig like Queen Silvia had 1977?

IF only the swedish royal court could do something like this later this year, but as long as the king is to much conservative that will not happen.

Wounder what the two older kids are doing now? I think they are wery nervous atm
Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Aristocracy

I'm hoping for twin girls - I'm sending best wishes for CPM and bubs to have a safe birth!

I think that generally CPM is loved but as with Kate's engagement, it seems to have only be put into the press as a sort of trivial matter, only to sell magazines, not something to be really pleased about or proud of. That's my take on it.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
A secret underground escaperoute? Invisiblecloak ala Harry Potter or Frodo? A whig like Queen Silvia had 1977?
Maybe she has a Ziggy costume (!).
Old 01-08-2011, 04:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder how long till she gives birth should I even bother staying awake ? it's almost 2am here
Old 01-08-2011, 04:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope it's soon cause I really need to go sleep.
Aristocracy

ok, fingers crossed for a healthy delivery!
cannot wait to find out if they are boys, girls or both!
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
CPM is loved but it's like with Kate's engagement, it's only put into the press as trivial, to sell magazines, not something to be really pleased about or proud of. That's my take on it.
Australia isnt as proud over Mary as Germany and Brazil are over Queen Silvia apperantly. The floods sounds nasty, especially with all the dangerous snakes floating around. Times like this when Australia needs to clone the crocodile hunter
Old 01-08-2011, 04:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalEnquirer View Post
I understand. I heard about the floods, so I can see why people would be upset that she's getting the headlines over the flooding.

Anyway, I wonder how long we'll have to wait...I'm not a very patient person, lol.
There is a telethon tonight to raise money for the flood victims which the media are supporting and although Marys birth is important (particularly to us royal watchers!!) the media will be sensitive to overshadowing the fundraising efforts with news of Mary being in labour.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Aristocracy

She went to the hospital at 7:00 in the morning. It's 10:35 currently in Copenhagen, so anything's possible.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Nobility

Thanks for clarification Tarlita and Greenways. I was in australian this summer (brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Hobart). I really enjoy my trip (3 weeks), not to hot because it was winter for australia, but terrific memories. We do the 2nd leg of our trip this summer (Adelaïde, Perth and Alice S.). I was surprise of the kindness of people, the very good restaurants we went in (a lot of french master chef are now in australia), I went to Bondi Beach (too col 14° for a swim). At the time I was very very surprised Mary was not a hot and top topic to discuss. In fact people were more interested if William was about to be engaged to Kate Middleton. And there was nearly no coverage on Mary pregnancy. I was really sad for this. Do you know why thsi has faded? because the coupe come on a regular basis to australia? I know my post is not related to the twin birth, but we have to wait until the birth so ... we have to discuss for waiting ... Many thanks for answers and viva denmark ... (hope to go to scandinavia one day, sweden is - I was told - a "magnifique" country. Happy new year for all (it's still time)
Old 01-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I wonder how long till she gives birth should I even bother staying awake ? it's almost 2am here
I'd say go to sleep.

Within a few hours the birth of the twins will be announced and a little later Frederik will talk shortly to the press and that will be shown in continous loops in the media for the rest of the day.
From that we will get most of the concrete facts.

Perhaps the maternity team will say something as well.

Tomorrow the visitors will arrive and the press will get a few words from them.

My guess is that Mary and Frederik will leave the hospital Wednesday of Thursday - and that will be the big day!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

How long were her other deliverys how long did we wait then?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:39 AM
Commoner

Just heard it on the news!! I'm so excited! I hope the twins are born without any complications

I have to catch a flight in 7 hours, so I'm hoping she gives birth before then (and not while I'm stuck in the plane) so I can see the announcement on TV!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:40 AM
Aristocracy

The third time my mom gave birth, she entered the hospital at 8:30am and gave birth to my youngest brother at 8:46am, so anything really is possible. We'll know when we know, lol. Good wishes to Mary and the entire DRF! I'm hoping either for twin girls or one boy & one girl.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:40 AM
Aristocracy

People on twitter are saying it's boys, but I will not believe anything until I see an annoucement from the palace officials. IMO, they're just speculating & she may not have even given birth yet.