Mary Admitted to Hospital: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The great majority of people in Australia will see this birth as a bit of bright and good news on our very wet horizon. We have major flooding going on in our country at the moment. And people have other very real concerns to worry about. But they will be very pleased about the birth regardless. And a great many will be absolutely delighted.

Mary was big news here when she married Fred and even when Chris was born, however over time, she has faded away a bit. There are of course hardcore fans still and the media make a fuss when she is over here in Oz. But she's not really big news any more, per say.

Australia's gearing up for the Australian Open, so maybe they aren't paying as much attention at the moment to Mary.

I understand. I heard about the floods, so I can see why people would be upset that she's getting the headlines over the flooding.

Anyway, I wonder how long we'll have to wait...I'm not a very patient person, lol.

Mary was big news here when she married Fred and even when Chris was born, however over time, she has faded away a bit. There are of course hardcore fans still and the media make a fuss when she is over here in Oz. But she's not really big news any more, per say.

I guess that's pretty natural as time goes by.

Australia was very much in the news initially here in DK, but that has also faded somewhat.

Anyway, to pass the time the press has started to interview each other. The Australian media are favourite targets.
And as Denmark in many ways is a big village, we tend to be a bit awed when the big world, in this case Australia, show some interest in us. :lol:

I'm just wondering how Mary was able to sneak out of the palace without every media outlet in Denmark finding out. :whistling:

A secret underground escaperoute? Invisiblecloak ala Harry Potter or Frodo? A whig like Queen Silvia had 1977?

IF only the swedish royal court could do something like this later this year, but as long as the king is to much conservative that will not happen.

Wounder what the two older kids are doing now? I think they are wery nervous atm

I'm hoping for twin girls - I'm sending best wishes for CPM and bubs to have a safe birth!

I think that generally CPM is loved but as with Kate's engagement, it seems to have only be put into the press as a sort of trivial matter, only to sell magazines, not something to be really pleased about or proud of. That's my take on it.

Last edited:
I wonder how long till she gives birth should I even bother staying awake ? it's almost 2am here

I hope it's soon cause I really need to go sleep.

ok, fingers crossed for a healthy delivery!
cannot wait to find out if they are boys, girls or both!

CPM is loved but it's like with Kate's engagement, it's only put into the press as trivial, to sell magazines, not something to be really pleased about or proud of. That's my take on it.

Australia isnt as proud over Mary as Germany and Brazil are over Queen Silvia apperantly. The floods sounds nasty, especially with all the dangerous snakes floating around. Times like this when Australia needs to clone the crocodile hunter

I understand. I heard about the floods, so I can see why people would be upset that she's getting the headlines over the flooding.

Anyway, I wonder how long we'll have to wait...I'm not a very patient person, lol.

There is a telethon tonight to raise money for the flood victims which the media are supporting and although Marys birth is important (particularly to us royal watchers!!) the media will be sensitive to overshadowing the fundraising efforts with news of Mary being in labour.

She went to the hospital at 7:00 in the morning. It's 10:35 currently in Copenhagen, so anything's possible.

Thanks for clarification Tarlita and Greenways. I was in australian this summer (brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Hobart). I really enjoy my trip (3 weeks), not to hot because it was winter for australia, but terrific memories. We do the 2nd leg of our trip this summer (Adelaïde, Perth and Alice S.). I was surprise of the kindness of people, the very good restaurants we went in (a lot of french master chef are now in australia), I went to Bondi Beach (too col 14° for a swim). At the time I was very very surprised Mary was not a hot and top topic to discuss. In fact people were more interested if William was about to be engaged to Kate Middleton. And there was nearly no coverage on Mary pregnancy. I was really sad for this. Do you know why thsi has faded? because the coupe come on a regular basis to australia? I know my post is not related to the twin birth, but we have to wait until the birth so ... we have to discuss for waiting ... Many thanks for answers and viva denmark ... (hope to go to scandinavia one day, sweden is - I was told - a "magnifique" country. Happy new year for all (it's still time)

I wonder how long till she gives birth should I even bother staying awake ? it's almost 2am here

I'd say go to sleep.

Within a few hours the birth of the twins will be announced and a little later Frederik will talk shortly to the press and that will be shown in continous loops in the media for the rest of the day.
From that we will get most of the concrete facts.

Perhaps the maternity team will say something as well.

Tomorrow the visitors will arrive and the press will get a few words from them.

My guess is that Mary and Frederik will leave the hospital Wednesday of Thursday - and that will be the big day!

How long were her other deliverys how long did we wait then?

Just heard it on the news!! I'm so excited! I hope the twins are born without any complications :D

I have to catch a flight in 7 hours, so I'm hoping she gives birth before then (and not while I'm stuck in the plane) so I can see the announcement on TV!!!

The third time my mom gave birth, she entered the hospital at 8:30am and gave birth to my youngest brother at 8:46am, so anything really is possible. We'll know when we know, lol. Good wishes to Mary and the entire DRF! I'm hoping either for twin girls or one boy & one girl.

People on twitter are saying it's boys, but I will not believe anything until I see an annoucement from the palace officials. IMO, they're just speculating & she may not have even given birth yet.

Rosapru said:
Thanks for clarification Tarlita and Greenways. I was in australian this summer (brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Hobart). I really enjoy my trip (3 weeks), not to hot because it was winter for australia, but terrific memories. We do the 2nd leg of our trip this summer (Adelaïde, Perth and Alice S.). I was surprise of the kindness of people, the very good restaurants we went in (a lot of french master chef are now in australia), I went to Bondi Beach (too col 14° for a swim). At the time I was very very surprised Mary was not a hot and top topic to discuss. In fact people were more interested if William was about to be engaged to Kate Middleton. And there was nearly no coverage on Mary pregnancy. I was really sad for this. Do you know why thsi has faded? because the coupe come on a regular basis to australia? I know my post is not related to the twin birth, but we have to wait until the birth so ... we have to discuss for waiting ... Many thanks for answers and viva denmark ... (hope to go to scandinavia one day, sweden is - I was told - a "magnifique" country. Happy new year for all (it's still time)

I watched a video of Mary in Australia she was at a crowded shopping mart and she had lunch in the area and what surprised me was that no one seemed to care! They would give her a glance and walk right by her. Maybe Australians see Mary as a "regular person". I do wonder too why she's faded.

Can I just say that a good majority of the press here in Australia is owned by Rupert Murdoch and everyone knows how anti royal he is. Perhaps that is why the press here have not gone with a big story yet. Not until the couple leave the hospital each one holding a baby. And then they will give it ample coverage.

Do you know why thsi has faded?

It's not so much that interest in Mary has faded per say, but Mary is a frequent identity in our media that more often than not, theres not much to report because so much has already been speculated or confirmed.

Last edited:
How long were her other deliverys how long did we wait then?

sjetajiem posted this in the other topic, so I'm gonna quote it. :flowers:

At the birth of Christian the admission at the hospital was announced by the court on October 14th at 21.00. Chistian was born October 15th at about 1.00.
At the birth of Isabella the admission at the hospital was announced by the court on April 21st at 10.00. Isabella was born April 21st 16.00.

@Sunnystar : That has to be the fastest birth I have ever heard of! :eek:

The day I have to work, is the day Mary chooses to go into Labour.
I hope for a safe delivery, and shall be checking the website as soon as I return.
I hope for a boy and a girl, so as not to outway the numbers.

Thank you Rosapru, Happy New Year to you and yours as well.

Thanks Trinny. This morning I read an article in the Herald Sun from a journalist located in Victoria. This person (I missed her name, but it was a woman), wrote that due to wedding fever in Victoria, the wedding of William and Kate is going to be aired live at 8.PM and that the football matches (something like NDV or something like that) were due to be rescheduled ... You know in France nothing like that can happen reschedule football matches because of a wedding... that is why I love so much royalty, it's something special, very special

Thanks to those who have answered my questions. I'll try to hold up a bit longer seems we're close to her usual timing in terms of delivery.

Kronprinsparrets tvillinger får to kanon-salutter - Politiken.dk

A few details about what will happen, when the births have taken place.

At the first noon after the births have taken place two 21 gun salutes will be fired from the battery at Kronborg Castle and battery Sixtus at the navy yard in Copenhagen.
The army will handle Kronborg and the navy Sixtus.

At 12.00 noon sharp the first 21 shots will be fired. Then a pause. The length of that pause will be proportional to the time between the two births. At the end of that pause the remaining 21 shots will be fired.

This is new to me, but as we haven't had a twin birth in the direct line of succession here in DK for centuries, they appear to invented a new twist to the tradition of saluting births.

It's my birthday today how exciting if they are born today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom