The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 04:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru
Thanks for clarification Tarlita and Greenways. I was in australian this summer (brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Hobart). I really enjoy my trip (3 weeks), not to hot because it was winter for australia, but terrific memories. We do the 2nd leg of our trip this summer (Adelaïde, Perth and Alice S.). I was surprise of the kindness of people, the very good restaurants we went in (a lot of french master chef are now in australia), I went to Bondi Beach (too col 14° for a swim). At the time I was very very surprised Mary was not a hot and top topic to discuss. In fact people were more interested if William was about to be engaged to Kate Middleton. And there was nearly no coverage on Mary pregnancy. I was really sad for this. Do you know why thsi has faded? because the coupe come on a regular basis to australia? I know my post is not related to the twin birth, but we have to wait until the birth so ... we have to discuss for waiting ... Many thanks for answers and viva denmark ... (hope to go to scandinavia one day, sweden is - I was told - a "magnifique" country. Happy new year for all (it's still time)
I watched a video of Mary in Australia she was at a crowded shopping mart and she had lunch in the area and what surprised me was that no one seemed to care! They would give her a glance and walk right by her. Maybe Australians see Mary as a "regular person". I do wonder too why she's faded.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:47 AM
Courtier

Can I just say that a good majority of the press here in Australia is owned by Rupert Murdoch and everyone knows how anti royal he is. Perhaps that is why the press here have not gone with a big story yet. Not until the couple leave the hospital each one holding a baby. And then they will give it ample coverage.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Do you know why thsi has faded?
It's not so much that interest in Mary has faded per say, but Mary is a frequent identity in our media that more often than not, theres not much to report because so much has already been speculated or confirmed.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-08-2011, 04:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
How long were her other deliverys how long did we wait then?
sjetajiem posted this in the other topic, so I'm gonna quote it.

At the birth of Christian the admission at the hospital was announced by the court on October 14th at 21.00. Chistian was born October 15th at about 1.00.
At the birth of Isabella the admission at the hospital was announced by the court on April 21st at 10.00. Isabella was born April 21st 16.00.

@Sunnystar : That has to be the fastest birth I have ever heard of!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The day I have to work, is the day Mary chooses to go into Labour.
I hope for a safe delivery, and shall be checking the website as soon as I return.
I hope for a boy and a girl, so as not to outway the numbers.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:52 AM
Nobility

Thank you Rosapru, Happy New Year to you and yours as well.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Nobility

Thanks Trinny. This morning I read an article in the Herald Sun from a journalist located in Victoria. This person (I missed her name, but it was a woman), wrote that due to wedding fever in Victoria, the wedding of William and Kate is going to be aired live at 8.PM and that the football matches (something like NDV or something like that) were due to be rescheduled ... You know in France nothing like that can happen reschedule football matches because of a wedding... that is why I love so much royalty, it's something special, very special
Heir Apparent

Thanks to those who have answered my questions. I'll try to hold up a bit longer seems we're close to her usual timing in terms of delivery.
Heir Apparent

Kronprinsparrets tvillinger får to kanon-salutter - Politiken.dk

A few details about what will happen, when the births have taken place.

At the first noon after the births have taken place two 21 gun salutes will be fired from the battery at Kronborg Castle and battery Sixtus at the navy yard in Copenhagen.
The army will handle Kronborg and the navy Sixtus.

At 12.00 noon sharp the first 21 shots will be fired. Then a pause. The length of that pause will be proportional to the time between the two births. At the end of that pause the remaining 21 shots will be fired.

This is new to me, but as we haven't had a twin birth in the direct line of succession here in DK for centuries, they appear to invented a new twist to the tradition of saluting births.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Aristocracy

It's my birthday today how exciting if they are born today!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1948 View Post
It's my birthday today how exciting if they are born today!
They'll be soon I bet. Happy Birthday!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:02 AM
Aristocracy

Tv2 news are now reporting that the "informationschef" is standing in the hall now, wich points to something soon being announced. :)
Old 01-08-2011, 05:04 AM
Aristocracy

how does the announcement work? is it frederik telling the papers, or some PR person, or the doctors?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:05 AM
Aristocracy

AHHH. I'm so excited!
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMaria View Post
Tv2 news are now reporting that the "informationschef" is standing in the hall now, wich points to something soon being announced. :)
Is TV2 more informative that DR? I can't figure it out ._. DR is sending everything twice, almost no news.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Nobility

Tink Happy Birthday to you !
Old 01-08-2011, 05:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz View Post
how does the announcement work? is it frederik telling the papers, or some PR person, or the doctors?
I think that there'll be an official announcement from the court first & then after a while, CP Frederik will announce it.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Is TV2 more informative that DR? I can't figure it out ._. DR is sending everything twice, almost no news.
I think tv2 is a bit more updated yes. Actually, I always prefer tv2.

To correct myself, it is of course Lene Balleby who has now showed up at the hospital, which means it wont be long know.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:09 AM
Nobility

can you post a link to Tv2 please SarahMaria
Old 01-08-2011, 05:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMaria View Post
I think tv2 is a bit more updated yes. Actually, I always prefer tv2.

To correct myself, it is of course Lene Balleby who has now showed up at the hospital, which means it wont be long know.
Oh damnit. I don't have access to a TV & I do not wanna pay to watch TV2 :3
Thanks for answering

Closed Thread