Old 01-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline View Post
Twin girls...
Twin girls!

Old 01-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Aristocracy

I'm just wondering how Mary was able to sneak out of the palace without every media outlet in Denmark finding out.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalEnquirer View Post
I'm just wondering how Mary was able to sneak out of the palace without every media outlet in Denmark finding out.
Crown Princess Mary must be a part-time ninja to pull that off!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessElena View Post
Old 01-08-2011, 04:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think you might be right.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:44 AM
Nobility

I'm going for fraternal girls.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:46 AM
Courtier

I hope a boy and a girl :) At least one girl, poor Isabella must be lonely being the only little princess :p
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:48 AM
Aristocracy

I know it's being trivial, but I'd really like for them to have at least one girl, but knowing the Danish Royals, it'll be twin boys. IMO, it was almost a miracle that they had Isabella!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:49 AM
Courtier

Thanks Everyone! So it has finally started...CP Mary is putting us all out of our misery! Here's hoping for 2 healthy babies and a safe delivery!
Heir Apparent

Rigshospitalet is right now under siege by 50-60 reporters.

Billed Bladet speculates that Mary has been at Rigshospitalet since last night. Friday evening Danish time) and that the delivery has been started.
Moderator Emeritus

I had no courses at university and didn't have to work during the entire week and the twins decide to arrive on the only day I have to work until late evening.
How exiting anyway.
I hope Mary and the twins will be fine!

Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Aristocracy

Oh boy, it is now 3:50 a.m where I am at the moment. I am trying so hard to stay up haha. This is the only one of Mary's pregnancies that I was here to follow, and I am assuming it may be her last one so I would really like to be here for it all.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's all over the news in Denmark, so exciting! :)
I hope it goes well & the kids & CP Mary will be fine, which I'm sure they will.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I know it's being trivial, but I'd really like for them to have at least one girl, but knowing the Danish Royals, it'll be twin boys. IMO, it was almost a miracle that they had Isabella!
Well, there could be more girls this time around, you know. Crown Princess Mary has a single brother and two elder sisters. King Frederik, Queen Margrethe's father, had three girls. Who knows, maybe Prince Christian will be surrounded by girls and he will be the over-protective big bro!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:04 AM
Royal Highness

It's finally happening Had a late sleep-in and woke up to all this Hoping for a safe delivery for mother and children (and at least one girl!)
Old 01-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Nobility

I'm thinking CP Mary is having two boys. I hope she has a boy and a girl, but I would put my money on two boys.
(now that I say that, watch her have two girls!)
Old 01-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Well, there could be more girls this time around, you know. Crown Princess Mary has a single brother and two elder sisters. King Frederik, Queen Margrethe's father, had three girls. Who knows, maybe Prince Christian will be surrounded by girls and he will be the over-protective big bro!
That could very well be! There are quite a few boys in this generation of the DRF though, with Joachim's 3 & Christian. We'll see, hopefully, very shortly how the genders will measure up.

I've been looking on twitter & I'm surprised by some people's reaction to Mary going into labor. Many people in Australia seem upset that her going into labor is headline news there. I understand their frustration, I suppose, but it is very exciting news since Mary is the closest thing they have to a princess & this will most likely be her last pregnancy. I'm an American & if any media outlets here even mentioned the birth of Mary's twins, I might do a cartwheel.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

40 % of twin births in DK are natural, the rest are by C-section.

Due to the stress of going through a twin birth there are speculations that QMII and the majority of the visitors will not visit Mary until tomorrow.

Quote:
I've been looking on twitter & I'm surprised by some people's reaction to Mary going into labor. Many people in Australia seem upset that her going into labor is headline news there.
The "readers comments" as usual? Oh, don't worry about them. For whatever reason the majority who post in the comments section bitch about something - anything in fact.

If it was announced that starvation has been eradicated forever and food shortages would be a thing of the past, they would still find something to complain about...
Old 01-08-2011, 05:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The "readers comments" as usual? Oh, don't worry about them. For whatever reason the majority who post in the comments section bitch about something - anything in fact.

If it was announced that starvation has been eradicated forever and food shortages would be a thing of the past, they would still find something to complain about...
No, it's just people on twitter. Most seem excited, but there are a few who are like "Princess Mary's in labor, what does that have to with Australia?" I was just surprised since I was under the impression that most people in Australia adore Mary & her family.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Nobility

I check too the australian press and I am totally surprised that at the present moment the press (the australian, etc...) mentioned nothing in their websites, except an article in the Herald Sun which is not very king on Mary (very strange indeed). I really love this coupe. Can australian posters here tell me if Mary is very popular, and if the press talked a lot about her during the year or just when there is a special occasion ? (I'm french so my english is not terrific, sorry for that, I hope I can explain myself correctly).