General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 17: January 2018 - June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of my nephews managed to injure their shoulders, both required surgery. One was cross country trail riding pedal poet and the other was cross country trail riding on a motocross bike. Once you are off the road sporting, stuff happens.

One thing I have noted is that when required the Danes all wear the requisite safety apparel.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/skadet-kronprins-frederik-indvier-sygehus

A video and photos of Frederik today opening a - wait for it - a hospital. Southern Jutland Hospital to be exact.

Frederik said that his family had been supportive and when asked whether he had been injured on a black route, he merely smiled.

Update.

According to Billed Bladet, which quote Frederik himself, he injured himself skiing into a rock.

I love it, rather than some daredevil tale of dareing do" by "action man" the Crown Prince, we get a 50+ year old man ruefully explaining that "stuff happens" even if you are the CP. [emoji53]

:previous:

Wonderful photos! Crown Princess Mary takes beautiful evocative photos - and she always take all her photos out in the nature.
Nice greeting from Switzerland. Although it delight my heart they get these months as a family, it’s difficult not to miss Mary and the children.

The kids have a week's 'winter break' from school this week.
I have thought about if they all will travel home to Denmark during the week as both Frederik and Mary has official events in Denmark at the end of the week.
Maybe they're all coming home during the next days or maybe Mary is just traveling home for her official duties like last time. Maybe we will see.

Last week Frederik was listed as regent from 26. February to 12. March.
I thought it was a long time he had to be away from his family thinking about how close a family they are.
And I was right; the calendar is now updated so that Frederik is regent until 2. March and here after Benedikte takes over to 12. March. I guess that means Frederik will be going back to his wife and children again.
They strike me as a family with a very close bond and I'm glad they get these months together. Something they will not regret one day they lie old in their bed and look back on life. The time they spent on their children and family. And they may not get the opportunity again the next many years.

Last edited:
Agree completely Roskilde!
Always lovely when we get some photos of the family dog. The one with Vincent is beautiful. And Mary is looking great.

Do you recall the Holck family, who tragically lost three of their four children at at terrorist attack in Sri Lanka?
You will also recall how M&F and their children attended the funeral?

https://www.bt.dk/samfund/efter-tragedien-bestseller-milliardaer-har-faaet-tvillinger

They have now had twins. Two girls and they are very delighted with the new addition to their family.
Good, may it help them heal some of their wounds.

- I suspect they decided or were perhaps even advised to have more children as soon as possible, as a part of the coping-process.
Considering their age, it's astonishingly fast they conceived these twins, and the fact that it is twins, suggest to me they got some help.
No matter what, anything that will help them and their surviving daughter is beneficial IMO.

Do you recall the Holck family, who tragically lost three of their four children at at terrorist attack in Sri Lanka?

You will also recall how M&F and their children attended the funeral?

https://www.bt.dk/samfund/efter-tragedien-bestseller-milliardaer-har-faaet-tvillinger

They have now had twins. Two girls and they are very delighted with the new addition to their family.

Good, may it help them heal some of their wounds.

- I suspect they decided or were perhaps even advised to have more children as soon as possible, as a part of the coping-process.

Considering their age, it's astonishingly fast they conceived these twins, and the fact that it is twins, suggest to me they got some help.

No matter what, anything that will help them and their surviving daughter is beneficial IMO.

Oh that is wonderful news. This won’t replace those that are gone but it’s some way to healing wounds.

The Crown Prince Family has decided that the family will leave from Switzerland and return to Denmark the Palace announced:

"In light of the worsening situation in Denmark in connection with the handling of the spread of COVID-19, the Crown Prince couple has decided that the family will leave home from Switzerland. The Crown Prince couple finds it most natural to return home and stand with the Danes in a time that requires a lot of everyone and where there is a shared responsibility for looking after each other.

On January 6, 2020, your Royal Highnesses Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine embarked on a 12-week school break at Lemania-Verbier in Switzerland. Thus, the school stay is discontinued ahead of time, and all four children, when public institutions re-open in Denmark, will continue their education at Tranegårdskolen in Gentofte."

Kronprinsfamilien vender hjem | Kongehuset

Last edited:
:previous:

A wise decision. Frederik and Mary must be in Denmark at this difficult time for everyone.

Thanks Eya.

So sad the family’s stay should end like this. They really deserved it. But it’s a wise and loving decision. This is respect. It shows a future King and Queen who will stand behind and beside their people. I very well understand Frederik and Mary feel a commitment to return home before the borders possibly close.
Wise decision, but sad for the family.
I'm glad they got the 9-10 weeks out of 12 weeks with, after all.

Last edited:
it seems hardly disruptive as they were nearing the end of their stay anyway...

Thanks Eya.

So sad the family’s stay should end like this. They really deserved it. But it’s a wise and loving decision. This is respect. It shows a future King and Queen who will stand behind and beside their people. I very well understand Frederik and Mary feel a commitment to return home before the borders possibly close.
Wise decision, but sad for the family.
I'm glad they got the 9-10 weeks out of 12 weeks with, after all.

Agreed. I'm sure it wasn't a decision they wanted to have to make but it is the right one and speaks highly of them and their willingness and ability to perform their future roles. It's also a good model for Prince Christian in his own future role as he watches his parents make a decision and more forward for the good of the country.

Agree, a wise decision for the CP couple and family to be home during this state of emergency.
I hope the kids and Mary and Frederik enjoyed this wonderful experience in Switzerland.

A pity.
But it is a very sound move.

Not only in relation to showing sympathy for the Danes in Denmark, but because it would be an odd signal to send, if they chose to stay on, while the Danish government is pleading people to reconsider going on holiday abroad, and where they go. - Verbier being a popular holiday destination.

The Johns Hopkins COVID-19 mapping shows Switzerland at 652 cases and Denmark at 617 cases. Despite not a wide spread between case numbers probably better to return to the safety and comfort of their home in Denmark and where the optics look better.

The Crown Prince Family has decided that the family will leave from Switzerland and return to Denmark the Palace announced:

"In light of the worsening situation in Denmark in connection with the handling of the spread of COVID-19, the Crown Prince couple has decided that the family will leave home from Switzerland. The Crown Prince couple finds it most natural to return home and stand with the Danes in a time that requires a lot of everyone and where there is a shared responsibility for looking after each other.

On January 6, 2020, your Royal Highnesses Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine embarked on a 12-week school break at Lemania-Verbier in Switzerland. Thus, the school stay is discontinued ahead of time, and all four children, when public institutions re-open in Denmark, will continue their education at Tranegårdskolen in Gentofte."

Kronprinsfamilien vender hjem | Kongehuset

That is sad, but completely understandable. It is important they go home to Denmark, firstly to support the Queen and to support the Danish people

The Johns Hopkins COVID-19 mapping shows Switzerland at 652 cases and Denmark at 617 cases. Despite not a wide spread between case numbers probably better to return to the safety and comfort of their home in Denmark and where the optics look better.
The optics in Denmark do not look better than in Switzerland. In fact, in the press conference given by the Danish Prime Minister and Health Minister it was stated that Denmark is now the country in Europe with the most dramatic rise in case numbers. And that's why there are quite extreme measures set now.

In my country - Austria - and also in Denmark all schools are closed from next week on. I don't know about Switzerland but if the schools are closed there too the family/children would not have a reason to stay any longer.

I hope they at least enjoyed the time they had there.

The optics in Denmark do not look better than in Switzerland. In fact, in the press conference given by the Danish Prime Minister and Health Minister it was stated that Denmark is now the country in Europe with the most dramatic rise in case numbers. And that's why there are quite extreme measures set now.

In my country - Austria - and also in Denmark all schools are closed from next week on. I don't know about Switzerland but if the schools are closed there too the family/children would not have a reason to stay any longer.

I hope they at least enjoyed the time they had there.

I interpreted Lady Daly’s comment about optics looking better in Denmark to mean it looks better for the Crown Prince and his family to be in home in Denmark rather than be living another country—not that conditions were better in Denmark.:flowers:

It's sad to hear the children have had to return to Denmark but it's for the best, especially as they are at an international school and will thus have pupils and their families travelling from several countries across the world to the school.

It's nice to say that they want to stand with the Danes, but with schools closing in Switzerland, it's the one option they had.

It's nice to say that they want to stand with the Danes, but with schools closing in Switzerland, it's the one option they had.

Or because the decision to return to Denmark has more to do with the decisions made by the Danish government...
Things have escalated very quickly in Denmark and all over the world during the past week.

The (big) decision to close schools, other institutions, send home public servants etc etc was made by the government on Tuesday, then the press release to return to Denmark not long after that and then the closing of borders.

The decision to close the Swiss schools seems to have been made on Friday. There was nothing, still isn't, about closing of the school(s) on the school website.

Big changes have been happening every few hours in most countries over the last few days and people have to make quick decisions which best suit their situation.
I believe Fred and Mary absolutely made the correct decision.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/maraton-i-koebenhavn-aflyst

The annual Copenhagen Marathon is cancelled due to the corona crisis. Not postphoned, but cancelled. It should have been held on 16. May.

So I start to worry about Royal Run 2020 this year. It will be held on 2. June, so still some time. But the hope is running out. It is such a wonderful event!
And it will be a extra pity this year where the Royal Run comes to Southern Jutland on the occasion of the celebration due to the reunion with Denmark.

Thanks, Blog Real. :flowers:

M&F starts out by talking a little about the current situation and staying at home.
Then they call their children to each give a comment.
Christian misses his friends and being able to do a bit of sports.
Isabella miss her friends but she quite likes the concept about being taught online.
Vincent says it boring!
Fine is busy with her friends on FaceTime.

In the end they send a special greeting to all in the healthcare sector and says hi and take care to everybody.

Such an honest and loving greeting from Denmark's Crown Prince family to Denmark and all our hard workers during this time ❤️
I saw it on live TV to night.

It receives countless positive comments on social media.

It's hard not to love this family. They are relatable, likeable, natural and down to earth. And then I love that Frederik & Mary never dictate what the children have to say: They all four are always allowed to answer for themselves and answer straight from the heart. We get many wonderful and honest comments out of that :D

Also posted on the DRF’s Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-SdjC-g48P/?igshid=6rw14uety8hk

From TV2:
https://underholdning.tv2.dk/2020-0...ender-en-hilsen-til-danskerne-fra-isolationen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom