General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 17: January 2018 - June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realise Mary was 48 already simply because she looks fantastic for her age!

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/t.../2020-02/a7829e90-4953-11ea-b797-127971741874
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/1.../2020-02/a77b2480-4953-11ea-be3f-ad3df35fa97c

Although I don't like paparazzi photos, it's good to see Frederik, Mary and the children doing well in Switzerland.
They seems to have two/three weeks now without need to travel home for official duties (its the official winter holiday in Denmark this coming week)

I must be a thrill for Frederik and Mary - after having dropped off their children to school - to have plenty of good quality time together. Almost like before they got kids. Good breeding ground for some romantic time ;) As we can see in the pictures Frederik and Mary celebrated Mary’s birthday on the slopes after they have dropped off the children in school. They deserves this little ‘break’ after 15 year with a tireless work schedule in the DRF and I hope now they finally have the opportunity to relax a little and gather strength - that they allow themselves to do it and thus come back with new energy. They may not get that opportunity again.

Last edited:
I'm glad that Frederik and Mary are seeing the children regularly in Switzerland. Starting a new school is daunting enough so I can imagine it is even more so in a new country that speaks a language you don't speak natively, so having familiar faces around will help the children adjust a great deal.

I'm glad that Frederik and Mary are seeing the children regularly in Switzerland. Starting a new school is daunting enough so I can imagine it is even more so in a new country that speaks a language you don't speak natively, so having familiar faces around will help the children adjust a great deal.

Mary lives with the children in Switzerland, so yes, I would hope that she sees them regularly :D

It seems Frederick is around as much as possible as well (as was already suggested).

Since their move:
* Frederick he had engagements in Switzerland and only 3 days with activities in Denmark (Jan 23 & 28 & 31).
* Mary had 2 days with engagement in Denmark (Jan 29 & 31)
So, they probably had someone come over to spend time with the children last week as both of them had activities in Denmark.

For the month of February only one engagement is scheduled for Frederick (Feb 20) and none for Mary.

It seems princess Benedikte is a bit more active these months - in support of her sister.

Oh dear, maybe a printing error somehow? It does seem really rather a strange reply to have pre-printed up IMO. Hey ho, maybe the Danish royals are trying to cut down on postage costs and are sending this to everyone who writes to them in the hope it puts them off doing so again in the future.

A mistake I guess.

A standard reply to a request, but simply sent to the wrong recipient.

Why should a secretary waste ten minutes personally writing a letter declining a request for an autograph, containing basically the same wording?

Mary is in Switzerland, I doubt anything but the most important personal letters are forwarded to her these days.

I say: Try again next year.

A mistake I guess.

A standard reply to a request, but simply sent to the wrong recipient.

Why should a secretary waste ten minutes personally writing a letter declining a request for an autograph, containing basically the same wording?

Mary is in Switzerland, I doubt anything but the most important personal letters are forwarded to her these days.

I say: Try again next year.

I agree: sounds like a mix-up in recipient. I am sure they get requests from fans asking for an autograph and picture and apparently they want to discourage that. In their opinion, it probably should be on their own initiative when they decide to send an autographed picture in respons to a birthday wish instead of a 'request' that they are expected to fulfill.

It sounds like it was indeed a mistake from the court. I hope the fan is made up for and gets a royal reply next time!

Just imagine this coming from another Princess...
I find it even strange to have a prepared reply card for the occasion somebody might ask for a signed card.
Instead of sending this reply, why not send back a photo with a facsimile signature?
A royal joke, really. Tides can turn easily, as they see know when looking back on how Switzerland was handled.

Just imagine this coming from another Princess...
I find it even strange to have a prepared reply card for the occasion somebody might ask for a signed card.
Instead of sending this reply, why not send back a photo with a facsimile signature?
A royal joke, really. Tides can turn easily, as they see know when looking back on how Switzerland was handled.

And I imagine, that had this been any other Princess you wouldn't have reacted at all....

If the court has printed cards ready it seems they do get many requests for signed photos and don't want to send such photos.

Seems obvious to me a reply was sent to the wrong person.
This lady should have received a standard reply along the lines of The Crown Princess thanks you for your good wishes and kind thoughts.
I would say a staffer messed up.

"His Royal Highness The Crown Prince suffered a minor injury in the left shoulder last week in connection with skiing in Switzerland. The Crown Prince has therefore today been examined and treated at the Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.

The treatment consisted of an uncomplicated operation, which proceeded according to plan. The shoulder injury does not affect the Crown Prince's official program."

H.K.H. Kronprinsen behandlet for skulderskade | Kongehuset

Minor enough that he could wait a few days and fly home to deal with it.
The press release says the injury happened last week and that his official calendar continues, he has an event this Thursday.

Last edited:
Royal enthusiast Katherine from Germany sent Crown Princess Mary a card to wish her well on her 38th birthday, but received a 'strange' reply

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...yal-fan-does-not-share-photos-autographs.html

This story seems to have taken a strange turn. Kat says on her site that this reply was "obviously most likely an error and something got messed up." She has no problem with the odd response from the Danish court. However, since the Daily Fail picked up the story, Kat has been bombarded with hateful messages. She has had to delete the original post and lock down her social media accounts.

Wishing the Crown Prince a speedy recovery post his surgery.

This story seems to have taken a strange turn. Kat says on her site that this reply was "obviously most likely an error and something got messed up." She has no problem with the odd response from the Danish court. However, since the Daily Fail picked up the story, Kat has been bombarded with hateful messages. She has had to delete the original post and lock down her social media accounts.
I suspect that she did request a picture - she runs a blog dedicated to writing royals and then posting the responses she gets. I actually don't have a problem with her requesting a photo but it seems like the Danes replies to well wishers do not include pictures, but other royal houses do include photos with their replies to well wishes.

Frederik does not appear to have much luck on the ski slopes. Remember when he fractured his leg in Verbier by going onto a black run.
Then undeterred he and Mary went to the USA for a business tour and Fred wore a moon boot and was on crutches.

Frederik does not appear to have much luck on the ski slopes. Remember when he fractured his leg in Verbier by going onto a black run.

I thought it was a fracture in his ankle which he got when he was sledding with one of the kids? Putting the feet down to brake.
I doubt he has problems on black runs. AFAIK, he has been skiing (in Verbier) for decades.

Last edited:
Yes you are right about that one. But I am sure there was an earlier time as well. I will try to look it up.

In march 2009 he had a fracture and was in a cast for six weeks.

Last edited:
In March 2009 Frederik fractured his leg while sledge riding with his children - or rather, in March he had an operation because of an injury he inflicted in February while sledge riding with his children in Verbier .
And later in March he went on a visit to the USA while in a cast and on crutches. This was one and the same accident and not another one (while he was on a black run) as you claim.
I don't recall another accident in Verbier, so yes please, look it up.

Last edited:
So far can only find the 2009 incident. But I will keep looking.

Daily Mail has the story about Frederik's surgery:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ed-following-skiing-accident-Switzerland.html

:previous:
Billed Bladet has listed the times Frederik has been injured:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...rik-skadet-i-schweiz-det-er-ikke-foerste-gang

Haven't got time for a summary, but I hope you can work it out anyway.

Mush more ominously BT lists a number of royal skiing accidents, including one that eventually ended up in a fatality.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/her-er-de-kongelige-skiulykker-en-af-dem-endte-fatalt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom