General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 16: August 2016 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand the rolling chair picture at all.

The pictures are lovely but there is no warmth to them, maybe it's the cold white background which makes the images looked photoshopped on.
----------------------------------------------

Re the rolling chair picture - he's a boy, it has wheels, nothing more needs to be said.

Have to agree with you about the cold white background, though. But their naturalness and smiles make up for it.

Beautiful family and darling pictures.

What is to understand about it?! A small boy running wild rolling with a chair present....! Never seen it?

IMO from these photos goes great warmth and love out.

----------------------------------------------

Re the rolling chair picture - he's a boy, it has wheels, nothing more needs to be said.

Thats fine and thats normal for a young boy to do so but as official pictures, IMO thats not my cup of tea. Maybe that could've been a picture released later not as part of the official selection.

Thats fine and thats normal for a young boy to do so but as official pictures, IMO thats not my cup of tea. Maybe that could've been a picture released later not as part of the official selection.

"On the occasion of the Crown Prince Couple's copper wedding on November 14 emits Post Greenland today a new stamp. Here is the new stamp and a number of pictures from the photo session where the images for the stamp was taken."

I could be wrong, but as I see it, the stamp and the photo taken for that was "the official picture" and the photos of the kids was just added to the post as an extra, including the photo with the chair, just because it was a nice photo.

F&M probably used the opportunity to have a couple of photos taken of their children.

"On the occasion of the Crown Prince Couple's copper wedding on November 14 emits Post Greenland today a new stamp. Here is the new stamp and a number of pictures from the photo session where the images for the stamp was taken."

I could be wrong, but as I see it, the stamp and the photo taken for that was "the official picture" and the photos of the kids was just added to the post as an extra, including the photo with the chair, just because it was a nice photo.

F&M probably used the opportunity to have a couple of photos taken of their children.

agree.
Only the family portrait is the official picture. More info on the postage stamp
https://www.stamps.gl/en/copper-wedding-anniversary-frederikmary

I love it! The pictures are great!

:previous: Bah!
A bunch of fanatic ignorants, who ruin so much for serious animal protection associations.

BB writes this week that Frederik was injured at a private birthday-event for Christian - where he and some mates jumped in trampolines. - And so did Frederik...
After the fall Frederik was seen walking to the PET-car with at least one bodyguard, while he was holding a bag of ice against his neck.

- That is perhaps not the most prudent thing to do if you have hurt your neck. And both Frederik and the PET officers should know better.
But being a man and dad myself it's preferable to play hard and cool in the presence of your children (and their friends) rather than do the sensible thing and remain where you are. :cool::ermm:

BB is pretty uninformative DRF-wise this week, so scans will eventually be uploaded in the general-thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps their doctor-friend Christian (can´t remember the name) was with them and stayed back to look after the children, but said ok for CP Frederik to walk?

The new stamp is beautiful! I still adore the fact that all three different costumes are represented with the four children, it's such a nice tribute as opposed to normally just seeing the royals in the West Greenlandic costume. And I think we can rest assured the stamp will be very well-received on Greenland :D

:previous: Bah!
A bunch of fanatic ignorants, who ruin so much for serious animal protection associations.

I absolutely couldn't agree more. Especially considering using skin and fur is an integral part of Greenlandic culture going back to the Inuits who used it to survive the cold.

I think the stamps are wonderful, and I like how candid and "in the moment" they appear to be (or at least, to me). I've never made the connection before though in the photo of them together, Christian and Isabella look a lot like each other. My favourite photo is the one of the four children together.

I absolutely couldn't agree more. Especially considering using skin and fur is an integral part of Greenlandic culture going back to the Inuits who used it to survive the cold.

That's a very good point to raise and I agree with you both. It was unnecessary for Peta to attack the CP couple about this "issue", given the circumstances.

Peta are not the credible organization they would like to be. Especially after so many outrageous claims in the past. They just sound desperate these days.

I think the photos are wonderful and warm and show the children behaving naturally. I bet they are a handful at times, as so many children can be.

(Does this belongs in this thread or in the threads of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik? To the admits: Feel free to remove it to the correct thread :flowers:)

BT newspaper's front page today: Queen Margrethe praises her daughter-in-law - I admire Mary
Ydmyg Margrethe skamroser Kronprinsesse Mary

(Google translate)

Queen Margrethe has never hide how how fond she is of her daugther-in-law, Crown Princess Mary, and in a new book she did not hide her admiration for her daughter-in-law's brave and tireless work for socially vulnerable - both nationally and internationally.

Queen Margrethe says she would not have the format to to that.
Denmark's Queen praise Crown Princess Mary for her social work at home with the Mary Foundation and the Crown Princess's engagement in the international working group 'Women Deliver', which globally works to give women the right to decide over her own body and sexuality.

"It is great. She can something that I really haven't could at her age," says the Queen, and continues:

"I'm glad it was not me who had to wait to be queen, so am I afraid that people would have thought that I was a rather empty shell," says the Queen.

"Well, I was become a Queen when I was the age that she has now, so it gave itself that there were things I didn't. But I could not had done them as she can. Conversely, Mary really masters to do such things, and I think that's really good!"

BT online only gives you a short version of Margrethe's word. I read them all in the paper version on my work today, and it's a shame BT online didn't publish them all. The Queen also talks about how fond she is of Frederik and Henrik.

Last edited:
:previous: A look at the more serious aspects of Mary's life. Could be interesting.

Any DK members going to have a look?

Thanks Eya :flowers:
Sounds good. Sounds like a very informative and serious book about Mary's big and important work with the Mary Foundation.

"A new book, written in Danish, is due to be released on 1 November about Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and her charitable endeavours.

The 200-page book entitled, Mary – Princess of the Heart has been written by Helle Bygum in collaboration with those who have worked with the Crown Princess on the Mary Fund, the Danish Refugee Council, and the Danish Heart Foundation. Her foundation, the Mary Fund, will celebrate its 10-year anniversary in 2017.

The book will give a deep look into Denmark’s Crown Princess and future queen. The aim of the biography is to explain how Her Royal Highness has redefined the meaning of being Crown Princess of Denmark. Mary – Princess of the Heart will talk about her trips across the globe fighting for the causes she holds most dear. These causes include women’s rights, domestic abuse sufferers, the lonely, and underprivileged youth. The Crown Princess has championed these causes in Greenland, Africa, Denmark, and in many other countries across the world. It will also consist of official photos, as well as family portraits.

The Mary Foundation will take centre stage in the book, and her passionate work with the Danish Heart Foundation will also be touched on. The Crown Princess lost her mother to heart disease in 1997, which has served as her inspiration for her work with the Danish Heart Foundation and the creation of the Mary Foundation.

The Crown Princess recently returned from visits to Greenland and the United States, with the former in her capacity as chairman of The Mary Foundation. While there, Her Royal Highness opened and participated in the conference entitled, “Domestic Violence – A Shared Responsibility”.

Helle Bygum is a former DR journalist, where she was employed for 24 years, with the Danish Royal Family as her focus. She has also written The Royal House Greenland, 10 years – Crown Prince Couple’s 10-year Wedding Anniversary, and Margrethe – My Life in Pictures."
ADDED:
The Danish book, which was published by Lindhardt and Ringhof, can be purchased at this link:

https://www.saxo.com/dk/mary-prinsesse-af-hjertet_helle-bygum_indbundet_9788711449844

Sounds like an interesting book and it's nice to read Queen M's quotes, she seems very fond of Mary and what she does. Im sure she knows that Mary would be a great Queen one day.

:previous: Ringhof

Then I predict a well illustrated book, often with rare photos.
A comprehensive and informative coverage.
A very positive and uncritical book.

Little bite but a safe investment for a dedicated Mary-fan.

It doesn't look like Mary herself is quoted in the book, and that detracts in my eyes.
- Not something I'll think about buying.

Last edited:
As you probably know M&F have in the past been on vacation in Tisvildeleje at north-coast of Zealand.
They lived with friends in a summer cottage there.

That cottage was owned by the Heerings, and has now been sold.
I believe this is one of the few times we have actually seen the house, that is connected to the beach via stairs:
Gigant-handel: Mary og Frederiks låne-sommerhus er solgt

A BB video where Frederik is being interviewed about his injury: VIDEO: Tilbage i fin form: Kronprins Frederik sætter ord på trampolinulykken | BILLED-BLADET

He is as usual pretty reluctant to discuss personal details regarding his family, but in short:

He is fine.
He is almost fully mobile.
He is fortunate that is injury wasn't more serious.
He does not know yet, when he can remover his collar.
He is undergoing checks.
It was fortunate, schedule wise, that the injury took place just because the Autumn holiday, so he could stay still for a couple of weeks.
The children are fine about it - they stayed with him, during the holiday very much in the same room - to me that indicates they went to Trend.
It's a bit irritating for an active man like Frederik to be inactive.

You are welcome. :)

Yes, it is. The hunting lodge in Trend.

There don't appear to be any official, let alone public, celebrations of M&F's copper anniversary.
Instead the two main networks in DK, DR1 and TV2 will mark the event with two shows.
TV2 on Sunday the 13. at 20.00 - who will go completely romantic-overdrive!
The next day, also at 20.00. DR1 will have a (slight funny, if we are lucky) view at Danes who have married and settled in Australia.

:previous:

Thanks Muhler :flowers:

Great mark from DR and TV2 of the Crown Prince Couple's copper wedding.

I can see in the DRF's official calendar that Frederik & Mary (very unusual since they always have so many weekly duties) has no official events from the middle of next week and 7 days ahead - with their copper wedding day be right in between.

I think the two lovebirds traveling somewhere and celebrate their milestone together.

Last edited:
On Monday (November 14) Frederik and Mary can celebrate their copper wedding :flowers:

When Her&Nu asked Frederik when he and Mary attended the Nordic prize Awards last week he said, that he looked very much forward to celebrate it.

Both of Denmark's main TV stations DR1 and TV2 will commemorate the occasion with broadcasts in prime time on Sunday and Monday evening.

And the media also seems to goes all in. Magazines have large additions and Billedbladet seems to cover the copper wedding massive.

Today, BB have already gave a sneak paek with a warm-up video:

https://www.facebook.com/billedbladet/videos/10154345865862928/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

KGL KOBBERBRYLLUP: Mary og Frederiks store kærlighed | BILLED-BLADET

And Billedbladet tomorrow will be published in a special edition with 122 pages and it will be agian next week.

There is no tradition of official celebrating copper wedding in the DRF and there wont be official celebration of the Crown Prince Couple's copper wedding. And with F&M don't have any official events the next 7 days, I think the two maybe go on a trips together and celebrate the anniversary.

However, I think we will get new official photos on the day from the Court. On the occasion of the Crown Prince Couple's 10-year wedding anniversary in 2014, we got not less than 14 wonderful new pictures.

As you probably know M&F have in the past been on vacation in Tisvildeleje at north-coast of Zealand.
They lived with friends in a summer cottage there.

That cottage was owned by the Heerings, and has now been sold.
I believe this is one of the few times we have actually seen the house, that is connected to the beach via stairs:
Gigant-handel: Mary og Frederiks låne-sommerhus er solgt

Good heavens, am I reading the price correctly? Twenty million kroner for a smallish beach house? I had no idea Danish property prices had also exploded: welcome to the reality of Toronto where the average house costs 1.5 million dollars!:bang:

Good heavens, am I reading the price correctly? Twenty million kroner for a smallish beach house? I had no idea Danish property prices had also exploded: welcome to the reality of Toronto where the average house costs 1.5 million dollars!:bang:

Yes, the prices are quite insane in that area.
In other (and still attractive places mind you) in DK you can easily get five more luxurious summer cottages for the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom