General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 15: January 2016 - August 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #14, 2016.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

The 160 kilometer Arctic Circle Race took place in the low mountains around the town of Sisimut.
There were very few spectators along the route, so the participants were alone with their own fatigue, their inner voice screaming to quit, the wind and the nature.
Frederik had signed up with an old mate from the Frogman Corps, Søren Bredvig. (You can see him behind Frederik in the first pic of the article posted below).

The winner was a Greenlander, Martin Møller, who finished in nine hours 54 minutes. But Frederik has no reason be ashamed, finishing in place 52, in sixteen hours, nine minutes and seventeen seconds.
And Frederik was very much cheered on by the locals!

During the race he gave a brief interview: "It's about keeping yourself going as much as possible the whole time, but there is certainly also time to look out and enjoy this here fantastic terrain which the track runs across. That in itself is a huge experience in this race.
The motivation is really good and now we are soon going home and towards the finishing line. The mood is high and rising. It's a boost to have the place in the field, where I am. That I think is very good. Very suitable.
Greenland really means a lot to me. It's people and it's nature. And that you on top of that can combine it with a fantastic cross country skiing, makes it again a good wholesome here in in Greenland. (*)
I will certainly tell all my children about how fantastic skiing is. I think it's totally unique, but it's certainly not something they should begin contemplating until they are eighteen, nineteen, twenty years old. It's hard going".

(*) One of Frederik's "sprogblomster" = literally language-flowers, or flowery expressions.

See more here: https://app.box.com/s/hklp1e47tjo41fchxoo1c05eb2zt7dsq

And 3 Cheers for all the volunteers waiting at the checkpoints for the competitors. That couldn't be easy just waiting around in cold Temps.

And 3 Cheers for all the volunteers waiting at the checkpoints for the competitors. That couldn't be easy just waiting around in cold Temps.

Agree. But it looks like they had a blast as well (such great attitudes)
cute video of the volunteers dancing the cold away and cheering :lol:
De frivillige i Sisimiut når de er bedst???#arcticcirclerace #sisimiut... | Iconosquare

and a selfie with CP Frederik :wub:
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t...g?ig_cache_key=MTIyMTI1MDc0ODU2OTU3NDI1Ng==.2

Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik tops the list in a new study that shows who the Danes would like the most to be in the company of when they eat for the evening.

And what can we use that to?

Well, no other than it (again again again) shows how incredibly popular and beloved Frederik and Mary are in the Danish population. There is not one of those studies where Mary and Frederik are not the two who top the list. The Danes love them. No doubt about that.

Danskerne vil spise aftensmad med Mary og Frederik | BILLED-BLADET

Last edited:
:previous:

This is Denmark :clap:

There you go as a tourist and take a pictures and look at the Amalienborg Palace - and suddenly mommy Mary - aka Crown Princess Mary - is cycling out the castle to bring her children to kindergarten.

We see it time after time after time with Frederik and Mary ..

I Love it! :D

This was yesterday the 12th April :)
Quality time before two busy days with state visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: This was yesterday the 12th April :)
Quality time before two busy days with state visit.

I bet. especially after her two weeks away at Harvard:flowers:
got to enjoy that cargo bike, in a year or so, I dont think the twins will fit in there

As it is my very clear impression that Frederik and Mary on a daily basis deliver and pick up their children from school and kindergarten themselves.. Hands-on parents.. So let's have a look on how practically near Vincent's and Josephine's kindergarten is to the Crown Prince family's home.

5 minutes by bike.

Attachments

• Unavngivet.jpgælkjh.jpg
    Unavngivet.jpgælkjh.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
:previous: thank you for the map Roskilde, it helps picturing things :flowers:
Im glad this is the culture in Denmark, to bike everywhere. and that Frederik and Mary make the time to do this, keeps them in shape too ;)

Anyone who have seen any information or pictures from this event for the Crown Prince Couple from earlier in this week? It's entered on the calendar at the new kongehuset website.

http://kongehuset.dk/kalender/kronprinsparret-til-stede-ved-aabning-af-huset

12. APRIL 2016, KL. 14:30
Kronprinsparret til stede ved åbning af Huset

12 April 2016, 2:30 pm
The Crown Princely Couple attend the opening of 'Huset'.

Last edited:
Anyone who have seen any information or pictures from this event for the Crown Prince Couple from earlier in this week? It's entered on the calendar at the new kongehuset website.

Kronprinsparret til stede ved åbning af Huset | Kongehuset - Forside

12. APRIL 2016, KL. 14:30
Kronprinsparret til stede ved åbning af Huset

12 April 2016, 2:30 pm
The Crown Princely Couple attend the opening of 'Huset'.

interesting. I had not seen this on their calendar, must have missed it.
What is Huset?

I think that's a new entry as I have not seen it on their calendar. Maybe it was a private event which the court decided to add later but with no pictures.

Found this on twitter, seems like a good cause :flowers:
https://twitter.com/PlasticChange/status/723020962606641153
Plastic Change ‏@PlasticChange Apr 20 The Crown Prince Couple has donated 200.000 DKK and secures our expedition to the Pacific this year.

Plastic Change is an international organisation based in Denmark that works to raise awareness about the consequences of the increasing pollution of plastic in the seas and environment.
About Plastic Change

letter they received from the palace

https://www.facebook.com/plasticcha...6977185497434/428750997320051/?type=3&theater

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Polyesco.

She's got good reviews the good Adele. And the article says that Bella was dancing and taking pics with her mobile - that's typical of her. :lol:
While dad was having a beer. :cheers:
Dad and daughter outings are great and necessary and you certainly get another perspective on many things from that! :p

I see Frederik continues to have a very close relationship with his pockets...
Well, the weather may have been good today, but summer ain't here yet!

BB has more about the dad-daughter outing: Kronprins Frederik og prinsesse Isabella til Adele-koncert i Forum | BILLED-BLADET

Frederik and Bella arrived alone (and not with an adult female friend as Ekstra Bladet for whatever reason wrote in a caption!) at 20.00 when the concert started and left again around 22.00.

:previous: :lol: It's like a zombie-virus! :ninja::eek: Soon everyone will be walking with their hands in their pockets.
Yeah, I know. It's a weird universe inside my head, but it's fun. - That's what my psychiatrist tell me. :p

Ekstra Bladet has changed the caption to one picture. The Warnøe-couple, friends of M&F were there too. I guess it's their daughter (if they have one?) who is standing behind Bella.

Ekstra Bladet has changed the caption to one picture. The Warnøe-couple, friends of M&F were there too. I guess it's their daughter (if they have one?) who is standing behind Bella.

I am guessing it's Ellen Hillingsø's daughter.

Thanks, Polyesco.

She's got good reviews the good Adele. And the article says that Bella was dancing and taking pics with her mobile - that's typical of her. :lol:
While dad was having a beer. :cheers:
Dad and daughter outings are great and necessary and you certainly get another perspective on many things from that! :p

Indeed! Sure Frederik and Bella had a lovely dad and daughter time :)

Short video of Isabella being beyond excited. Looks like with a friend
https://media.scribblelive.com/2016/5/3/4903a6f2-ced0-4b20-b057-b5b7d1a821b7.mp4

Love that clip :D Bella looks like a real fan, so excited :D
It indeed looks like Ellen Hillingsøe's daughter. The young Hillingsøe family have become very close to F&M and children.

What a lovely video. Isabella looks approximately as excited as I would have, had I been at the concert :D

I am guessing it's Ellen Hillingsø's daughter.

It's not, it's one of the two Warnøe daughters – the youngest, I believe.

:previous: I think it is wonderful that Frederik makes time for individual outings with each of his kids. It is precious time and time remembered as you grow up and older. My dad had 4 daughters and every Christmas, Mother's Day and her Birthday came around he would take us all to the shopping centre to a Drapery run by a man who had discovered a whole new customer base . . . men that wanted to buy something nice for the wife but were intimidated by "posh or fancy stores" and their snooty shop assistants in stores in town.

Each time we would all pour over the offerings, beautiful romantic nightwear, gorgeous underwear and slip sets, marvelous and beautiful things that we all got to enjoy buying, all in their pretty boxes, along with the obligatory 4 pairs of nylons, one from each of their girls. They were moments we all share even now when we look back on our lives and realise our dad was more than a wee a bit ahead of his time.

So, with Fred spending quality time with each of his children, I think even better of him because each of them will have such precious memories too.

I'm just watching a Mary making of a princess ..... It's rather good compaired to some of the stuff they do have made , but not keen how they show the queen to be like

Last edited:
:previous: I've only seen the trailers. If it ever becomes available again on YouTube or DVD, I hope someone will let us know. I've heard that it's rather cheesy, but I want to see it anyway. :p

:previous: I've only seen the trailers. If it ever becomes available again on YouTube or DVD, I hope someone will let us know. I've heard that it's rather cheesy, but I want to see it anyway. :p

It's very cheesy but I enjoyed it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom