General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 14: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The photo of Fred and Nikolai embracing brings tears to my eyes. So, so beautiful.

:wub: Can TRF introduce a "this thread features adorable pictures" klaxon?

Portrait of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark. Now in Amalienborg Palace, Copenhagen. (Katherine Scrivens Nielsen (Born in Bristol, England now living in Denmark.) is an artist who has worked with the theme 'feminine expressionism' for over 20 years.)
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/10/crown-princess-mary-portrait-by.html
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/10/crown-princess-mary-portrait-by.htmlHorrible
Horrible portrait, I guess the artist is no friend of the DRF. I don't see any 'feminine expressionism' here.

While I don't like the portrait itself I think the colours are lovely and very "Scandinavian".

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Portrait of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark. Now in Amalienborg Palace, Copenhagen. (Katherine Scrivens Nielsen (Born in Bristol, England now living in Denmark.) is an artist who has worked with the theme 'feminine expressionism' for over 20 years.)
If a likeness is intended, the artist didn't do very well :ermm:
It's probably on the wall down in the basement or in the attic at Amalienborg....

I think I know which photo of Mary was used to paint it.

The portrait doesn't resemble Mary at all. If I didn't know it was Mary I wouldn't have recognised her. The Danes aren't well-served by their portrait painters IMO. They get paintings like this insipid portrayal of their Crown Princess or the Children of the Corn stuff in the portrait of the DRF of a few years ago.

^^^ Children of the Corn...yikes that was an awful painting.

While I don't like the portrait itself I think the colours are lovely and very "Scandinavian".

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I like it but IMO it does not look like Mary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear. First the Kluge portrait of the family and now this. :ohmy: Maybe it's hanging next to the Kluge painting. The colors are nice, though.

The Danes aren't well-served by their portrait painters IMO. They get paintings like this insipid portrayal of their Crown Princess

But this portrait is not commissioned by Mary or the DRF, I think?!
The artist is "Katherine Scrivens Nielsen (Born in Bristol, England now living in Denmark.") and I would guess she sent it as a gift to Amalienborg.

More examples of her work...The Duchess of xxxx (?) Or is she a Princess? And Queen Margrethe.
http://katherinescrivens.com/the-royal-portraits/

Last edited:
:previous: Exactly. This is "just" a private artist who has found inspiration of pictures found in Billedbladet and painted a portrait of Crown Princess Mary, Queen Margrethe and Duchess Cathrine. And IIRC the paintings are years old now. I'm quite sure I have seen them before.

Her portrait of Queen Margrethe:
https://katherinescrivens.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/img_0879.jpg?w=764&h=1019

Her portrait of the Duchess Cathrine:
https://katherinescrivens.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/img_2530.jpg?w=683&h=1024

Last edited:
And a future event for the Crown prince family on November first :flowers:

Kronprinsfamilien er til stede ved Hubertus Jagt i Dyrehaven kl. 9.40
"Crown Prince family is present at the Hubertus Hunt in the Deer Park at. 9.40"

Hopefully this means all 4 kids, I dont think the twins have attended yet.
And as far as I understand, this is not a hunt. Use to be but know its a horse competition :flowers:

previous years
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/157124164-members-of-the-danish-royal-family-watch-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QcS5Cfzh7BzjP3y%2FDcF0YaKyCXD7xQQ0671wtaMvJXZmAEWsmPjr%2B5QRr6C4AsHdKg%3D%3D
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/54...j368E88sgAJW+fBXXT57KXU5JBSaMAkMKorgsNw4NkQ==
I think this year, the Frederik and Mary were seen with the twins going for a walk
http://us.hellomagazine.com/imagene...abella-hunting/0-49-973/danish-royals3--z.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0MlNFSZ3uNY/Ul2agw7dNOI/AAAAAAAAV8w/CzBhdYhpTkk/s400/0b93.jpg

one year, grandpa John took Isabella and Christian (if i remember i think Frederik and Mary were out of the country on a business trip)
http://us.hellomagazine.com/imagene...-mary/children/grandfather/0-3-978/3978-b.jpg

Last edited:
And a future event for the Crown prince family on November first :flowers:

Kronprinsfamilien er til stede ved Hubertus Jagt i Dyrehaven kl. 9.40
"The Crown Prince family is present at the Hubertus Hunt in the Deer Park at. 9.40"

Is it the Crown Prince Family who will attend this year's Hurbertus hunt? Yeah :blush:

It's some years since last time. It will be Vincent and Josephine's first time to attend Hurbertus. I'm convinced they will add life and joy - I'm more than sure Josephine enthusiastically will make sure to receive all gifts and flowers from the riders if they bring such stuff - not to mention Vincent who will be perfect to cheer on the riders (who doesn't remember him shouting "run, run, run" for each and every single hundreds cows at 'The Eco Day' in May? :lol:

ADDED:
I just took a look at the updated royal calendar for the next 14 days. Some busy weeks for especially Mary.. (We posters will get a busy time to reach covering all the events in the threads the next 14 days)

Kalender - Kongehuset

Last edited:
:previous:
I agree. Vincent and Josephine will be a delight to see. Im sure they will enjoy seeing the horses and riders jump through the lakes. And Christian and Isabella are already little pros in greeting the riders.

Yes busy weeks for both. Frederik is regent until the 27th and Mary has quite a number of public events lined up.

The family at the hunt will be nice as its one day before Frederik goes to South Africa with a Danish Business delegation and Mary goes to the Netherlands for a Women's conference :flowers:

The DM copypaste from Australia New (No) Idea - what did you expect ;-)

1. It's the weakest foundation for a story I've seen so far from DM.
2. It's over one year old.
3. Mary's family has visited and lived home at F&M up to several weeks in a row during the last year, last time was less than one month ago.

Last edited:
:previous: If this discussion took place, who says the person discussed is Mary? Mary was on an official visit in Greenland on the day in question, and for another 3 days after that. She couldn't be in Rome. After the official visit, she had nothing on the official agenda for a week. She could have gone to Italy after that or her siblings could have visited Dk. I'm pretty sure, that they can travel to Dk without anyone noticing....Or they all met in France at their father's and Susan's. Lots of possibilities, if one doesn't jump to a conclusion right away...;)

I find it really hard to believe, that John Donaldson would write something like that about any of his daughters. Maybe he is referring to John's wife? "Didn't she go with you".

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that these profiles are fake and the whole 'story' is something the police should look into.

:previous: You are absolutely correct! I have just done a short research. And these profiles ARE fake. Where do todays journalists take their education? This is really mean did.

The fake profile of John in the DM article is this:
https://www.facebook.com/john.donaldson.779205

2 pictures with no likes or comments.
Zero friends.
He is married to a also fake Susan Donaldson profile.

Mary's real father has a real profile with real pictures, comments and friends. As has Susan and Mary's siblings. (As I have respect for privacy i wont post the real Facebook profiles here)

God, this is really mean and disrespectful did. Shame on those journalists...

ADDED:

See. This is a serious reason for the Danish Royal Court to go out and deny. This is identity misrepresentation! I certainly hope they do.

Last edited:

ADDED:

See. This is a serious reason for the Danish Royal Court to go out and deny. This is identity misrepresentation! I certainly hope they do.

Thanks both of you :previous:
I can't see that the Danish Court has anything to do with this. Or? Isn't it more a case of if the two John's want to do something about it.

Last edited:
There are lots of weirdos out there, fake facebook profiles, tumblr, if Mary's family bother to file charges they will but that's a private matter unless there are fake profiles of Mary, Fred etc involved.

Thanks both of you :previous:
I can't see that the Danish Court has anything to do with this. Or? Isn't it more a case of if the two John's want to do something about it.

There are lots of weirdos out there, fake facebook profiles, tumblr, if Mary's family bother to file charges they will but that's a private matter unless there are fake profiles of Mary, Fred etc involved.

I can see that. But if the Danish royal family's new way is to 'go out and comment on stories they find far over the limit' - this must be one of them as this is all fake.

Do you know what I think? These fake profiles were created while it was publicly made the Australian love story of F&M would be made. No activity on the profiles since then. Now 'someone' suddenly find them after a year and brings this false story one month before the Australian movie has premiere. This is a tacky and bad advertisement for Ch 10 tele movie about F&M's love story.

ADDED:
The picture of the fake brother 'John' is also fake. It isn't John, but another man.

Last edited:
Funny enough...

https://www.facebook.com/john.donaldson.779205?fref=ts

The fake profile of "John Donaldson" which New Idea has used has now been deleted from Facebook. Mary's real father's real Facebook profile is still there.

How can journalists make this kinds of stories? They know it will be discovered.

Let's hope the Danish media not just copy paste this..

ADDED:
Now the fake profil of "Mary's brother John Donaldson" which New Idea/DM used has been deleted from Facebook too...
https://www.facebook.com/john.donaldson.779205?fref=ts

Mary's real brother's real Facebook profile are of course still there.

Last edited:
I saw the DailyMail story yesterday night, and immediately went to facebook to look lol.
They jumped out as fake profiles right away. Sadly now, anyone can create a fake profile, all you need is a few pictures or to know some basic information, and people will believe its real. (I had this done to a cousin of mine, someone created a fake profile in their name, the picture is of the person, but what they post is really out there and she is trying to get it deleted) :bang:

The Dates didnt match up, as they were in Rome, August 5-6, 2014. Mary and Frederik with family were on an official trip to Greenland from August 1-9 2014. Surely her father would not ask if "Mary" was invited knowing that Mary was in Greenland.

When the profiles were still "live"
Plus, I clicked on another post from "john" and found a "Madeline O'Neil" commenting on his post about Eurovision :ROFLMAO:. This Madeline had the official picture of princess Madeline but nothing since 2014. It looked more than fake

This is really sad and scary

Last edited:
I've had a look at the Danish papers, who these days copy paste big time from Daily Mail, so they should be aware of this story by now.

None seems to have picked it up, probably because they have done just a little checking and concluded, just like us, that this most likely is a fake Facebook account.

- Annoying because some will inevitable believe this garbage.
And it is peculiar, methinks, that the new film about M&F's relationship, which otherwise no one bother commenting on, is featured so prominently in this article.

:previous: great, maybe some in the Danish media have some sense. :flowers:

Just a little bit of research showed that these were fake, especially with the Madeline O'Neil part lol
Plus that dates not matching up.

Im glad the profiles were deleted, huge violation for the Donaldsons, who I believe have been very discreet in all these years

:previous: It seems so. :)

I'm pretty busy these days, so I could have missed something, but as far as I am aware the Danish press has not mentioned the Daily Mail story at all.
And by now they should be fully aware of it.
So it seems like they too have concluded that this is at best a hoax.

The story has now hit the Danish papers, but it is being denied firmly by the court:
Kongehuset raser: Kronprinsesse Mary udstillet af verdens største avis - Royale | www.bt.dk

BT summarize the story and here is what Lene Balleby from the PR office says: "We notice that it is a case of obvious identity-theft. It is unfortunately way too easy to create fake profiles and in the case it is the brother's identity that has been misused".

Vi konstaterer, at der er tale om et åbenlyst misbrug. Det er desværre alt for nemt at lave falske profilsider, og i det her tilfælde er det brorens identitet, der er blevet misbrugt,«

BT has a follow up on the story: Mary udstillet på nettet: Derfor reagerer Kongehuset så kraftigt - Kendte | www.bt.dk

They have (as usual) asked the DRF expert, Lars Hovbakke Sørensen, to comment and believe the DRF felt compelled to comment on this story, because it is so easy to set up false profiles on various social media like Facebook and because it as a consequence of that is easy to spread false rumors worldwide and very fast.

There have always been rumors and gossip about the royals and they have refrained from commenting on those, but in regards to the wildest there is a need for the royals to go out and deny.

BT continue with the story: Se billedet, der fik Kongehuset til at rase: Sådan blev Marys falske 'familie' afsløret - Royale | www.bt.dk

The photo, supposed to be of Mary's brother is not him, and while it was indeed taken in Italy it was not in Rome, but Milan, in the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele that has a very distinct tiling on the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good.

It's extremely infringing and disrespectful journalism to create fake profiles to invent "a story".

I'm sorry for Mary's family which names have been abused. Also for Mary. She's a fantastic hard working top representative of the DRF and doesn't deserve this.

But yes, I fear it's the future of today's young King and Queen and heir-to-the-throne couple in a world where journalists are doing everything for invent a story. If there are royals where there isn't any 'drama' to write about? They just invent some...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom