Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Well...now that the Happy news is out about Mary's pregnancy...I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a name for the littlel Prince or Princess.

It was a given fact (at least in my eyes) that Fred & Mary's son would be named Christian...as it is a long standing Danish tradition to alternate between Frederick and Christian. SO...any ideas for a 2nd son or a first daughter.

I am thinking Ingrid Maria for a daughter. I am clueless for a boy cause let's face it.....Frederick, Valdemar, and Christian are all being used by Frederick, Christian, Joachim, Felix and Nikolas!

I don't think Ingrid will be used as the first name but very possible as the 2nd or 3rd name. Think that Henrietta, or perhaps the Danish version Henriette, is a safe bet. Could well be the first of the names.

If it is a boy hmmm... perhaps the name of Frederik's paternal grandfather? Or Axel - has been used as a princely name before.
Zonk said:
Well...now that the Happy news is out about Mary's pregnancy...I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a name for the littlel Prince or Princess.

It was a given fact (at least in my eyes) that Fred & Mary's son would be named Christian...as it is a long standing Danish tradition to alternate between Frederick and Christian. SO...any ideas for a 2nd son or a first daughter.

I am thinking Ingrid Maria for a daughter. I am clueless for a boy cause let's face it.....Frederick, Valdemar, and Christian are all being used by Frederick, Christian, Joachim, Felix and Nikolas!

I always liked the name Renee, don't know how Danish that would be but it is the name of Prince Henrik's mother. I think they might use Ingrid, since Frederik was close to her, maybe hyphanated name.

But just think Christian wasn't baptised until he was three months old, which means we won't know the name of the new baby until sometime in August next year.

If it's a girl I wouldn't be surprised if they would name her Mary Elizabeth. That's the name of the crown princess of course, but it's also the name of Mary's grandma. Although, they might have a grandaughter named that.

What about Alexandrine for a girl? That might be a little close to Alexandra though.

If it's a little Princess I think Ingrid will definetly be a top choice for the family...Because Frederick loved his grandmother so much and she was an admirable queen.
But they might look to other names of other danish queens: Dagmar, Louise, Alexandrine...I like Dagmar as a choice, personally.
And a boy? I hope they dont go all "loopy"....I must admit, that I didnt believe it, when Alexandra and Joachim named boy nr 2 Felix..Remember thinking to myself "Did she give birth to a cat????:wacko: "
But if its a boy, they have a lot of freedom about the name traditionally...
I like Axel....

I feel since they, understandably, used a traditional name last time,
they will choose an untraditional first name this time
and maybe some grandmothers' names as 2nd, 3rd and 4th names.

Guess the sex of Princess Mary's baby

This is a thread dedicated to guessing the gender of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's baby, who will be born in May 2007.

I guessed boy. I have this feeling QMII won't be blessed with any granddaughters.

My vote is for a beautiful little princess.

Girl: Alexandrine Margrethe Ingrid Louise

Boy: Georg Joachim Axel Frederik

I love Alexandrine (although I do agree that its close to Alexandra) and Axel! What about a take on Axel..if its a girl...maybe Alexis or a Alexia.

And while checking out wikipedia to look for some traditional Danish names...I ran into Knud...what do you think of that? It was the name of the Queen's Uncle.

christinacg said:
I guessed boy. I have this feeling QMII won't be blessed with any granddaughters.
Please don't say that :sad: - I'm trying to be optimistic and have guessed twin girls:) It's been more than 60 years since a princess was born in Denmark - it's about time now!

I vote a beautiful little girl. I would bring some change in the family where there are only grandsons.

What was the name of Mary's mother? Does anybody know?

Oppie said:
I always liked the name Renee, don't know how Danish that would be but it is the name of Prince Henrik's mother. I think they might use Ingrid, since Frederik was close to her, maybe hyphanated name.

But just think Christian wasn't baptised until he was three months old, which means we won't know the name of the new baby until sometime in August next year.

Well in Denmark Rene is a boy name so i doubt they will choose that for a girl :) I think if its a boy Christoffer (Name of a coulple of danish kings). A girl I hope Astrid (and i am so sure they will use the names Ingrid and Henrietta too)

betina said:
Well in Denmark Rene is a boy name so i doubt they will choose that for a girl :)

The french spelling for a girl is Renée: it is the french version of the german Renate or Italien Renata.

If it is a girl, they will probably call her Ingrid as Frederik loved her grandma so much. For a boy, they will choose a name not necessary in line with the royal family's tradition.

I voted for twin boys, but accidentaly. I intended to vote for a girl, though I guess twins would be just great! :rolleyes:

A girl would be nice, but most people these days seem to have only either or, never both.

Girl:
- Anne
- Frederika
- Sophia
- Isabella

Boy:
- Eric
- Nicolas
- Gustaf
- Alexander

Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta

or

(new name with no royal history) + Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta

Ctejnoe said:
If it's a little Princess I think Ingrid will definetly be a top choice for the family...Because Frederick loved his grandmother so much and she was an admirable queen.
But they might look to other names of other danish queens: Dagmar, Louise, Alexandrine...I like Dagmar as a choice, personally.
And a boy? I hope they dont go all "loopy"....I must admit, that I didnt believe it, when Alexandra and Joachim named boy nr 2 Felix..Remember thinking to myself "Did she give birth to a cat????:wacko: "
But if its a boy, they have a lot of freedom about the name traditionally...
I like Axel....
Ingrid Dagmar Louise Alexandrine would be a really adorable name! :wub:

Last edited:
What about something like this?

Ingrid Elizabeth Dagmar Louise Margarethe

I really like the name Dagmar.

Or: Dagmar Elizabeth Henrietta Ingrid Margarethe

Did I spell the Queens name correctly?

Last edited:
If the new baby were to be a girl, Alexandrine would be perfect.

Dagmar, I love, along with Louise.

On the flipside, if the new baby were to be a boy, I believe Soren would be a nice choice.

GlitteringTiaras said:
If the new baby were to be a girl, Alexandrine would be perfect.

Dagmar, I love, along with Louise.

On the flipside, if the new baby were to be a boy, I believe Soren would be a nice choice.

I like the name Soren. Wasn't that the name of Prince Edvard's butler guy in "The Prince and Me?" That'd be a really cute nod to that movie if Fred and Mary picked THAT name for a boy! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom