Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I'm thinking

For a girl
Emma
Anna
Caroline
Olivia
Charolotte
Ella
Rebecca

For a boy
Victor
James
Daniel

Rebecca - Elisabeth Adrinana Henrietta Mary
or
Wilhelm Jakob Frederik Valdermar Carl

Xeara said:
"Thyra Dagmar Ingrid Margrethe"...
I think that sounds just perfect.

However, I'm afraid Frederik & Mary will bring something modern and unexpected into it. Plus they will also (have to) include Henrietta in a girl's name.

I would like to see a little princess Lillian too. Lillian Margrethe Ingrid Henrietta. (not that I really like Henrietta but I think it's kind of mandatory :ermm: )

Those of you looking for a nickname for Dagmar: Daisy of course (which is also Queen Margrethe's internal nickname)

Since this princess (?) isn't anywhere close to the throne they might also go for Princess Kylie Britney Paris Madonna. :wacko:

Another nice girl's name would be: Ania Ingrid Dagmar Henrietta

How about a *designer* baby...using Mary's favourite fashion designers as inspiration...

Prince Hugo Giorgio Prada Pedro
or
Princess Miuccia Coco Malene Dior

I Can only Think of Boys name (That means itll probably be a girl lol) :)

Denmark already have three princes,it's time to have a princess.

Last edited:
I just posted in another thread about the lenght of royal names. Have you seen the eleven (!) names which QMII's cousin Elisabeth has:

Elisabeth Caroline-Mathilde Alexandrine Helena Olga Thyra Feodora Estrid Margarethe Désirée.

One of her own nieces is named Feodora as well. Caroline and Mathilde would be nice names for a little princess, I think. Lots of inspiration to be found in princess Elisabeth's names!

I just thought of another contender for a Princess - I hope Mary and Fred check these forums for ideas ;)

Twin Girls (I wish)

Princess Arabella Olympia Dagmar Margrethe and

Princess Henrietta Matilda Maria Ingrid

I am hoping and wishing double double girl trouble :)

I like Dagmar for girl :flowers: and Valdemar for boy though it was used for middle names:wub: .

How aboy Godparents now :) can we make topic for that??

Just seen the posting asking why Mary's surname was Donaldson and not MacDonald. Lowland (southern) Scots did not speak Gaelic. If you go back over a thousand years, the south west part of Scotland spoke Brythonic Celtic (in other words Celtic related to Welsh and not to Scots or Irish Gaelic). The south east of Scotland was heavily influenced by Northumbria and spoke an early form of English.

As a result of this, Lowland Scots surnames end in 'son' - see Donaldson, Henderson, Paterson, Johnson, Stevenson, Jamieson. So there is a good long pedigree for the name - and no, most Macdonald's would not have had their name changed to Donaldson - at least not in Scotland.

Jo of Palatine said:
Even though the baby will be born in 2007, thus is grown-up at around 2025 and times are changing rapidly, I don't believe the Danish RF will want another "Thyra". Though the name is beautiful.

I know that somewhere in this thread we discussed the history of Princess Thyra and her illegitimate child. I found the following quote on Wikepedia

On 22 December 1878, she married Ernest Augustus II of Hanover, 3rd Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdale in Copenhagen. However, before she was a married woman, Princess Thyra had an affair with a Palace guardsman, Vilhelm Frimann Marcher (1841-1872), who was evidently not good enough to become her husband due to court etiquette and rank. A daughter, Maria Katharina, was born in 1872 in Greece and given up for adoption. She was taken in by a Danish couple, Rasmus and Anne Marie Jorgensen, and renamed Kate. She married in 1902 to a Frode Ployen-Holstein.

I never have dreams about the royals, but last night I dreamt that I was just hanging out with Frederick and Mary. We were sitting around a picnic table talking about everyday, mundane things. I remember Prince Christian was there, too AND his little sister! The thing I remember most about the dream was the princess' name: LACEY! I have no idea where that came from, but that's what they were calling her in the dream!

btsnyder said:
I never have dreams about the royals, but last night I dreamt that I was just hanging out with Frederick and Mary. We were sitting around a picnic table talking about everyday, mundane things. I remember Prince Christian was there, too AND his little sister! The thing I remember most about the dream was the princess' name: LACEY! I have no idea where that came from, but that's what they were calling her in the dream!
What a sweet dream!:flowers: Amazing how you can dream things you don't think are on your mind that much.I do hope it's a girl or twin girls the Queen needs a granddaughter and I think she would be Daddy's litle girl:flowers:

I am hoping for at least one of the 2 sets of names.

Louise, Ingrid, Margrethe, Henrietta and

Andre, Frederik, Stuart, Joachim

Stellad

Louise is a beautiful name.

I also believe Desiree might be a suitable choice. Perhaps Lasse could tell us if this name is common in Denmark.

If the baby were to be a boy, I still like the name Soren.:) Erik is a wonderful historic name as well as William. But I am not sure if that name is very common within the historic DRF.

GlitteringTiaras said:
I also believe Desiree might be a suitable choice. Perhaps Lasse could tell us if this name is common in Denmark.

I personally know only one by the name of Desiree, and according to Statistics Denmark, only 89 girls were named Desiree in the period from 1985 till 2004. You can see a chart here: Statistics Denmark (write 'Desiree' in the search field). Statistics Denmark further informs that a total of 119 Danish women bear the name of Desiree today. If you want to see just how many Danes are called Christian, Margrethe, Henrik, Joachim, Mary or something else, just click here and knock yourselves out: Statistics Denmark: Names.

The conclusion must be that Desiree is not a common name in Denmark - but that has never stopped Danish royalty when naming child no. 2, on the contrary; we have names such as Ingolf, Benedikte, Joachim and Felix!

/Lasse

Thank you for the link, Lasse.:flowers:

Unusal names for the second born are unique; so perhaps it isn't so far fetched that if the baby were to be a girl, Desiree would be an okay choice.

GlitteringTiaras said:
so perhaps it isn't so far fetched that if the baby were to be a girl, Desiree would be an okay choice.
Actually, I don't think so either. When I first thought about it, I thought it to be a bit strange, but now I can easily see the picture: Desiree Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid.

If the couple is to get another boy, I could imagine something like Mikael Philippe Gustav Frederik. I don't really know why I thought of Mikael - I just really like the name I guess. But only time will tell. It will be great with a christening in the late summer:)

/Lasse

Gustav Viggo Alexander Frederik Ingolf Christian. :)

A "template" used by Ingrid & Frederik when naming their daughters:
1st name: Good solid Danish name - not necessarily something used in the royal family before (Margrethe, Benedikte, Anne-Marie)
2nd & 3rd name: Older relatives/relevant to the realm (Alexandrine & Thorhildur, Astrid & Ingeborg, Dagmar)
4th name: Mother's name: Ingrid

Princess Benedikte used the same template when naming her daughters:
Alexandra Rosemarie Ingrid Benedikte
Nathalie Xenia Margareta Benedikte

norwegianne said:
A "template" used by Ingrid & Frederik when naming their daughters:
1st name: Good solid Danish name - not necessarily something used in the royal family before (Margrethe, Benedikte, Anne-Marie)
2nd & 3rd name: Older relatives/relevant to the realm (Alexandrine & Thorhildur, Astrid & Ingeborg, Dagmar)
4th name: Mother's name: Ingrid

So, if we were to bear that in mind we could expect maybe

Thyra Astrid Ingeborg Mary

or

Dagmar Henrietta Ingrid Mary

or (Heaven forbid)

Thorhildur Ingrid Margarethe Mary! :D

wymanda said:
or (Heaven forbid)

Princess Thorhildur! that name sends chills down my spine, but at the same time its an unusually cool name haha

If it is a girl, maybe they will name it:

HRH Princess Henrietta Margrethe Ingrid Mary of Denmark

and for a boy:

HRH Prince Eric Canute Hans Frederik of Denmark
(or instead of hans, maybe Christopher)

Last edited:
Johann Nikolas Frederik Andrew
or
Sophia Elizabeth Mary Henrietta Sarah Louisa

wymanda said:
So, if we were to bear that in mind we could expect maybe

Thyra Astrid Ingeborg Mary

or

Dagmar Henrietta Ingrid Mary

or (Heaven forbid)

Well, considering that Thorhildur was given to Margrethe in 1940 as a tribute to the union with Iceland (which was dissolved in 1944), possibly not. ;)

A name from Greenland might be nice, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom