The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Is it a boy or girl?
Boy 85 33.33%
Girl 157 61.57%
Twins: boy & girl 6 2.35%
Twins: 2 boys 2 0.78%
Twins: 2 girls 5 1.96%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was talking to a friend of mine about this (I can't remember for the life of me how this appeared in our conversation), and she suggested Anne Victoria Ingrid Margrethe. She doesn't know much about Scandinavian royals (other than what the names of the kings/queens are), so I thought this was a really good idea.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
What about Matilde Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe ( i am starting to be a littel blank with girl names )
That's a pretty name too! I thought of Frederika. I think it's a pretty name....

Old 06-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Nobility

I just can not wait until july 1. It seems so far away because I guess I really want to know now.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchessOlga
It is a pretty name ladybelline but I think that it would be Caroline in Danish which is a royal name and quite popular these days I think so maybe you could be right
Ladybelline, have you happend to listen to the new song by Melanie C (the ex-spicy girl) recently? The name Carolina is repeated several times in the lyrics. Maybe that´s why you dreamt of this name?

Anyway we will know the answer in about 3 weeks.

Personally I don´t like the name Carolina or Caroline or Carolin whatever. It´s because every Carolin (really, every Carolin) I met wasn´t a sympathetic girl.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currier
I think M&F will find it difficult to call a tiny baby Ingrid. Nevertheless, I think they will honor F's grandmother. My guess the name will be Ingrid Rose Margrethe Mary.
Agree.
Ingrid sounds weird for such a little girl. But if they want to name her Ingrid and if they also find it weird to call a little baby Ingrid, they will come up with a nickname for her.
Besides, if the little princess inherits the dark hair of her mother, I personally find it strange to name a brunette Ingrid.
Ingrid gives me an association of a tall, slim and blond young woman.
But of course this is only my personal opinion.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Royal Highness

I think they'll use Ingrid as a middle name, but they probably won't use it as a first name, since she's fairly close in age to Ingrid Alexandra of Norway. I think they'll use a name like Elisabeth, or Caroline, something like that.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
I think they'll use Ingrid as a middle name, but they probably won't use it as a first name, since she's fairly close in age to Ingrid Alexandra of Norway. I think they'll use a name like Elisabeth, or Caroline, something like that.
I hear you, but I think they'll name her "Dagmar", and then: Ingrid, Margrethe and Henrietta (put them in the order you like), Ingrid Alexandra of Norway is close in age and she's called "Ingrid", plus CP Haakon and CP Frederik are close friends, it'll be weird if both families get together and anyone says: "Ingrid" with both girls there, lol!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:48 AM
Commoner

Wink

I wouldn't be surprised if her first name was Ingrid. I think it's a beautiful name. I also like the name Hannah. Does anyone know if that's a well known name in Denmark?
Old 06-17-2007, 05:42 AM
Gentry

natasha is very beautiful
Old 06-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Aristocracy

Dagmar Henrietta Margrethe

or

Henrietta Margrethe Elisabeth

or

Thyra Henrietta Margrethe
Old 06-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Nobility

I love the name Rebecca
Old 06-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Dagmar should be a nice tribute to the memoir of Empress Maria of Russia, (whose Danish name before changing it to "María Feodorovna") whose corpse was reburied some months ago, beside her husband's one.

A Dagmar goes away, but another could be arriving!

Vanesa.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Courtier

I'm hoping for either:

Alexandrine Benedikte Henrietta Ingrid

or

Elisabeth Dagmar Henrietta Ingrid

Or something similar. I love the names Dagmar, Alexandrine, and Elisabeth.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:10 AM
Commoner

i was thinking about Helena. would sound nice on a little princess.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Nobility

Well, in less than two weeks we'll know the little one's name. I can't wait!

My guess is Henrietta. Although I'm not keen on the sound of the name I think it'll be a nice tribute to both Mary's late mother and Prince Henri.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Nobility

My favorite nr 1:
Victoria Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid.

My favorite nr 2:
Astrid Margrethe Elisabeth Mary.

I pray for a nice and beautiful christening-day.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Gentry

Since people say the Denmark crown prince and princess and Spain's crown prince and princess seem to keep doing things at the same time maybe Frederik and Mary will name the little one Margrethe after the queen since the spainish Infanta is named after Sofia.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NESS View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if her first name was Ingrid. I think it's a beautiful name. I also like the name Hannah. Does anyone know if that's a well known name in Denmark?
It´s not a really common name here. The Danish version of the name would be Hanne. Not that pretty for a little princess and not especially royal either.

I just thought of the name Anna kind of after me .. may be a bit too old-fashioned though
Old 06-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Aristocracy

I had a strong dream last night that her name might be: MATILDA...
Slightly ex-patriotic Australian (Waltzin' Matilda), very European, very royal, verytrendy/celebrity at the moment (Heath Ledger, et al) and Mary likes to be trendy, very suited to a dark haired girl...the combo they will use is either:

4 names - Matilda Henrietta Margrethe Ingrid
5 names - Matilda Dagmar Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid

*Princess Matilda of Denmark* has a certain ring to it It won't be spelt the European way though (like Princess Mathilde of Belgium) because the spelling "Matilda" has more of an association with Australia and possibly even the UK (Scotland)
Old 06-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeara View Post
I had a strong dream last night that her name might be: MATILDA...
Slightly ex-patriotic Australian (Waltzin' Matilda), very European, very royal, verytrendy/celebrity at the moment (Heath Ledger, et al) and Mary likes to be trendy, very suited to a dark haired girl...the combo they will use is either:

4 names - Matilda Henrietta Margrethe Ingrid
5 names - Matilda Dagmar Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid

*Princess Matilda of Denmark* has a certain ring to it It won't be spelt the European way though (like Princess Mathilde of Belgium) because the spelling "Matilda" has more of an association with Australia and possibly even the UK (Scotland)
I really hope they do not name the baby Matilda I detest that name (no offence to any Matildas out there), it reminds me so much of "Waltzing Matilda" a song I dislike immensly. Just rubs me the wrong way

Tags
godparents, lilleprinsesse, princess isabella