The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Is it a boy or girl?
Boy 85 33.33%
Girl 157 61.57%
Twins: boy & girl 6 2.35%
Twins: 2 boys 2 0.78%
Twins: 2 girls 5 1.96%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
Just to correct a little bit but they actually had very many children. Not only those to. As far as i remember they had 8 children eventhough they all didnt survive.
You can look at this site for more facts about Charlotte Amalie Prinsesse Charlotte Amalie (unfortunately its in danish but there are movies so maybe not danish ppl can enjoy it aswell :-)

Auwww shame on me!!!! You are so rigth betina how in the world coud i forget that they had 8 children ?
Well it is nice to know that you can correct me when i am not rigth in what im telling inher

Old 05-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Aristocracy

Dagmar is a wonderful name! I simply love it!

Old 05-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Aristocracy

Ingrid and Astrid are beautiful names, too...
Old 05-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it should be someone close to the baby and family, because godparents should be the ones who "vested interest in raising a more complete human being" someone who "who is responsible for the child in the event of both parents demise or incapacition" they should have this in mind when chosing who the godparents will be and not onloy if they are Royal or not, if they are important persons or not!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardinha
Dagmar is a wonderful name! I simply love it!
I'm totally with you, I really hope they name her Dagmar!!!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Amber Petty wasn't in bad relations with Mary?
I don't think so. Amber is a breakfast radio announcer on SAFM in Adelaide at the moment.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I think it should be someone close to the baby and family, because godparents should be the ones who "vested interest in raising a more complete human being" someone who "who is responsible for the child in the event of both parents demise or incapacition" they should have this in mind when chosing who the godparents will be and not onloy if they are Royal or not, if they are important persons or not!!!
The only responsibility godparents have in Denmark is to make sure that the child is raised in the correct faith.
Its not their responsibility to raise the child if the parent pass away.

I think prince Gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-Berleburg will be chosen He seems so nice also when you see him with his niece and nephew
Old 05-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
The only responsibility godparents have in Denmark is to make sure that the child is raised in the correct faith.
Its not their responsibility to raise the child if the parent pass away.

I think prince Gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-Berleburg will be chosen He seems so nice also when you see him with his niece and nephew
I think you are rigth about prince Gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-Berleburg but what about his sister Natali and Alexandra ? (was Alexandra godmother for littel Christian?)

Old 05-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
I think you are rigth about prince Gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-Berleburg but what about his sister Natali and Alexandra ? (was Alexandra godmother for littel Christian?)
I just think that the two cousins Gustav and Frederik are closer to each other, but she his two sisters would also be obvious.
It was only Pavlos whos was godfather of Frederiks 8 cousins.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Gentry

I still prefer Astrid or Charlotte, these are beautiful names. When I see the pictures I think this is a little princess Charlotte or princess Astrid. I hope Mary and Frederik won't name her Dagmar. It's an awful name. The princess doesn't look like Dagmar. Christian and Dagmar
Old 05-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Nobility

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestocking
They're not likely to give her a non-traditional name. She's a princess. No trendy names for the daughter of the heir to the throne. I still vote for Caroline as a good bet. I think it will be a classic name that also has a cognate in English. Caroline, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Sophie, Louise, Marie, etc. Ingrid, Henrietta, and Margrethe are probably going to be included as middle names.
I tend to agree she will be right in line for the throne they won't choose anything that wouldn't sound right with Queen in front of it.Caroline is very pretty and classic that works so does Charlotte and Cathereine,Anna and so on.I don't see it being Elizabeth that has become too common even among royalty.Family names I think are more likey for her middle names.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
I think it would be great if Queen Anne-Marie was used! The last two princesses of Denmark, just 60 years apart! I don't think they'll do Queen Elizabeth, and Prince Joachim was Christian's godfather, so I will be surprised if they use him again.
That would be very fitting for Queen Anne-Marie to be a godmother I really hope they choose her.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
That would be very fitting for Queen Anne-Marie to be a godmother I really hope they choose her.
Me too! I think she could be a perfect choice!
Old 05-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Courtier

To go back to the whole "Is it okay for Mary and Frederik to call their daughter Sophia even though Felipe and Letizia just called their's Sofia" discussion, something just came to my mind here..

Two spares, let's take Constantjin of the Netherlands and Joachim of Denmark. Would it had been the catastrophy, is they had both been called Joachim or both have been called Constantjin? These two have absolutely, really, absolutely nothing to do with each other, two different countries, and both spares, not heirs - just like Sofia and lille prinsessen.

Anyway .. Mary and Frederik had already decided for a name, when they left the hospital, so I doubt Felipe and Letizia's choice have affected them, just because Mary and Frederik announce their daughter's name later than Felipe and Letizia do.

I don't think Mary and Frederik have called their daughter Sophia more than I think they might have called her Ingrid or Ida or Anna, I'm just keeping the possibility "Sophia" open.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestocking
They're not likely to give her a non-traditional name. She's a princess. No trendy names for the daughter of the heir to the throne. I still vote for Caroline as a good bet. I think it will be a classic name that also has a cognate in English. Caroline, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Sophie, Louise, Marie, etc. Ingrid, Henrietta, and Margrethe are probably going to be included as middle names.
I see where you're coming from, but what about Joachim? When he was born, Joachim was an unusual name (IIRC), and he was the son of the heir to the throne

But I agree with you, they will probably choose a classic name - Charlotte or Louise
Old 05-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Courtier

Good point, JessRulz, Joachim must have been unusual, or common at least. And what about Benedikte and Anne-Marie ? Those names had never been used in royalty before, and they were in line for throne after Magrethe. Christian will be king, that's the most important thing, not his sister and before I forget Nikolaj and Felix( ) are in the line of succesion too! I don't know, I have a feeling it won't be a very traditional name, I think it will be a commom name, but still special, pretty and royal.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
And what about Benedikte and Anne-Marie ? Those names had never been used in royalty before, and they were in line for throne after Magrethe.
At the time Benedikte & Anne-Marie were named, 1944 and 1946, they were not in line ot the throne - nor was Margrethe. The Danish constitution was changed in 1953 - to allow females on the throne. Before that, they had no rights to the throne.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
Good point, JessRulz, Joachim must have been unusual, or common at least. And what about Benedikte and Anne-Marie ? Those names had never been used in royalty before, and they were in line for throne after Magrethe. Christian will be king, that's the most important thing, not his sister and before I forget Nikolaj and Felix( ) are in the line of succesion too! I don't know, I have a feeling it won't be a very traditional name, I think it will be a commom name, but still special, pretty and royal.
Actually no. Females had no right to the throne in Denmark before 1953 so it didnt matter what they called hteir girls.
As far goes with Joachim one of his names is Christian so i would gues he would take that name if he bwcame king.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvelle
I still prefer Astrid or Charlotte, these are beautiful names. When I see the pictures I think this is a little princess Charlotte or princess Astrid. I hope Mary and Frederik won't name her Dagmar. It's an awful name. The princess doesn't look like Dagmar. Christian and Dagmar
Totally agree with you
Old 05-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Just out of curiosity. What is it that bothers so many people about the names Dagmar and Thyra? IMHO both names are rather pretty.

Tags
godparents, lilleprinsesse, princess isabella