Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think and hope caroline heering is one of the godmothers. caroline and mary seem really close...

helle reedtz is also a good guess. perhaps anja, mary's fashion adviser, may also be godmother, although i don't really think so.

not too sure about the royals they will choose. they choose all the scandinavian royals and a representant from their close greek royal family for christian, and i doubt they are close with other royals as much. perhaps someone from the belgian or dutch families?

from mary's family, i believe it will be patricia rather than john. i also doubt they will choose amber to be godmother.

It has just been confirmed that Mary's siblings, Jane, Patrica, and John will not be in Denmark to attend the christening of the new Danish Princess.

According to Yahoo News, "The family hopes everything will go well on the day, and we will be at home thinking about them on Sunday," Ms Stephens said." However, Mary's dad and stepmom will attend.

To read the entire article, please click here.

It has just been confirmed that Mary's siblings, Jane, Patrica, and John will not be in Denmark to attend the christening of the new Danish Princess.

According to Yahoo News, "The family hopes everything will go well on the day, and we will be at home thinking about them on Sunday," Ms Stephens said." However, Mary's dad and stepmom will attend.

To read the entire article, please click here.

That's very strange...I wonder why. Well at least Jane and her family got to spend some time with them.

I'm pretty sure my propositions aren't correct but I love the following:

Katrine Alice Henrietta Margrethe

Katrine Ingrid Dagmar Henrietta

Josephine Katrine Henrietta Margrethe

In any case I hope they give the little princess an unique first name or a name not already in popular use in other royal families. I'd love to see some of the names I proposed included in her name including Thyra, Alexandrine, Serafine and Charlotte. :flowers:

So does that mean that one of Mary's siblings is not going to be another godparent?

I thought Princess Máxima as a godparent looks questionable, since she is in Kenya.

But I see on the Netherlands Royal House website that the Princess will return to the Netherlands on Saturday. I doubt if the Princess is able to land on Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, rush to The Hague, and then rush to Rotterdam Airport to take the royal flight to Copenhagen.

The schedule makes it unlogical to expect Princess Máxima as a godmother to the Danish Princess, but we never know. I'm also not aware of a close friendship with the Danish crown princely couple and the Oranges, although there have been weekends together on the royal domain 'Het Loo' in the east of the Netherlands.

But I see on the Netherlands Royal House website that the Princess will return to the Netherlands on Saturday. I doubt if the Princess is able to land on Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, rush to The Hague, and then rush to Rotterdam Airport to take the royal flight to Copenhagen.
She could always go to Copenhagen directly from Kenya:)Maybe W-A will attened, i'd hopeed to see Maxima as the godparent

There is about a 1% chance that this would happen, but it would be nice if Letizia was the godmother of the princess. I don't know how close the two couples are, but there are always the (most likely) false rumors about Mary and Letizia being jealous of each other, so having Letizia as a godmother would quell the rumors for a time. But I honestly would be surprised if that happened, but it would be a nice thought.

I don´t think the second child of the crownprince which it not the heir to the throne will get a crownprince-or princess as godfather/mother. IMO this is only proper for an heir to the throne.

I don´t think the second child of the crownprince which it not the heir to the throne will get a crownprince-or princess as godfather/mother. IMO this is only proper for an heir to the throne.

Well, if you are friends with the other crown princely couple? Or with 2 or 3. Or if you befriend with an other one in between child 1 and 2 or 2 and 3.
Then you can also take them for the second child. After all it has also a chance to get onto the throne.
And IMO it should be also for Royals important, that the godparents are friends to the parents. This is about values and values are never bad for Royal children.
But of course the chance, that F&M are friends with F&L is pretty small, so I don´t think they would be chosen either...

Mary and Letizia only are compared by a coincidence of events in the time ... it is not any more ... they have not had sufficient time to be known, have coincided few ones occasions and live to thousands of kilometres.

Another thing is the relation of Frederik and Felipe, which always they have had a good relation and have coincided with many occasions, beside share cousins of the same generation.

I am still really hoping for Princess Elizabeth or Elisabeth, with the other names Ingrid Margarethe Henrietta...

We already have a princess Elisabeth in Denmark

I think all of you already know it but from sweden only victoria will attend, the king and queen is in the swedish landscape dalarna on official duties and prince carl philip and princess madeleine have no royal dotuies at the time so I think we can disqualify them as possible godparents. It is still only the crownprincess who are avaliable but I would be very surprised if she will be selected again. Isn,t she already godparent to atleast every little child in the european royal houses ?
But Frederik and Victoria are really good friends so who knows?

I also wonder if the crownprince of denmark is so clase to carl philip and madeleine?
I don´t think he know them so well because they are almost never together with the king, queen and crownprincess on the "familymeetings" whith the danish royal family.
I have no longer any idea about the godparents but I wouldn´t be surprised if they will be 6 and include 2 family members, 2 near friends to the crownprincefamily and 2 other royals.
I´m waiting for sunday whith happiness and praying for a nice and beautiful christening-day.

I'm thinking Mary's other sister and her brother will be part of the "god-parents-group". Can't wait to see any pictures on Monday!

We already have a princess Elisabeth in Denmark

I think the fact that the future Crown Princess of Belgium is an Elizabeth eliminates that as a choice, although I really like the sound of it -- very regal.

Assuming my logic is correct (and it probably isn't!) and eliminate names of the Lille P's contemporaries, we can eliminate:

Amalie or Catharine (or variants)
Alexa (and Alexandra as a variant -- i.e. ex-Princess Alexandra)
Leonore
Sophie
Victoria
Ingrid
Caroline

Isn't there a poll going on somewhere here?

Cheers!:flowers:

I had the same thought about the name Caroline. They could spell it different Carolyn or even spell it with an "a" on the end Carolina(all though that doesn't sound so Danish to me). I like the names Christian and Caroline together. There are royal names that have been repeated like that and besides Princess Caroline of Hanover, but she is from a completely different generation so I don't see it to be as much of a big deal as it would be if they named her Elisabeth because of Princess Elisabeth of Belgium that is within the same royal generation as the Danish princess. I was also thinking something simple like Anna. Anne Marie is already used in the family and of course Princess Ann in the British RF but Anna seems like a good choice. Personally, I am hoping for a new name for this princess but one that makes sense with the family as well. All of them have rather common/traditional names.

Last edited:
Im hoping for Princess Charlotte or Princess Louise/a with the middle names of Ingrid, Alice Margrethe or Henrietta

I will have another guess even though I've already posted my favourite (charlotte):
Katherine (and they will call her Katie while she's young)
Sarah
Emily
Alice

I am so looking forward to tomorrow.:flowers:

K,

Final guesses:
Julie
Charlotte
Caroline
Cecicile
Henrietta/e
Josephine
Louise

Since there is a good chance that the little princess will have Margrethe as one of her names, does anyone know how its pronounced? Thank You.:ermm:

Well, as there is less than 12 hours till the big announcement, would anyone like to volunteer themselves to compile a list of all the guesses? :

ingrid magrethe dagmar (or henrietta) elizabeth
hope there's a suprise actually :)

My final guess;

Princess Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe

Last guess for middle names: Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta, not necessarily in that order

First names: Tie between Caroline and Astrid

So my two last guesses

HRH Princess Caroline Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta of Denmark
HRH Princess Astrid Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta of Denmark

Well, as there is less than 12 hours till the big announcement, would anyone like to volunteer themselves to compile a list of all the guesses? :

I didn't see this post... but I did it anyway.

I've assembled the list from the beginning of this thread, until the last post. I've grouped names with similar spelling - Caroline/Carolina, for example. But I have chosen not to do this with Mary and Marie/Maria, as Mary is the name of the Princess' mother.

I know that most posters have posted four names (or more or less), but unless the names have been hyphenated, they have not been put together. I've counted hyphenated names as one name.

It gets slightly long, so I'll post it in the next post.

The comments in green is partly my subjective opinion, as well as some summary of what's been said in the thread about some fo the names. The number after the name is the number of times the name has been mentioned as a possibility. I have not included the number of times people have mentioned a name as horrible... I've also grouped a lot of names with similar spellings, such as Margaret/Margarethe/Margrethe

Adelaide - 3
Adrinana
Agnes
Agnetha/e -3
Aileen
Alexandra - 18 Traditional name in DRF, but also the name of Joachim's ex-wife...
Alexandria
Alexandrine - 20
Alexia/Aleksia - 3 Name of Frederik's cousin, as well as new Dutch Princess
Alice - 18
Amalia/e (Amelie) - 6 Dutch Princess, but traditional Danish name...
Anastasia
Andrea -2
Anesa
Ania
Anika -2
Anita
Anna/e - 23 Traditional royal name - Danish Princess who became James I of England's wife...
Anna-Sophia/e- 2
Ann-Christin
Annebell
Anne-Charlotte
Anneliese - 2
Annelisa/e - 4
Anne-Maria/e /Ann-Marie/a- 4
Anne-Therese -3
Ann-Kathrin -2
Arabella - 10 The name of Prince Eddie's younger sister in the Prince and me...
Arietta The daugher of Frederik's cousin
Arisje
Åse
Ashley
Astrid - 56
Athina
Augusta -2
Augustine
Aurelia -2
Ave
Aziaja
Beatrix -2 Not really DRF name - and also Dutch queen
Benedikte -2 Frederik's living aunt
Bindi
Brianna
Bridget -2
Britney
Caitlyn
Carolina/e/Karolina/a - 29 Mary's lady-in-waiting, but a very traditional historical name in DRF
Caroline-Ingrid
Catharine/Catherine/Katrine/Katrina/Katherina/Katarine - 2 Don't you just see headlines with Catherine The Great?
Cathryn
Cecilie - 4
Charlotta/e - 54
Charlotte-Astrid
Christiane Christiane & Christian?
Christina/e - 13
Clara - 3
Coco
Dagmar - 103 Has been pointed out that it old-fashioned, but still traditional in DRF. One of Anne-Marie's names
Dagny Name of Queen Sonja's mother. Not very regal
Désirée - 16 Not overly Danish. But considering the French part of the family...?
Dior
Dorthea
Eleonora - 3 Leonor of Spain
Elisa
Elisabet/Elisabeth/Elizabeth - 115 Denmark already has a Princess Elisabeth. Maybe as a middle name?
Elizabeth-Mary
Ella - 2
Eloise
Emilie
Emily -2
Emma - 25 Dutch traditional name, but as Luana isn't using it, and the other Emma in this generation is a Van Vollenhaven... maybe?
Emma-Louise
Eugenie - 3 Eugenie of York
Eva - 2
Fenia
Fillia
Florentine
Frederica/Fredericka/Frederika/Frederikke/Friderika - 17
Freja
Gabriela/Gabriella - 6
Gloria
Grace
Hanna/h - 3
Helena/e - 4
Helle
Helvig
Henrietta/e - 214 The spelling of Henri instead of Henrik in Christian's name? Henrietta not really a Danish spelling?
Ida - 4
India
Ingeborg - 9 Was one name that was considered by royal watchers to be Ingrid Alexandra's, and then considered too old-fashioned.
Ingelise
Ingrid - 230 Frederik's goddaughters
Ingrid – Henrietta
Ingrid-Elizabeth
Ireland
Isabell/a -13
Jane - 3 Jane Grey??? But I rather like the name.
Janne
Josefine/Josephine - 9 Frederik's second cousin - Josephine of Rosenborg
Juliana/e - 4 Traditional name. But also Dutch tradition.
Julie - 2
Karen
Kari
Kirsten - 3 Kirsten Munk... Christian 4ths wife to the left hand.
Klara
Kylie - 3
Lacey - 2
Larine
Laura - 5
Leonie
Leonore Leonor of Spain
Lillian -2
Lilly
Lily
Linnea
Louisa/e/Luise - 62 Very traditional Danish name. Princess in Belgium as well as Lady Louise in the UK.
Lucinda
Madeleine - 2 Madeleine of Sweden
Madonna
Magdalena/e/Magdelana - 7
Malene
Margaret/Margrethe/Margarethe - 212
Margrethe-Ingrid
Maria/Marie - 33
Marie-Frederikke
Marietta - 6 Am I the only one thinking of Marietta Edgecombe from Harry Potter here? I prefer not to associate the word SNEAK with a princess.
Maris Frasier...
Marita
Marlene
Märtha - 3
Mary - 60
Mary-Frederikke
Mary-Ingrid
Mathilde/Matilda/Matilde - 22 Waltzing Matilda...
Maud Maud Angelica
Mettalise
Mette
Mette-Elisabeth
Miuccia
Natalie - 3 Natalie of Berleburg
Natasha
Nicole
Nina
Olga – 4
Olivia - 4
Olympia - 10 Crown Prince Pavlos' daugher - Marie-Olympia. It works for someone connected to Greece...
Ophelia – 3 Yes... something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Pretty name, though.
Paris – 2 I guess a recent trial and sentence just says it all...
Patricia
Paula
Perla
Peta
Petra I had Petra dolls for a while as a kid.
Petrine
Rebecca – 3
Rebecca-Elisabeth
Renée – 2
Rose- 2
Rosemarie
Saffi
Sanne
Sara/h - 7
Sigrid- 2
Sonja
Sophie/a (sofie/a) -40 Sofia of Spain?
Sophie-Amalie
Sophie-Charlotte
Stella
Susan
Synni
Tatiana - 2
Tea - 2
Theodora -2 Frederik's cousin
Theresa/e - 3
Thorhildur - 3
Thyra - 40 Family history
Valerie
Valhalla
Victoria - 21 Worst could come to worst, and you'd end up with queen Victoria of Sweden and Queen Victoria of Denmark...
Vocis
Wilhelmina
Xenia - 13
Zara

Additional note: This is what happens when it's late in the night and you can't sleep. Go sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom