Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Desiree belong to a royal name? I don´t know any Princess Desiree. I know that CP Victoria has Desiree as one of her names, but it´s from her commoner maternal grandmother if I remember it correctly.

Crownprincess Victorias Paternal aunt is names Desiree. She is one of the so called Haga prinsesses

I'm thinking about Princess Alexia, one of Mary's sisters, Prince Carl Philip, and others:rolleyes:

There is nothing traditional about Holmens kirke (church) for heirs to the throne. She was the first heir to be married in there. The "normal place was normaly the castles where the bride came from in her home country or pro forma weddings in the brides country if we go very long back. Queen Alexandrine and Christian X was married in Cannes (her parents summer home) and Frederik 9. was married in Stockholm to Queen Ingrid.
Sorry if I am pecky

Hehe you´re not being pecky at all. But I have a book about the queen and it says it was the most optional church to get married in since it was only royals, I believe, who are allowed to get married there and they also mentioned on tv that it was surprising that they didn´t choose that church to get married in. My overall point was that they always tend to go against the "norms" or what ppl expect them to do.

Thanks for showing me how to pronounce Desirée. I´ve never heard anyone with that name before (except Crown princess Victoria)

Desriee is not a common name amoung royals like Alexandra or Mary or Caroline is. But it has historical precident in the Danish royal house. Some of the past kings used it for their daughters.

It think it's even odds that Lille P will receive Margrethe as one of her names.

Better than even odds that Henrietta will figure into the mix.

I think we'll get a nod to Prince Henrik's family or maybe to CP Frederick (I'm thinking Frederikke?), and another name will be a wild card. I'm thinking Mary.

Why not two Princess Marys?

Queen Elizabeth II was named after her mother. Stranger things have happened!

I think the godparents will be: Patricia Bailey, Caroline Heering, Crown Princess Maxima, Crown Prince Pavlos, Princess Alexandra of SWB, and Jeppe Handwerk or Otto Reedtz-Thorit.

I think it will be Amber Petty, Caroline Heering, sister Patricia, and a couple of cousins from Anne-Marie and Benedikte.

Not so sure about CP Pavlos as he already is godfather to Christian.

Stellad

I would guess Patricia Bailey, Princess Laurentien from the Dutch Royal family, Princess Martha-Louise, and for the men, Prince Nikolas of Greece and maybe Prince Willem-Alexander or one of Fredrik's friends, also maybe Prince Gustav?
Was Prince Joachim one of Christian's godfathers?

Last edited:
When it comes down to the day, isn't it just two that will be picked. One godmother and one godfather?

Or is this a group thing now? I guess I am just traditional.

I thought tradition, at least in the US, was two of the same sex as the child and one of the opposite sex. So the new Princess would have two Godmothers and One Godfather. But the royals do it a bit different. They tend to pick at least half a dozen people of equal station (ie heirs to thrones are godparents to other heirs of thrones). I think they do this so that if there is politcial unrest and the royal has to flee the country, they have a few "options" of where they could possible go. Or maybe it's a throwback to the days of royals marrying royals and searching for suitible mates.

No amber

Well it wont be amber petty simply because she wont be going to the event due to work duties that she dose in SA.

I think it will be mary's sister and brother and i aslo think it could be her lady in-waitng as well

Last time it was

3 from the family:
CP Pavlos, Prince Joachim and Jane Donaldson.

2 friends:
Hamish Campbell and Jeppe Handwerk.

3 royals:
THR CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit and HRH CP Victoria

This time I think it'll be:

3 from the family:
Alexandra S-W-B, John Stuart Donaldson(Mary's olderbrother) and Alexia of Greece.

2 friends:
Birgitte Handwerk and Peter Heering.

1 royal:
Havn't got a clue who this would be.. ;) Maybe they'll replace the royal by one more friend, and in that case, the friend would be Helle Reedtz-Thott in my opinion ..

Carole Heering I don't think so, she is her LIW and I don't think that Mary would mix her job OF LIW and sucht a private relation with her daugther, she is working. I don't think Caroline will be godmother, I think she should't be!Despite beeing personal friend to Mary I think she should't be!

Last edited:
Hehe you´re not being pecky at all. But I have a book about the queen and it says it was the most optional church to get married in since it was only royals, I believe, who are allowed to get married there and they also mentioned on tv that it was surprising that they didn´t choose that church to get married in. My overall point was that they always tend to go against the "norms" or what ppl expect them to do.

Thanks for showing me how to pronounce Desirée. I´ve never heard anyone with that name before (except Crown princess Victoria)

the reason they were surpriced that the crownprince was not married there was that Frederik is a sea officer like his grandfather. Holmens kirke is dedicated ppl from the navy where they can be buried, married and so on. That was why Margrethe was married in there because she was a daughter of a sailor (wrong word but sømand in danish) and Frederik is that too soo that was why they were surpriced by his choice of church :flowers:

Would they name the baby Alexandra, because it might be associated with Countess Alexandra and taken as an offense? I thought of that, it's such a pretty name. Or maybe there are too many "Princess Alexandra's" out there.

Well it wont be amber petty simply because she wont be going to the event due to work duties that she dose in SA.

Just because Amber won't be attending the christening doesn't mean she won't be named a godmother for Lilleprinsesse. I mean, Frederik is godfather to Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, but didn't attend her christening; so there is no reason why Amber can't be godmother even though she ain't flying half way around the world :)

I think she could have Alexandra as a second name maybe but maybe not as a first name since the countess is still friends with the royal family and it may be too weird with another Alexandra and that is´t a former in-law...

The name Alexandra is very royal and not uncommon for babies today so I think it would be very cute but a little unlikely ;)

I have a question. Will the Danish TV broadcast the christening live? I'd like the hear the names of the princess live. Have you got any sites on the internet?

Last edited:
I have a question. Will the Danish TV broadcast the christening live? I'd like the hear the names of the princess live. Have you got any sites on the internet?
Yes, the christening will be broadcasted on Danish TV. And on german, swedish and norwegian too, I believe.

Alexandra is unlikely...and even Alexandrine - one of Margrethe's names - is also unlikely...because between them both, Frederik and Mary, know too many (including male "Alexander's") and a few are within their own family...

Countess Alexandra
Alexander Fleming (son of Caroline and Rory Fleming)
Alexander Stephens (nephew of Mary, sister Jane's son)

It won't be Alexandra...or Caroline

Caroline Heering
Caroline Fleming
Princess Caroline (of Monaco)
Probably a few more I am not aware of

Only a few more days to go to find out...is there going to be a prize for the person who has the closest guess (on the forums)???

Ingrid is a lovely name but I think they would use it as a middle name:

Charlotte Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta:wub:

Louisa Ingrid Astrid Margrethe

I was thinking the same as you, crm! Only I put Margrethe after Henrietta.

Also, what about Emma? I know that has more connections with the Netherlands than with Denmark, but still. It's a cute, modern, but still royal name. What about Emma Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta? Or some combination thereof...?

Desirée was the name beared by Queen Desirée of Sweden. She was wife of Charles Bernadotte, who became King of Sweden. They were both from commoner background, and of course they were not Sweden but French. He was a son of an hotel owner in Pau, South of France, and later a Napoleon I Marechal and she was the daughter ofg a Merchanf from Marseille. They are the ascendants of the current King of Sweden. Since then, Desirée was a name in use in Sweden Royal House. However, I don't think it is that common in Denmark.

Vanesa.

Just because Amber won't be attending the christening doesn't mean she won't be named a godmother for Lilleprinsesse. I mean, Frederik is godfather to Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, but didn't attend her christening; so there is no reason why Amber can't be godmother even though she ain't flying half way around the world :)
So does that mean us Aussie fans have to stream the christening online?

I can't wiat to find out what her name will be, I hope it is some that suits such a pretty little girl. I know she is a Princess, but most of the names sound like an old lady, that is why I hope they use them as middle names but not a first. I really like

Charlotte Henrietta Margrethe Mary

Thankfully we don't have much more time to speculate about this, it is driving me crazy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom