Girl 157 61.57%
Twins: boy & girl 6 2.35%
Twins: 2 boys 2 0.78%
Twins: 2 girls 5 1.96%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:34 AM
Aristocracy

HRH Princess Elizabeth Margarethe Henrietta Ingrid of Denmark...perfect :)

Old 04-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Courtier

Since Mary is a native English speaker the first name will bear this in mind. They were lucky with Christian other than Frederik....
So one of my favourite names (Dagmar: because there´s no Dagmar in the Danish royal family since centuries and it´s a wonderful typical Danish name IMO)) will most likely not be chosen because it´s too unusual for an "English tongue".
I´m afraid it will actually be f.i. Elisabeth because this is an English name and the girl was born on Elizabeth II birthday. It will be a name who sounds usual in Danish ears but has some british roots or so.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Since Mary is a native English speaker the first name will bear this in mind. They were lucky with Christian other than Frederik....
So one of my favourite names (Dagmar: because there´s no Dagmar in the Danish royal family since centuries and it´s a wonderful typical Danish name IMO)) will most likely not be chosen because it´s too unusual for an "English tongue".
I´m afraid it will actually be f.i. Elisabeth because this is an English name and the girl was born on Elizabeth II birthday. It will be a name who sounds usual in Danish ears but has some british roots or so.
Well ther is alot of littel an grown up girls who has the name Elisabeth her in Denmark...I think that you are nervus about the spelling of the name don´t be.. Ther is Elizabeth in the English and American way and then ther is Elisabeth in the Danish, Swedish and Norweigan way.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

I know I am American so I don't have the attachment to historical names like most here but I really hope that Fred and Mary are more like W-A and Maxima and name their daughter something that is more modern. IMO, I would like to something like:
Lilly Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta.
This just kind of stuck with me because they are calling her Little girl in Danish which to my ear sounded a lot like Lilly. I would love to see her named something that isn't already in all the other royal houses in Europe, plus since she isn't probably going to be Queen I think her parents have a little more choices.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81
I know I am American so I don't have the attachment to historical names like most here but I really hope that Fred and Mary are more like W-A and Maxima and name their daughter something that is more modern. IMO, I would like to something like:
This just kind of stuck with me because they are calling her Little girl in Danish which to my ear sounded a lot like Lilly. I would love to see her named something that isn't already in all the other royal houses in Europe, plus since she isn't probably going to be Queen I think her parents have a little more choices.
Lily is a wonderful name, and it's really an abbreviation of Elizabeth/Elisabeth, so they could name her either as both have a historic connotation
I vote beyond hope for Dagmar, such a gorgeous name
Old 04-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Lily is a wonderful name, and it's really an abbreviation of Elizabeth/Elisabeth, so they could name her either as both have a historic connotation
I vote beyond hope for Dagmar, such a gorgeous name
Is Dagmar pronounced Dahg-mar? It doesn't strike me as a particularly pretty name
Old 04-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Aristocracy

I really hope it is Elizabeth/Elisabeth. There are so many different pet names from that name...Elisa, Lizzie, Lily, Beth, Ella...etc
Old 04-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure about Ingrid. There is one Ingrid in this family by Princess Benedikte's site. I mean 4 years old Countess Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth- daughter of Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. But who knows...
Old 04-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Courtier

Danish Royal Names
Alexandra
Alexandrine
Anna Catherine
Anna Sophie
Anne-Marie
Berengaria
Benedicte
Caroline
Caroline Amalie
Caroline Mathilde
Charlotte Amalia
Charlotte Frederikke
Christine
Dagmar
Dorothea
Elizabeth
Ingrid
Juliana Marie
Louise
Magrethe
Marie
Sophie
Sophie Amalie
Sophie Magdalene
Thyra
Vilhelmine Marie
Vilhelmine Caroline

Source:Wikipedia
Old 04-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I like Magdalene and Caroline. I also like Renée, after Prince Henrik's mother. Princess Renée sounds good to me. I'm pretty sure that we can cross Alexandra and Marie off the list (for obvious reasons ). I hope they don't name the baby something terribly old-fashioned, meaning Dagmar, Thyra or Vilhelmine. They can tack them on to the name somewhere in the middle, but as long as it isn't at the front, it'll be good!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
Danish Royal Names

Alexandra
Alexandrine
Anna Catherine
Anna Sophie
Anne-Marie
Berengaria
Benedicte
Caroline
Caroline Amalie
Caroline Mathilde
Charlotte Amalia
Charlotte Frederikke
Christine
Dagmar
Dorothea
Elizabeth
Ingrid
Juliana Marie
Louise
Magrethe
Marie
Sophie
Sophie Amalie
Sophie Magdalene
Thyra
Vilhelmine Marie
Vilhelmine Caroline

Source:Wikipedia
I prefer Anna Catherine (but Anna Catharina is better), Anna Sophie, Charlotte Frederikke, Carolline, Sophie Magdalene and Christine . Some of those names are the names of the Dutch princesses and it would get strange if they are chosen for the Danish princess.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Gentry

I hate the trendy names that are used right now for little girls. Please, God, no Princess Caitlyn! A princess deserves a name that is rooted in history and will not disgrace her family tree.

My personal bet is on Caroline or Sophie. I'd say Caroline Margrethe Ingrid Henrietta or some other arrangement of those names makes sense. Caroline is a name that looks and sounds right in both English and Danish, isn't overused by other royals at the moment, and has a history in the Danish royal family. I can't see them using Ingrid because of the Norwegian princess. Louise, Alexandra and Elisabeth are probably out because they are used for other young royals.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, from the list of names up there, here are some suggestions:

Anne-Therese Henrietta Ingrid
Elizabeth Margrethe Ingrid Sophie
Louise Caroline Margrethe Ingrid
Charlotte Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe
Alexandrine Margrethe Sophie Caroline
Thrya Elizabeth Ingrid Amalia
Christine Louise Charlotte Margrethe
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 04-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Aristocracy

Ok hopefully this is my final post on this topic...but I really doubt it considering my interest in names...I think like Christian's full name they will go in this order: essential-historical-family-family...Just like Christian Valdemar Henri John is in this order...I think *Henrietta Dagmar Ingrid Margrethe* is perfect!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:18 AM
Aristocracy

I also like *Xenia Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid*
Old 04-25-2007, 02:19 AM
Commoner

I would like to see a normal name like Sophie or Emma but then I would also love to see the baby named Dagmar, especially because Mary went to the re-burial of Marie Feodorovna about a 9 months ago (it was when the first signs of her pregnancy were seen) and Marie's name before she married and converted to Russian Orthodox was Dagmar and she was from Denmark.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I dont know why, but for some reason, i think the name "Agnes" or "Agnethe" (as i think it is in Danish) will be one of her names. I just got that feeling for some unexplainable reason. Everytime somebody speaks about the princess, i always get that name in my head.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81
I'm not sure myself what are consided the proper names for a Danish princess so I haven't weighed in on this really but I agree Lily is very pretty I would love a floral name for her but I don't know if that's popular in Demark.Thyra is pretty too I am growing a fondness for it.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:03 AM

Louise Margrethe Ingrid Henrietta
Old 04-25-2007, 04:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskia
Louise Margrethe Ingrid Henrietta
Even though I said the name Agnes might be included, i honestly think that this name by Saskia would be close to the money. Im with you on this Saskia.

Closed Thread

Tags
godparents, lilleprinsesse, princess isabella