Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a friend of mine about this (I can't remember for the life of me how this appeared in our conversation), and she suggested Anne Victoria Ingrid Margrethe. She doesn't know much about Scandinavian royals (other than what the names of the kings/queens are), so I thought this was a really good idea.

H.M. Margrethe said:
What about Matilde Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe ( i am starting to be a littel blank with girl names :ROFLMAO: )

That's a pretty name too! I thought of Frederika. I think it's a pretty name....:wub:

I just can not wait until july 1. It seems so far away because I guess I really want to know now.

GrandDuchessOlga said:
It is a pretty name ladybelline but I think that it would be Caroline in Danish which is a royal name and quite popular these days I think so maybe you could be right ;)

Ladybelline, have you happend to listen to the new song by Melanie C (the ex-spicy girl) recently? The name Carolina is repeated several times in the lyrics. Maybe that´s why you dreamt of this name?

Anyway we will know the answer in about 3 weeks.

Personally I don´t like the name Carolina or Caroline or Carolin whatever. It´s because every Carolin (really, every Carolin) I met wasn´t a sympathetic girl.

Currier said:
I think M&F will find it difficult to call a tiny baby Ingrid. Nevertheless, I think they will honor F's grandmother. My guess the name will be Ingrid Rose Margrethe Mary.

Agree.
Ingrid sounds weird for such a little girl. But if they want to name her Ingrid and if they also find it weird to call a little baby Ingrid, they will come up with a nickname for her.
Besides, if the little princess inherits the dark hair of her mother, I personally find it strange to name a brunette Ingrid.
Ingrid gives me an association of a tall, slim and blond young woman.
But of course this is only my personal opinion.

I think they'll use Ingrid as a middle name, but they probably won't use it as a first name, since she's fairly close in age to Ingrid Alexandra of Norway. I think they'll use a name like Elisabeth, or Caroline, something like that.

acdc1 said:
I think they'll use Ingrid as a middle name, but they probably won't use it as a first name, since she's fairly close in age to Ingrid Alexandra of Norway. I think they'll use a name like Elisabeth, or Caroline, something like that.

I hear you, but I think they'll name her "Dagmar",:flowers: and then: Ingrid, Margrethe and Henrietta (put them in the order you like), Ingrid Alexandra of Norway is close in age and she's called "Ingrid", plus CP Haakon and CP Frederik are close friends, it'll be weird if both families get together and anyone says: "Ingrid" with both girls there, lol!

I wouldn't be surprised if her first name was Ingrid. I think it's a beautiful name. I also like the name Hannah. Does anyone know if that's a well known name in Denmark?

Dagmar Henrietta Margrethe

or

Henrietta Margrethe Elisabeth

or

Thyra Henrietta Margrethe

Dagmar should be a nice tribute to the memoir of Empress Maria of Russia, (whose Danish name before changing it to "María Feodorovna") whose corpse was reburied some months ago, beside her husband's one.

A Dagmar goes away, but another could be arriving! ;)

Vanesa.

I'm hoping for either:

Alexandrine Benedikte Henrietta Ingrid

or

Elisabeth Dagmar Henrietta Ingrid

Or something similar. I love the names Dagmar, Alexandrine, and Elisabeth.

i was thinking about Helena. would sound nice on a little princess. :flowers:

Well, in less than two weeks we'll know the little one's name. I can't wait!

My guess is Henrietta. Although I'm not keen on the sound of the name I think it'll be a nice tribute to both Mary's late mother and Prince Henri.:wub:

My favorite nr 1:
Victoria Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid.

My favorite nr 2:
Astrid Margrethe Elisabeth Mary.

I pray for a nice and beautiful christening-day.

Since people say the Denmark crown prince and princess and Spain's crown prince and princess seem to keep doing things at the same time maybe Frederik and Mary will name the little one Margrethe after the queen since the spainish Infanta is named after Sofia.

I wouldn't be surprised if her first name was Ingrid. I think it's a beautiful name. I also like the name Hannah. Does anyone know if that's a well known name in Denmark?

It´s not a really common name here. The Danish version of the name would be Hanne. Not that pretty for a little princess and not especially royal either.

I just thought of the name Anna kind of after me :brows:.. may be a bit too old-fashioned though :ermm:

I had a strong dream last night that her name might be: MATILDA...
Slightly ex-patriotic Australian (Waltzin' Matilda), very European, very royal, verytrendy/celebrity at the moment (Heath Ledger, et al) and Mary likes to be trendy, very suited to a dark haired girl...the combo they will use is either:

4 names - Matilda Henrietta Margrethe Ingrid
5 names - Matilda Dagmar Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid

*Princess Matilda of Denmark* has a certain ring to it ;) It won't be spelt the European way though (like Princess Mathilde of Belgium) because the spelling "Matilda" has more of an association with Australia and possibly even the UK (Scotland)

I had a strong dream last night that her name might be: MATILDA...
Slightly ex-patriotic Australian (Waltzin' Matilda), very European, very royal, verytrendy/celebrity at the moment (Heath Ledger, et al) and Mary likes to be trendy, very suited to a dark haired girl...the combo they will use is either:

4 names - Matilda Henrietta Margrethe Ingrid
5 names - Matilda Dagmar Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid

*Princess Matilda of Denmark* has a certain ring to it ;) It won't be spelt the European way though (like Princess Mathilde of Belgium) because the spelling "Matilda" has more of an association with Australia and possibly even the UK (Scotland)

I really hope they do not name the baby Matilda :bang: I detest that name (no offence to any Matildas out there), it reminds me so much of "Waltzing Matilda" a song I dislike immensly. Just rubs me the wrong way

Even though Mary is Australian born, a Danish princess would probably be given the Danish version of the name Matilda - which is Mat(h)ilde.

When were Christian's godparents announced? I mean, we're at ten days until the christening, and no godparents yet!

I really hope they do not name the baby Matilda :bang: I detest that name (no offence to any Matildas out there), it reminds me so much of "Waltzing Matilda" a song I dislike immensly. Just rubs me the wrong way

JessRulz I completely agree with you about the name Matilda. I was forced to sing "Waltzing Matilda'' every week when I was in primary school and it just got to me. :bang: I still think she looks like a Charlotte.

I always makes me laugh when someone saids: "He (or she) looks like a (name)"...For I think it is right! A friend of mine was pretty angry for her mother best friend has christianed her little boy as "Vicente" when he "looks like an Alejandro". And besides, she added, all people knows that "Vicente" is a name for elderly men...I found the last remark hilarious, for the elderly men named "Vicente" must have been Christianed with it since they were little babies...Aren't they? :lol:

Vanesa.

When were Christian's godparents announced? I mean, we're at ten days until the christening, and no godparents yet!
As far as I remember, it wasn't until the day of the christening that the court released a list with names of the godparents (not 100 % sure though....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom