Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like :

Sophie - Charlotte Elizabeth Margrethe Henrietta

I originally thought Mathhilde but as there's a princess with that name already I'm batting for...

Louisa Ingrid Magrethe Henrietta

Now there's only a month to go .. almost .. :rolleyes:

Oh I do hope they have the name Dagmar in there somewhere. It's a lovely name.

queenofcelts said:

Me third... But I´m starting to think it should only be a second or third name. It´s just as very Danish, traditional and as royal as the name Christian was given: Valdemar.

I certaintly do NOT hope they will use Henrietta as a first name. The name is not pretty nor really royal at all. Just because Mary´s mother is dead (don´t think I´m not sorry about that) they should still remember that Lilleprinsessen IS a Danish princess and is born to (besides her parents) Denmark and should therfore have a Danish name. Henrietta isn´t that much Danish-like. It would become Henriette then and Prinsesse/Princess Henriette doesn´t cling very well IMHO

My guess would be: Tea/Astrid Dagmar Caroline Ingrid
I know Christian received the names of both of his grandparents and Lilleprinsessen would probably be given the same but as I said this is my guess (hope)

GrandDuchessOlga said:
Me third... But I´m starting to think it should only be a second or third name. It´s just as very Danish, traditional and as royal as the name Christian was given: Valdemar.
Given that Queen Dagmar was married to King Valdemar Sejr - the two names are certainly connected in Danish history. :flowers:

GrandDuchessOlga said:
I certaintly do NOT hope they will use Henrietta as a first name. The name is not pretty nor really royal at all.
Henrietta/Henriette might not be a royal name in Denmark, but the English, Scottish and Irish did have a queen by that name - so one cannot say that it isn't royal. ;)

Personally I'm inclined to believe that they encompassed Henrietta in Christian's name by using the French spelling of Prince Henrik's name, instead of the Danish.

Currier said:
I think M&F will find it difficult to call a tiny baby Ingrid. Nevertheless, I think they will honor F's grandmother. My guess the name will be Ingrid Rose Margrethe Mary.

I don't think they will name her Ingrid as a first name. There is already a Ingrid in the family. I could see it being a middle name though.

I had a dream last night: I was witnessing the christening of the little princess , and she was given the name Carolina!:flowers:

ladybelline said:
I had a dream last night: I was witnessing the christening of the little princess , and she was given the name Carolina!:flowers:

ladybelline, thats a really great name:)

It is a pretty name ladybelline but I think that it would be Caroline in Danish which is a royal name and quite popular these days I think so maybe you could be right ;)

I think that it would be Caroline in Danish

Thank you, GrandDuchessOlga !I didn't remember what was the Danish version of Caroline...:flowers: Wasn't one of the queens of Denmark Caroline-Mathilde ? And thinking of it, another one Juliane-Marie, quite a beautiful name also? Sorry for the spelling, I only have the French ones in my mind..:angel:

ladybelline said:
Thank you, GrandDuchessOlga !I didn't remember what was the Danish version of Caroline...:flowers: Wasn't one of the queens of Denmark Caroline-Mathilde ? And thinking of it, another one Juliane-Marie, quite a beautiful name also? Sorry for the spelling, I only have the French ones in my mind..:angel:
Queen Caroline-Mathilde had a love affair with the royal doctor, Struensee and gave birth to a girl presumed to be his. The marriage to the king was dissolved, and she was deported from Denmark. (But not back to her native England... the shame was too big for that. She spent her last days in Celle, in Hanover province. Of course, this was when her brother, George III, also sat on the throne in Hanover, so it was back to the family lands, in a way.)

Juliane-Marie was the stepmother of Caroline-Mathilde's husband. She played a big part in a coup against Struensee, who had quite a lot of power in Denmark at the time. After the coup, she, along with a few others, were the ones in power.

http://www.rosenborgslot.dk/v1/person.asp?PersonID=20&countryID=2&PersonTypeID=2

norwegianne said:
Queen Caroline-Mathilde had a love affair with the royal doctor, Struensee and gave birth to a girl presumed to be his. The marriage to the king was dissolved, and she was deported from Denmark. (But not back to her native England... the shame was too big for that. She spent her last days in Celle, in Hanover province. Of course, this was when her brother, George III, also sat on the throne in Hanover, so it was back to the family lands, in a way.)

Juliane-Marie was the stepmother of Caroline-Mathilde's husband. She played a big part in a coup against Struensee, who had quite a lot of power in Denmark at the time. After the coup, she, along with a few others, were the ones in power.

Rosenborg - Juliane Marie (1729-1796)

Little bit more tragic then just that.

Married at just 15 to a mentally ill and insane king and spend almost 4 months in the dungeons under Kronborg Castle in Elsinore, also known as "Hamlet's Castle", before being deported at age 21. She died at just 24.

So many sad stories amongst the royals back in those days.

MargreteI said:
Little bit more tragic then just that.

Married at just 15 to a mentally ill and insane king and spend almost 4 months in the dungeons under Kronborg Castle in Elsinore, also known as "Hamlet's Castle", before being deported at age 21. She died at just 24.

So many sad stories amongst the royals back in those days.

As far as I remember there was no dungeon. She had some rooms in the castle before she departed. But yes very sad. Imagine to be forced to mary a mental ill person aged 15. Terrible

betina said:
As far as I remember there was no dungeon. She had some rooms in the castle before she departed. But yes very sad. Imagine to be forced to mary a mental ill person aged 15. Terrible

Had some rooms and had some room, sounds nicer then it is, because Kronborg castle was a prison back then, not a Royal residence.

Rooms are not just rooms, some rooms are nicer then others. :D

Nouvelle said:
Astrid Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: she looks like little Astrid :wub:

That's a beautiful name Nouvelle. :wub:

I think they will name her Alexandrine Dagmar Margrethe Henrietta.

But they might use Helvig, Elizabeth, Mary (or any other forms of it) or Ingrid.

PrincessElena said:
I think they will name her Alexandrine Dagmar Margrethe Henrietta.

But they might use Helvig, Elizabeth, Mary (or any other forms of it) or Ingrid.

What about Matilde Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe ( i am starting to be a littel blank with girl names :ROFLMAO: )

Last edited:
I think it will definitely be an unusual but royal choice...I don't foresee a Caroline (because of Caroline Heering), Sophie, Louise, Emma, etc...all too common and popular...

I am still standing by: Arabella, Xenia, Matilda, Henrietta, Thyra as first names...with three/four middle names: Dagmar Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid

foiegrass said:
My guess would be Ingrid because Fredrick loves his grandma way too much.

Ingrid is a lovely name but I think they would use it as a middle name:

Charlotte Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta:wub:

Louisa Ingrid Astrid Margrethe

Personally I would love a Princess Barbarella, but I don't see that happening here ;). Maybe I should place my hopes on another girl for Martha-Louise, as she alredy has a ' Princess' Lea.

Marengo said:
Personally I would love a Princess Barbarella, but I don't see that happening here ;). Maybe I should place my hopes on another girl for Martha-Louise, as she alredy has a ' Princess' Lea.

Barbarella? :lol: That was the name of the character on our old pinball machine!

OMG!!! Now I have a pic in my mind of the baby wearing one of those awful Barbarella outfits as a onesis!:ROFLMAO:

I think it's safe to say that Barbarella won't be one of the names.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom