Girl 157 61.57%
Twins: boy & girl 6 2.35%
Twins: 2 boys 2 0.78%
Twins: 2 girls 5 1.96%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 03:32 AM
Commoner

Anyhow, any name will work. The little princess may get her name from all danish relatives

Old 04-22-2007, 04:18 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

either Maxima & williem-alexander
Cp Felipe
either Pavlos or Marie-chantal
Peter &/or Caroline Heering
and someone from Mary's family, probably her sisiter or father.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:21 AM
Courtier

From WIkipedia:
Quote:
The princess shares the same birthday as HM Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain.
I wonder if the Queen will congratulate the little princess somehow now that they share a birthday... Maybe she could be one of the godmothers or maybe the baby could be named Elizabeth..?
Old 04-22-2007, 05:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina
From WIkipedia:

I wonder if the Queen will congratulate the little princess somehow now that they share a birthday... Maybe she could be one of the godmothers or maybe the baby could be named Elizabeth..?
That's a great idea, Elizabeth, being her mothers middle name also, would be very special for the little princess.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I am thinking one of Mary's sisters......a Bereleburg cousin (since Pavols is one of Christian's...they will chose another cousin), Wilhem Alexander or Maxima, and two personal friends. Maybe Amber Petty but not sure if she "clean" enough. Didn't she date some one with a bad reputation.

Not Elizabeth II or the Princess Royal. They have no relationship from what I can see. A majority of Christian's godparents (are somewhat 2nd generation major royals -Victoria, Haakon, Pavlos and Mette Marit). Do they have a relationship with Phillipe or Mathilde?

I honestly think that sometimes we (I am using the royal we) think that people because they attend certain events are a lot closer than they are. Please note that I am not critizing anyone's suggestions for a possible godparent...its just an observation.

While they (all royals) have a somewhat similiar lifestyle, chosen path, etc.....picking a godparent for your child is supposed to be serious...you pick people are you close to, who you trust to raise your child in particular faith, serve as a back up parent, mentor etc. And I am not sure if some of these people (Phillipe, Mathilde, etc.) are that. You can see a relationship between Maxima and Mathilde, and that's why Mathilde being a godparent to Alexia isn't surprising. Victoria and Queen Beatrix as well. Beatrix serves as a mentor from one queen to a future queen...and will have not doubt a place of honour at Victoria's wedding. Didn't Margethe have a seat of honour at The Prince of Orange's wedding? Did Anne even attend Haakon's wedding. No, need to answer...she didn't attend and its WAY OFF topic but hopefully you get my point. And get this, she is one of his godmothers!
Well, while you are in general not wrong, I though think, that one has to take other measures for Royals. If you are choosing 8 godparents, all canīt be equal close. And as you have already hinted, one would also take some, who are just in the same position, but who canīt go to the zoo with the child or would do other things with it. In many cases itīs probably reduced down to some sent gifts, a call once or twice a year and some meetings, when the parents meet the business way.
There needs to be of course some kind of loose connection between the parents and positive signals...and Iīm not seeing that of the Windsors...since they hardly ever attend the big gatherings, where Royals can meet and mingle.
I think for the high profile choices Frederik and Mary have already chosen all those, they are really close to. So I wouldnīt be surprised, if the Royal choices this time would be not that close. For me this would be for example Willem Alexander and Maxima. Having no offspring of reigning Royals as godparents is of course a possibility too. But letīs face it high profile godparents are good PR (something that the Danish court never seems to hate) and itīs a nice symbol to choose someone, who is in a similiar position.

If someone is saying, that Carl Philip and Madeleine are too young for anything, itīs for me usually as if someone would light a bomb. Iīm so tired of this "nest protection" these two are still getting.
Carl Philip is close to 28 and only 2 years younger than Victoria...thatīs nothing. And also Madeleine isnīt anymore of this age, when you ask "Cutie, when are you going to graduate from high school?"
Both could have been godparents for 10 years. If they are not chosen, then because there could be no connection. There basically is already the one of relation...and they have also met at e.g. the Sofiero castle family meeting. I though could imagine, that Carl Philip wouldnīt be chosen, because he is trying to slip the Royal world and I donīt remember a single foreign Royal, he had closer contact to.
Madeleine on the other hand seems to enjoy these Royal meetings and seems to aim a permanent seat in the Royal world. So I think she would be an very appropriate choice...but as always...we will see
Old 04-22-2007, 07:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria was godparent for the first time at age 23 so Madeleines age shouldnt be a problem

My guess is Pattricia Bailey, princess Madeleine, prince Pavlos, Caroline Heering and a friend of Frederiks
Old 04-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Serene Highness

My guess:

Mary's sister Patricia Bailey
Prince Gustav av Berleberg
Princess Alexia of Greece (or Nicolas)
Mary's first lady-in-waiting Victoria
Ellen Hilsingo
Old 04-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I actually agree with the members suggesting Martha-Louise- I didn't immediately think of her, but you guys are right. The NRF and DRF are very close, and ML was among the people at the Slip Inn when Frederik met Mary.

Of the other royals, I would be amazed if any of the British royal family or the Spanish RF were named godparents. Neither of these families seem to have very close relations with the DRF. Same with the Japanese Imperial family, although choosing Naruhito would be an interesting choice.

If they choose another royal, I would expect it to be either Martha-Louise or Maxima and Willem-Alexander. Maxima seems to be friends with everyone, and WA, well, he'd be a good choice.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Courtier

Cool Broadcast of the baptism?

Hopefully they broadcast it as they did with Christian. Honestly Iī m not sure if they do since the girl isnīt the heir to the throne. This might be one reason why Frederik this time appeared in Jeans what I think he didnīt when Christian was born but I canīt exactly remember. Might be another hint that the girl is only in second rank....
Old 04-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Hopefully they broadcast it as they did with Christian. Honestly Iī m not sure if they do since the girl isnīt the heir to the throne.
They broadcasted both Nikolai and Felix' christening, so it would be very surprising if they didn't broadcast this one.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Courtier

My Guesses:

Family:
-John Stuart Donaldson.
-Alexia of Greece
-Alexandra S-W-B (Berleburg)

Friends:
-Amber Petty
-Helle Reedtz-Thott / Caroline Heering / Birgitte Handwerk (can't choose which one)
-Peter Warnoe / Peter Heering (can't chosse which one)

One Royal:
-Märtha-Louise of Norway
Old 04-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Moderator Emeritus

In TV they started speculating about the name, too.

The Royal "Experts" expect the Princess to get a traditional name.. Like boys (or let's say "future Kings") are always called Christian or Frederik they expect the little Princess to be named Ingrid or Margrethe.

Well, I still don't belive they name the lille Prinsesse Ingrid because of Ingrid-Alexandra who is also just called "Ingrid" by everyone.
I would prefer Margrethe if they decide to chose between those 2 names.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Courtier

I had forgotten about the lovely name Clara. I would definately like that too ..

It's too bad that we have to wait three more months for the baby's name ..
Old 04-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

All names will be okay. If the parents decide she will be Princess Pippi, then she will be Princess Pippi.

We will hear it soon enough in a few months.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Courtier

I would really love it if they chose Queen Elizabeth to be a godparent. I don't think the families necessarily have to be close, even though that would be nice. And if not the Queen, then maybe the Prince of Wales, or even Prince William.

I mean, how often can a baby of this generation say that the Queen of England is their godmother?
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Sophia Elizabeth Ingrid Henrietta
I think it will be Sofie/Sophie Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe

I am so glad that ther is a new Princess in the Danish Royal family..may she live long and have a healthey life with alot of joy and happines

Old 04-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

Charlotte Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Hopefully they broadcast it as they did with Christian. Honestly Iī m not sure if they do since the girl isnīt the heir to the throne. This might be one reason why Frederik this time appeared in Jeans what I think he didnīt when Christian was born but I canīt exactly remember. Might be another hint that the girl is only in second rank....
The littel princess is the 3. heir to the crown after her farther and her bigbrother.

I think that her godparents migth be:
CP Marys 2. sister (has forgotten her name )
Princess Alexandra of Berleburg
either W-A or Maxima
CP Haakon of Norway
Prince Carl phillip of Sweeden
Ellen Hillingsø
and one more of their friends

Old 04-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Commoner

I vote for Elizabeth as the first name.
But, as they don't have to be traditional this time, they can choose a different name they like as first name and then add Ingrid, Margrethe...etc.

Which names are the most usual in Denmark now?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinona
I vote for Elizabeth as the first name.
But, as they don't have to be traditional this time, they can choose a different name they like as first name and then add Ingrid, Margrethe...etc.

Which names are the most usual in Denmark now?
I found this on the net: (Latest statistic of the most popular girl names in Denmark)
1 Sofie
2 Laura
3 Freja
4 Mathilde
5 Caroline
6 Emma
7 Ida
8 Sara
9 Maja
10 Julie
11 Anna
12 Clara