The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Is it a boy or girl?
Boy 85 33.33%
Girl 157 61.57%
Twins: boy & girl 6 2.35%
Twins: 2 boys 2 0.78%
Twins: 2 girls 5 1.96%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
I found this link (and i hope i found the english link) to the ministry of family affairs.
Here you can see the rules about first, middle and last names, and thereafter i have linked the lists of names approved for girls and boys in Denmark.
We have theese laws so parents wont call their children names they will be nagged about. Some years ago in Denmark some parents wanted to call their son Satan and they were not allowed thank God .

Familiestyrelsen: The Danish Act on Names

and here the names:
Familiestyrelsen: Navnelister

choose either "Godkendte drengefornavne" (approved boy names)and hit "Vis liste"
or "Godkendte pigefornavne" (approvedgirl names) and hit "Vis liste"

Hope this solve it else feel free to ask more
Thanks for the links, Betina! It's interesting to see a lot of Muslim, Spanish/Latin American, Italian and German names on the lists, what could be seem as a sign of respect to the foreigners who live in Denmark.
Some names are odd, like Boy, Brutus and Cello and not royal at all

Old 04-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeara
I think Mary is born lucky so she will have the pigeon pair...boy then girl, and if they decide to have four children like Mary said...I predict two boys in a row...So boy-girl-boy-boy
Has she said that? Four kids nowadays are so much but if they want and can have four children it's great. Imagine a girl surrounded by three jeoulous brothers... I have a cousin in the same situation, she's the second child and has one big brother and two little brothers and she has a lot of problems dealing with her protective brothers, the poor girl...

Old 04-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristine
Has she said that? Four kids nowadays are so much but if they want and can have four children it's great. Imagine a girl surrounded by three jeoulous brothers... I have a cousin in the same situation, she's the second child and has one big brother and two little brothers and she has a lot of problems dealing with her protective brothers, the poor girl...
She stated that she thought 4 was a good number, and that she loved growing up with three siblings. Not those exact words, but she's said that.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I found this link (and i hope i found the english link) to the ministry of family affairs.
Here you can see the rules about first, middle and last names, and thereafter i have linked the lists of names approved for girls and boys in Denmark.
We have theese laws so parents wont call their children names they will be nagged about. Some years ago in Denmark some parents wanted to call their son Satan and they were not allowed thank God .

and here the names:

choose either "Godkendte drengefornavne" (approved boy names)and hit "Vis liste"

Why would you call your child Satan? I can only imagine how unwanted the child would feel in later life after being named after the devil

Thanks for the list Betina! It certainly is long I only flicked through the boy list. Thankfully all my favourites were there
Old 04-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
She stated that she thought 4 was a good number, and that she loved growing up with three siblings. Not those exact words, but she's said that.
I have three siblings and it's nice to have a lot of brothers and sisters. I can't imagine being the only child or having just one brother or one sister.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
Why would you call your child Satan? I can only imagine how unwanted the child would feel in later life after being named after the devil

Thanks for the list Betina! It certainly is long I only flicked through the boy list. Thankfully all my favourites were there
I don't understand how you can call your child Eg . That .."name".. was in the list too.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
I saw a tv programme some weeks ago here in Brazil and there was an old man called Hitler! Can't you believe? He probably was born during or soon after the WWII and it's unbelievable he was named after that tiran.
Thanks god the royals are more sensible.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Moderator Emeritus

For a girl:
I think Astrid would be a good choice... maybe as one of the middle names. It's a traditional royal name and there are several Royal women called Astrid (like Princess Astrid of Norway).

> I also like the names Aurelia , Lillian , Margrethe , Marita and Henrietta.

For a boy:
> Sondre , Henrik , Frederik, Erik, Sven

Old 04-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

I really hope that Mary will have girl As like me
Old 04-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
I don't understand how you can call your child Eg . That .."name".. was in the list too.
Eg in danish mean Oak in English. So its a tree name.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Frederika Gabriella Mary Ingrid
Old 04-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Courtier

For a boy, I think the'll go for Alexander.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Nobility

I remember when everybody here were guessing about Christian's name and it was more easy that time, since the two options for first name were basicaly Christian and Frederik. Now there are more possibilities but I don't think they will go with a different name. And in the Danish royal family are a lot of nice names, specially for a boy. That's why I think we have a Andre Frederik or a Astrid coming.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Serene Highness

This is very similar to what we have, apart from we do not publish a list of preapproved names. It basically means that if the name is not on the list then approval must be obtained from the Registrar (or whatever the title of the person who is in charge of the naming office). Unusual names are at their discretion.
A name like Tasman would probably be allowed as a subsidiary (middle) name as it reflects the antecedants of the mother.

Quote:

and here the names:

Old 04-17-2007, 06:55 AM
Commoner

i think if mary has another boy he will be named after frederik but then he could name him after his own father just maybe, although i like the name rene
Old 04-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

It would be nice that the new Princess Mary's baby would be a girl...And of course her parents should name her Margrethe Astrid Mary!

Vanesa.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Alexandra Louise Olga Mary Ingrid
Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Nobility

My new options of names to the new Danish royal baby:

Andre Alexander Frederik Joachim

and

Alice Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta
Old 04-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Courtier

If it's a girl I think Elizabeth would be perfet, and if the baby were to be a boy i believe Magnus would be perfect
Old 04-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Magnus Felix Haakon Frederik

Closed Thread

Tags
godparents, lilleprinsesse, princess isabella