The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Is it a boy or girl?
Boy 85 33.33%
Girl 157 61.57%
Twins: boy & girl 6 2.35%
Twins: 2 boys 2 0.78%
Twins: 2 girls 5 1.96%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Stephen (My Name)!! Alexander Johann Edvard

Old 04-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Nobility

I would love the new Danish royal baby be named Andre, Nicholas, Erik, Alexander, Peter, Thomas or Soren if it's a boy. If it's a girl, Alice, Astrid, Olivia (I don't know if it's a Danish name) or Anita are good options.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Nobility

I remember when I've got the news about Christian's birth and I felt so happy it was a boy after so many royal baby girls. And I hope it will be a boy again.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Nobility

It could be:
Margarethe Henrietta Catherine Elizabeth
or:
Andre Joachim Phillipe August
Old 04-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Aristocracy

I think Mary is born lucky so she will have the pigeon pair...boy then girl, and if they decide to have four children like Mary said...I predict two boys in a row...So boy-girl-boy-boy
Old 04-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Aristocracy

I am still going for:

Princess Arabella Dagmar Ingrid Henrietta
or
Prince Harald Abel Stuart Frederik
Old 04-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphills
It could be:

Andre Joachim Phillipe August
That's a great choice! All of them are nice names but Phillipe is spelled like that in Denmark?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Rupert David Frederik Axel Christian Knud Carl Valdemar
Old 04-15-2007, 05:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
What about Sven Donald Tasman Frederick
In Denmark there are rules what you are allowed to call your children. Tasman is not one of them, and with all though respect poor boy if he got that name
Old 04-15-2007, 05:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristine
I would love the new Danish royal baby be named Andre, Nicholas, Erik, Alexander, Peter, Thomas or Soren if it's a boy. If it's a girl, Alice, Astrid, Olivia (I don't know if it's a Danish name) or Anita are good options.
Yes very many little girls in Denmark are named Olivia. Very sweet name. I like Astrid more
Old 04-15-2007, 05:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
That's a great choice! All of them are nice names but Phillipe is spelled like that in Denmark?
The normal spelling in Denmark would be Filip or Philip
Old 04-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Totally agree with you Cristine! Love Soren but it isn't very royal. Peter, Andre and Nicholas are royal. I also love Alice and suggested it in a previous post

Haha we even share our names
Old 04-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
In Denmark there are rules what you are allowed to call your children. Tasman is not one of them, and with all though respect poor boy if he got that name
I'm really curious about these "rules"! Having worked in the Births, Deaths & Marriages Registry here in Perth Australia I know that we have some guidelines but no rules per se. Are you able to post a link to these rules or a summary of them.
I fail to see what is wrong with Tasman. Wold it also preclude Tamsin for a little princess??
Old 04-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Here in Brazil there aren't rules about what names the parents can choose for their children and we see a lot of ridiculous, embarrassing and strange names, many of them are reated by the parents - ugly names by the way. But people with strange or ridiculous names are allowed to ask to change them by a lawsuit. In Portugal there are a list of the names allowed and that's the reason the Portugueses have always the same name - Joaquim, Manuel, Luis, Joo... But I think its much better than allowing any kind of name.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Yes very many little girls in Denmark are named Olivia. Very sweet name. I like Astrid more
I think Astrid Olivia Ingrid Henrietta would be a lovely name but maybe Frederik and Mary would like to put Margrethe in the middle.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
Totally agree with you Cristine! Love Soren but it isn't very royal. Peter, Andre and Nicholas are royal. I also love Alice and suggested it in a previous post

Haha we even share our names
Just after writing my suggestions of names for the new prince/princess I get noticed that Nicholas is almost the same as Nikolai so maybe Nicholas is out of question. So my suggestion for the name is Andre Frederik Gustaf (after Frederick's great-grandfather) Stuart (after Mary's brother). Or put Joaquim instead of Stuart.

Oh, it's nice I'm not the only one called Cristine here!
Old 04-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
What rules should be followed ? can you give an example pls ...
I like the name Alexander or Felix if its a boy. i think it sounds nice if you call your sons both alexander & christian they work together.
For a girl, Alexandra, Anesa, Fenia ( princess Fenia, that sound nice.. "The girl's name Fenia \f(e)-nia\. In Scandinavian mythology, a giantess enslaved by the Danish king Frodi, who reigned peacefully for thirty years." source ) i think a change of name would be nice..
Old 04-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I'm really curious about these "rules"! Having worked in the Births, Deaths & Marriages Registry here in Perth Australia I know that we have some guidelines but no rules per se. Are you able to post a link to these rules or a summary of them.
I fail to see what is wrong with Tasman. Wold it also preclude Tamsin for a little princess??
In Denmark we have lists of names and different spellings of names which are approved and can be used without any problems. If you want to name your baby something else you can apply to the Ministry of Ecclesiastical Affairs - my husband and I did that for our third daughter via the local parish clerk. If the forname you apply for is considered to be a proper forname, not unsuitable to be used as a name in Denmark, is not inappropriate or may cause offence the application will probably go through.
A name may be rejected if the spelling of it coincides with the pronounciation of another family's surname for example (as happened in our case since a lot of surnames are now protected names); when we changed it - just removed a letter - it was approved.

Tasman would be a really odd-sounding name for a Danish baby IMO - the same with Tamsin. But of course foreign-sounding names will probably be approved when one of the parents are foreigners and can demonstrate valid cause for choosing the name.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I found this link (and i hope i found the english link) to the ministry of family affairs.
Here you can see the rules about first, middle and last names, and thereafter i have linked the lists of names approved for girls and boys in Denmark.
We have theese laws so parents wont call their children names they will be nagged about. Some years ago in Denmark some parents wanted to call their son Satan and they were not allowed thank God .

Familiestyrelsen: The Danish Act on Names

and here the names:
Familiestyrelsen: Navnelister

choose either "Godkendte drengefornavne" (approved boy names)and hit "Vis liste"
or "Godkendte pigefornavne" (approvedgirl names) and hit "Vis liste"

Hope this solve it else feel free to ask more
Old 04-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Just after writing my suggestions of names for the new prince/princess I get noticed that Nicholas is almost the same as Nikolai so maybe Nicholas is out of question. So my suggestion for the name is Andre Frederik Gustaf (after Frederick's great-grandfather) Stuart (after Mary's brother). Or put Joaquim instead of Stuart.

Oh, it's nice I'm not the only one called Cristine here!
Yea it is like Nikolai. I don't really like Gustaf so I would replace it with Axel. I think Andre Axel has a nice ring to it.

You aren't the only Cristine but mine is spelt differently : Christine

Closed Thread

Tags
godparents, lilleprinsesse, princess isabella