Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GlitteringTiaras said:
Mary was a Presbyterian until she married Frederik, then she converted to the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Denmark.

Oh ok thank, you Glittering Tiaras and Lena. I mixed it up, but I was sure she was not catholic. :flowers:

The Danish Royals are Lutherans? That's so cool, I'm Lutheran, too! I KNEW there was a reason I wanted to live in Denmark someday!

I still think they'll name her Elisabeth, with Margrethe and Henrietta and another name, I think I said Ingrid. If they put Henrietta in there, it could be honoring Henrik and Christian a little bit too, if you think about it.

Stefanie said:
I just want to mention that in the Netherlands (Crown-)princess Amalia has got five names whereas her sisters only have got four names....
I suppose the little girl will get less names than her brother.

Catharina-Amalia is considered one name because its hyphenated, so all three girls have the same number of names:flowers:

As for the Danish princess, I've become fond of the name Thyra... How Danes see that name nowadays?

HRH Princess Andrea Elizabeth Lacy Louise Henrietta Ingrid of Denmark

Is there a difference between Lutheran and Baptist (Not Changing Subject) :)

Yes, there is. Lutheran and Baptist are two different denominations within the overall Protestant church. And each of those denominations has subgroups within it that have varying beliefs. I can't speak to exactly what the differences are between the Lutheran and Baptist beliefs except that Lutherans would be closer to Catholicism than Baptists and Lutherans believe in infant baptism as opposed to adult immersion baptism by the Baptists. Perhaps someone else can be more specific.

woops, my mistake! Still, I prove my point- they weren't all Danish Lutherans.

I am not religious at all so I find the whole godparents thing a bit odd...but I am always up for a bit a speculation or guessing game ;) And as a preface to all those posts that said Prince Carl Philip or Princess Madeleine were too young to be godparents...Personally I would prefer a younger godparent, one who I could grow up with, maybe relate to a bit more, go to for advice...the idea of an "Uncle" Carl Philip or "Aunt" Madeleine as a potential mentor is very appealing...

I think:

Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine (as the "couple" from Sweden)
Princess Martha-Louise
Princess Mathilde (perhaps over Princess Maxima, don't ask me why just a hunch)
The Reedtz-Thott's, Otto & Helle
Patricia Bailey and John Donaldson jnr.
Peter Varnoe (the Verbier guy, just to ensure ongoing vacations ;) )

A few wildcards:
Amber Petty - I doubt it though, but if you believe all the tabloids, Amber was apparantly very put out that she was snubbed as a choice for Christian's godparents (very petty) and I don't think Mary will restore the balance by making her godparent this time, but you just never know!

Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander - I have been known to be wrong on occassion

Caroline and Peter Heering - I am not sure about good friend, Caroline who is also lady-in-waitng would add to those responsibilities by being offered the godparent job...too involved I guess?

Some of Mary and Fred's other Danish friends that I not aware of...Mads Mikkelsen (I wish he was their friend) could be a good photo op (for me) with my two favourite Danes (Mary & Mads) ;)

My top three choices :

1) Emma Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie
2) Catherine Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie
3) Isabella Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie

But, for some reason I think they are going to name her Louise.

laduchesse said:
I'm thinking Dagmar Margrethe Ingrid Henrietta.

Finally!!! Someone thinks like me, lol!!! I've been thinking about those names, I really like them.:flowers:

Anna_R said:
Catharina-Amalia is considered one name because its hyphenated, so all three girls have the same number of names:flowers:

As for the Danish princess, I've become fond of the name Thyra... How Danes see that name nowadays?

wery wery oldfahioned. it sound way better when you say it in english than in danish. I dont hope she get that name for a calling name.
sorry Anna_R

I think Caroline and Peter Heering are good candidates to be godparents. Both are good friends with Frederik and Mary, run in the right circles, and I think Frederik is godfather to one of their children.

Prince Carl Philip (more like a wish) but I think he has potential because Queen Margrethe is his godmother.

Patricia Bailey (if Mary is going in order with her siblings)

Just a guess!

Holger Foss, Frederik's old friend (and married to ballet dancer Rose Gad), might be a candidate too as a godparent.

Friend of Frederik
Friend of Mary
Madeleine of Sweden
Prince Gustaf

^I agree Thyra is much too oldfashioned... when I hear the name (in Danish) I see an old matron of a lady...so no...

I haven't really thought of what they'll call her, but I figure Ingrid and Henrietta will be in there somewhere...

I've currently got the name Louise stuck in my head so what about,

Louise Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta.

dmriley7 said:
My top three choices :

1) Emma Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie
2) Catherine Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie
3) Isabella Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie

I like all three of these names, except, I don't think they will put Marie in the end ..

Stefanie said:
I just want to mention that in the Netherlands (Crown-)princess Amalia has got five names whereas her sisters only have got four names....
I suppose the little girl will get less names than her brother.

I guess they're running out of creativity ... :rolleyes:

What I do know is that the names where given to the previous two princesses after their baptism godmothers... is this also common in Denmark?

lise said:
I've currently got the name Louise stuck in my head so what about,

Louise Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta.

I think the same as you lise although I had Ingrid Louise Margrethe Henrietta.
I really hope they don't call her Dagmar:sad:

Thyra

She was the one daughter of King Frederik who had a child out of wedlock. And some other Thyra I know is married to Heinrich of Hannover (Ernst-August´s brother) and Heinrich also has a child out of wedlock (with Desiree Nick). So this name might always have a little unpleasant taste. Another problem might come up: How will Australian Mary try to pronounce it? "Taira" or so?

How does one pronounce Thyra? Is it Thigh-ruh or Tee-ruh or something else altogether?

crm2317 said:
I think the same as you lise although I had Ingrid Louise Margrethe Henrietta.
I really hope they don't call her Dagmar:sad:

me too, but we all know that Mary is a modern woman and she won't choose an old-fashioned name for her daughter. It hasn't to be a traditional name. The princess won't be heiress. Christian has a traditional name but the princess doesn't have to. I like the name Alice

Nouvelle said:
me too, but we all know that Mary is a modern woman and she won't choose an old-fashioned name for her daughter. It hasn't to be a traditional name. The princess won't be heiress. Christian has a traditional name but the princess doesn't have to. I like the name Alice

Yes but for me Dagmar is not the name for a precious baby girl. This little one needs something sweet like Alice, Louise or Caitlyn

Stefanie said:
She was the one daughter of King Frederik who had a child out of wedlock. And some other Thyra I know is married to Heinrich of Hannover (Ernst-August´s brother) and Heinrich also has a child out of wedlock (with Desiree Nick). So this name might always have a little unpleasant taste. Another problem might come up: How will Australian Mary try to pronounce it? "Taira" or so?

Its correct that Frederik 8. had a daughter named Thyra, but its was Christian 9. daughter Thyra who had a daughter out of wedlock and not her niece.
Christian 9. daughter married Duke Ernst August of Hannover and it was his sgrandchild who also had a childout of wedlock.¨
Frederik 8. daughter Thyra never married.

And no the danish name Thyra is not pronounced the way you suggest. The danish language is very hard to tell ppl and i have to think about a propper way for you to pronounce it.

Stefanie said:

Maybe I have an Idea. Do you know french? The y is pronounced exatly like the french u like "Susanne" and "une"
Then you have a normal T like "take" then you take the french way to say "u" and finally the "ra" sound is like grass proounced like they would do in oxford thats really the best i can do it. hope it make a little sense

Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarifications about the name. In my head Dagmar sounded more old fashioned than Thyra, somehow...:flowers:

So would Thyra be pronounced like- t-eu-ra. Eu the way u is said in french?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom