Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Maxima said:
As I've guess Prince Christian's name haha.. here goes my choice:

- Princess Desirée Margrethe Ingrid Henrietta :)

Great choice!
My favorite name for a girl would also be Désirée, together with Emma.
For the second names I agree with you, too.

they'll use margrethe or henrietta, probably both, as middle names. i don't know about first names... elisabeth (or elizabeth- not sure how they spell it in Denmark) would be nice, or alexandra. here's my choice

Princess Elisabeth Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta

other question, not sure if off topic or not, but would his/her title be HRH or just HH? i kno that with sverre magnus of norway, he's an HH instead of HRH.

I think since this baby will most likely be born in May...She (?) will have names honouring others born in May...like her grandmother, Henrietta and Princess Dagmar was also born in May...

I stand by my choice of:
Princess Arabella Dagmar Henrietta Ingrid

Yes, Dagmar would be a nice name. I don't how how much it's used anymore in the family. But then again, there haven't been any girls in the immediate royal family in a while!

Possible son's names:

From the sons of King Frederik: Carl, Harald, Gustav
From the sons of King Christian IX: Frederik, Wilhelm, Waldemar

Some female names from previous Danish royal families:

Thyra, Ingeborg, Louise, Dagmar, and of course Alexandra

Thyra and Ingeborg sounds particularly Scandanavian.

Carl or Waldemar are my favorites for boys.

oh i LOVE Waldemar for a boy. is it pronounced like Wal-de-mar or Val-de-mar? or Wal-dee-mar, Val-dee-mar?

acdc1 said:
here's my choice

Princess Elisabeth Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta

other question, not sure if off topic or not, but would his/her title be HRH or just HH? i kno that with sverre magnus of norway, he's an HH instead of HRH.

I'm pretty sure all of M&F's children will be HRHs. And I like your name choice BTW! :flowers:

acdc1 said:
oh i LOVE Waldemar for a boy. is it pronounced like Wal-de-mar or Val-de-mar? or Wal-dee-mar, Val-dee-mar?

I don't know if they'd name the second son [if it's a boy] Waldemar if Valdemar is in Christian's name.

acdc1 said:

its val as in "valley" de as in "den" and mar as in "marsh" :flowers:

I think the name Christoffer would be perfect and its an old danish king name

I also like Christoffer, betina! Christian and Christoffer! I can't wait!!!

Ok now that we now its a little girl i will guess on Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Mary
I know the princess in Norway is named Ingrid but i dont think that Frederik have a problem with that.
Grats to the 2 times parents

Ingrid Alice Mary Henrietta Gabriella Kari

Maybe the name Elizabeth will be included somewhere. This new Princess shares a birthday with QEII.

i still think

HRH Princess Elisabeth Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta

it would be nice to have a little Elisabeth, since she shares her birthday with HM Queen Elizabeth II!

My guess: they will include Anne, Margrethe and Desirée in the baby's name, not sure in what order.

Desirée Margrethe Anne Henrietta
or
Desirée Margrethe Anne Elizabeth

Last edited:
I like Elisa, since she is born on the same day as Queen Elizabeth. :flowers:

I still think "Princess Dagmar Margrethe Ingrid Henrietta" would be a nice name for the new Princess, "Princess Dagmar", I really like the name.:flowers: I guess we'll have to wait three months, hope they go by quick, lol!!! Personally I don't think they'll name her "Ingrid" as a first name because: 1-Crown Prince Haakon's daughter's name is Ingrid-Alexandra and 2-Crown Prince Frederik's cousin's daughter is also Ingrid.

Last edited:
I hope the name will be Ingrid Elizabeth Margrethe Henrietta.

Now that we know it's a girl: Desirée Margrethe Ingrid Henrietta

New Danish Princess' Godparents

Who do you think the new little princess' godparents will be?

CP Mary's younger sister and her brother will probably be included this time......past that, probably more of the same people.

Since it´s a girl I hope for one female member of the Greek royal family. Maybe Alexia or Theodora. (If yes one advantage will be that they´re often visible when they broadcast the baptism and in case of Alexia Stefanie would be very happy if that happens...):wub:

After little Alexia in the NETHERLANDS was born I´ve always problems whenever I type the name of my favourite GREEK princess Alexia let´s say at Google or so because they first show everything of the Netherland princess.
So I´d prefer a name you can find immediately and that can´t be mixed up with another princess.

Yes, I think Alexia or Theodora, and one of Mary's siblings. Probably a friend of the family, maybe one of Princess Benedikte's children, and definately a foreign prince or princess. I don't know any princes or princesses their close to other than the ones already used, however.

I am wishing to see the small princess I am sure that are precious.

What names haven't been used by any other princess for a long time?

I like the name Louise. It's a name of swedish princess who married a danish king Frederick viii.so,the full name may be:

HRH Princess Louise Margaret Henrietta

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom