Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Maxima and Letizia have had/going to have girls...but I really hope Mary has a little Princess!

Elizabeth would be pretty tho.

I voted for a Girl. I think is a possibility.

I guess we can rule out the name Knud/t for a small boy, considering Germany's new pet. Well, I didn' t like the name anyway. I would like a rather scandinavian one for a prince/princess, so a Gorm, Viggo, Aage, Axel, Valdemar or Erik. For a girl I before already mentioned Thyra or Dagmar.

If the child were to be a boy they should just name it Steve. It's simple and easy to pronounce.

;)

Marengo said:
I guess we can rule out the name Knud/t for a small boy, considering Germany's new pet.

Unless the DRF thinks Germany will give them a free pass to the zoo! :lol:

would they name him Valdemar, since that's one of Christian's middle names? it would be nice if they used Frederik as a middle name if it was a boy. if a girl, henrietta may be a nice middle name, too, after Mary's mother. if they used henrietta, they may use margrethe as another name, like when they used john after mary's father they used Henri for Prince Henrik as well.

GlitteringTiaras said:
If the child were to be a boy they should just name it Steve. It's simple and easy to pronounce.

;)

:lol: Nah far too common sounding.

GlitteringTiaras said:
If the child were to be a boy they should just name it Steve. It's simple and easy to pronounce.;)

What about Sven Donald Tasman Frederick

I hope it is a little brother for Prince Christian

Boy: Soren Peter
Georg Fredrik Andre
Erik Axel Joachim

Girl: Astrid Margrethe Henrietta
Elisabeth Katherine Mary
Alice Ingrid Marie

Last edited:
Stephen (My Name)!! Alexander Johann Edvard

I would love the new Danish royal baby be named Andre, Nicholas, Erik, Alexander, Peter, Thomas or Soren if it's a boy. If it's a girl, Alice, Astrid, Olivia (I don't know if it's a Danish name) or Anita are good options.

I remember when I've got the news about Christian's birth and I felt so happy it was a boy after so many royal baby girls. And I hope it will be a boy again.

It could be:
Margarethe Henrietta Catherine Elizabeth
or:
Andre Joachim Phillipe August

I think Mary is born lucky so she will have the pigeon pair...boy then girl, and if they decide to have four children like Mary said...I predict two boys in a row...So boy-girl-boy-boy

I am still going for:

Princess Arabella Dagmar Ingrid Henrietta
or
Prince Harald Abel Stuart Frederik

saphills said:
It could be:

Andre Joachim Phillipe August

That's a great choice! All of them are nice names but Phillipe is spelled like that in Denmark?

Rupert David Frederik Axel Christian Knud Carl Valdemar

wymanda said:
What about Sven Donald Tasman Frederick

In Denmark there are rules what you are allowed to call your children. Tasman is not one of them, and with all though respect poor boy if he got that name :lol:

cristine said:
I would love the new Danish royal baby be named Andre, Nicholas, Erik, Alexander, Peter, Thomas or Soren if it's a boy. If it's a girl, Alice, Astrid, Olivia (I don't know if it's a Danish name) or Anita are good options.

Yes very many little girls in Denmark are named Olivia. Very sweet name. I like Astrid more

cristine said:
That's a great choice! All of them are nice names but Phillipe is spelled like that in Denmark?

The normal spelling in Denmark would be Filip or Philip

cristine said:

Totally agree with you Cristine! Love Soren but it isn't very royal. Peter, Andre and Nicholas are royal. I also love Alice and suggested it in a previous post:flowers:

Haha we even share our names

betina said:
In Denmark there are rules what you are allowed to call your children. Tasman is not one of them, and with all though respect poor boy if he got that name :lol:

I'm really curious about these "rules"! Having worked in the Births, Deaths & Marriages Registry here in Perth Australia I know that we have some guidelines but no rules per se. Are you able to post a link to these rules or a summary of them.
I fail to see what is wrong with Tasman. Wold it also preclude Tamsin for a little princess??

betina said:

Here in Brazil there aren't rules about what names the parents can choose for their children and we see a lot of ridiculous, embarrassing and strange names, many of them are reated by the parents - ugly names by the way. But people with strange or ridiculous names are allowed to ask to change them by a lawsuit. In Portugal there are a list of the names allowed and that's the reason the Portugueses have always the same name - Joaquim, Manuel, Luis, João... But I think it´s much better than allowing any kind of name.

betina said:
Yes very many little girls in Denmark are named Olivia. Very sweet name. I like Astrid more

I think Astrid Olivia Ingrid Henrietta would be a lovely name but maybe Frederik and Mary would like to put Margrethe in the middle.

crm2317 said:
Totally agree with you Cristine! Love Soren but it isn't very royal. Peter, Andre and Nicholas are royal. I also love Alice and suggested it in a previous post:flowers:

Haha we even share our names

Just after writing my suggestions of names for the new prince/princess I get noticed that Nicholas is almost the same as Nikolai so maybe Nicholas is out of question. So my suggestion for the name is Andre Frederik Gustaf (after Frederick's great-grandfather) Stuart (after Mary's brother). Or put Joaquim instead of Stuart.

Oh, it's nice I'm not the only one called Cristine here! ;)

betina said:

What rules should be followed ? can you give an example pls ...
I like the name Alexander or Felix if its a boy. i think it sounds nice if you call your sons both alexander & christian they work together.
For a girl, Alexandra, Anesa, Fenia ( princess Fenia, that sound nice.. "The girl's name Fenia \f(e)-nia\. In Scandinavian mythology, a giantess enslaved by the Danish king Frodi, who reigned peacefully for thirty years." source ) i think a change of name would be nice..

wymanda said:
I'm really curious about these "rules"! Having worked in the Births, Deaths & Marriages Registry here in Perth Australia I know that we have some guidelines but no rules per se. Are you able to post a link to these rules or a summary of them.
I fail to see what is wrong with Tasman. Wold it also preclude Tamsin for a little princess??

In Denmark we have lists of names and different spellings of names which are approved and can be used without any problems. If you want to name your baby something else you can apply to the Ministry of Ecclesiastical Affairs - my husband and I did that for our third daughter via the local parish clerk. If the forname you apply for is considered to be a proper forname, not unsuitable to be used as a name in Denmark, is not inappropriate or may cause offence the application will probably go through.
A name may be rejected if the spelling of it coincides with the pronounciation of another family's surname for example (as happened in our case since a lot of surnames are now protected names); when we changed it - just removed a letter - it was approved.

Tasman would be a really odd-sounding name for a Danish baby IMO - the same with Tamsin. But of course foreign-sounding names will probably be approved when one of the parents are foreigners and can demonstrate valid cause for choosing the name.

wymanda said:

I found this link (and i hope i found the english link) to the ministry of family affairs.
Here you can see the rules about first, middle and last names, and thereafter i have linked the lists of names approved for girls and boys in Denmark. :flowers:
We have theese laws so parents wont call their children names they will be nagged about. Some years ago in Denmark some parents wanted to call their son Satan:bang: and they were not allowed thank God .

Familiestyrelsen: The Danish Act on Names

and here the names:
Familiestyrelsen: Navnelister

choose either "Godkendte drengefornavne" (approved boy names)and hit "Vis liste"
or "Godkendte pigefornavne" (approvedgirl names) and hit "Vis liste"

Hope this solve it else feel free to ask more :flowers:

cristine said:
Just after writing my suggestions of names for the new prince/princess I get noticed that Nicholas is almost the same as Nikolai so maybe Nicholas is out of question. So my suggestion for the name is Andre Frederik Gustaf (after Frederick's great-grandfather) Stuart (after Mary's brother). Or put Joaquim instead of Stuart.

Oh, it's nice I'm not the only one called Cristine here! ;)

Yea it is like Nikolai. I don't really like Gustaf so I would replace it with Axel. I think Andre Axel has a nice ring to it.

You aren't the only Cristine but mine is spelt differently : Christine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom