Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be easiest whith a new boy but it would be nice with a girl in the "boys" denmark.

About a possible name i guess Prince Carl, Prince Valdemar or Prince Michael for a boy and Princess Victoria, Princess Elisabeth or Princess Astrid for a girl.

Last edited:
As one of Christian's names was 'John' in honour of Mary's dad, maybe if they have another boy they could add in 'Donald'. Unlikely, I know, but it would be nice.

i will love the names sophie or louise for a baby girl

I believe Prince Henrik's parents are Andre and Renee - wonder if Danish versions of these might be used. My guess:

Mathilde Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid

Can't think past Erik for boy

For a boy possibly Erik Alexander Rudolf Fraz Henrik Gustav

For a boy I like the names

Sebastian
Oliver
Alexander

I still hope for a little princess named

Dagmar Ingrid Henrietta Thyra

If it is a boy I bet he will have Frederik in his name.

I Do to and Maybe Johann the Danish for John

That sounds rather German to me, but maybe they use the name in Denmark to?

Based on the names of Frederik's grandfather and great-grandfather they could pick:

Michael, Carl, Franz, Alexander, Albert, Vilhelm

I personally prefer Michael, Carl or Alexander the others are quite old-fashioned.

Some girls names from within the extended family tree
Victoria, Sofia, Charlotte, Amelia

Last edited:
I like Sofia or Charlotte. I can't see Mary wanting Dagmar.

Mette Elizabeth Charlotta Augusta Ingrid

It will be a boy, I don't know why I have that feeling.

catango said:
It will be a boy, I don't know why I have that feeling.

I have that feeling catango, not long to wait now to see if we are right. :flowers:

I looked up Danish names on google, and I liked these names from the sites I looked at:

For a girl
Annelisa/Annelise
Federikke
Helle
Karoline
Katrine
Magdalone
Mettalise

For a boy
Axel
Jakob

So maybe they'll use one of them ;)

I LOVE the name Michael (plan on naming my son that if I have one) but I don't know if that would really be a Danish name or not. I think they should do a name that hasn't been used in a while, whether it's a boy or a girl. Ingrid might be nice, or maybe Holger. I don't know of any others.

I love the name Perla :flowers:
(or Sofia, Laura, Ida, Clara, Victoria)

I'm very sure about the middlenames.
XXXXXXX Ingrid Margethe Henrietta it is IMO.

But I'm 100 % sure that they will choose something cute, danish(Also pronoucable in English) and modern.

I was wondering, and forgive me if this question has been asked before, but, as this baby is not direct heir to the throne, will we have to wait for the christening to find out the name?? as with Christian. :ermm:

crisscross1 said:
I was wondering, and forgive me if this question has been asked before, but, as this baby is not direct heir to the throne, will we have to wait for the christening to find out the name?? as with Christian. :ermm:

I think so, I've read on other boards that the name will be announced at the christening like Christian's was. Such a long time for us though! ;)

JessRulz said:
I think so, I've read on other boards that the name will be announced at the christening like Christian's was. Such a long time for us though! ;)

Oh no, such a long time to wait. :ohmy:

So when's the little baby being born, in June?

JessRulz said:
Yep. That makes three months after the baby is born :neutral:

A name for the royal baby if it is a girl could be Astrid Ingrid Margaret Henrietta.

Stellad

stellad said:
A name for the royal baby if it is a girl could be Astrid Ingrid Margaret Henrietta.

Stellad

I like this one.

i'd love her to have a girl. there are only boys in that family. besides i think that with both their good looks in a few years time we'd have a stunningly beautiful princess.
but realistically speaking i guess that it's more probable she'll have a boy.
i still hope for a girl though ;)

i like the name ingrid and elizabeth but i don't think they'll use them as first names, as they are being used by princesses in other royal houses. i'd love to see them choose an independent name for the baby, you know let him/her have a name for himself/herself rather than naming them after other people.
and i'd love to see them choose sara for example. or emma

princess emma sara wouldn't sound so bad:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom