Girl 157 61.57%
Twins: boy & girl 6 2.35%
Twins: 2 boys 2 0.78%
Twins: 2 girls 5 1.96%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

Two Ingrid's around the same age is just too much in my opinion (Princess Ingrid of Norway)...

I think it will definitely be Margrethe, because it CAN'T be Ingrid...Mary wouldn't allow it...her child has to be "unique" (to a point)...I know grandmothers name is "Margrethe"...but she is QUEEN Margrethe and this will be PRINCESS Margrethe...QMII is known as *Daisy*...Princess Margrethe will perhaps go by "Maggie" or "Meg"...some Aussie/Scottish pet form of the name...

But here is the dilemma...I am sure Mary would want to include Henrietta somewhere in her first girls name (Margrethe Dagmar Ingrid Henrietta) but does that mean if she has a second girl that she won't use it as a first name?

Old 11-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I feel pretty certain that, if the baby is a girl, she will be named after Mary's mother, at least one of her middle names will be, similar to Christian's middle names of Henri and John- after Fred and Mary's fathers, respectively. I think they will use their mother's names again. Or at least Mary's mother's name. I would be shocked if they didn't.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I really hope the new baby will get a traditional and typical Scandinavian name!
I don't think they will chose the name Ingrid (since this is the name of the Danish neighbours' Heir to the Throne ).

I love the names:

Agnetha Åse Henriette Margrethe Dagny

Sondre Olav Frederik

So, my vote goes for Princess Agnetha or Prince Sondre

Old 11-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Are you a big ABBA-fan, Her_Majesty?
Old 11-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Are you a big ABBA-fan, Her_Majesty?
Me? Possible..
I just like this name! I think it sounds so beautiful the way it is pronounced in Sweden.
(I would vote for a Princess Anni-Frid, but there's already one existing)

Old 11-27-2006, 05:43 PM

I would be surprised as well if they didn't use Henrietta (if it's a girl). I've read in previous posts that some believe Henri (Christian's third name) is to honor both Henrik and Mary's mother, Henrietta. I personally don't think that's the case although the names are similar.

I do think that it would be sweet that the new baby would have a similar name (Henri-Henrietta) as Christian. Possibly a new tradition! However, I think that would only work if the baby were a girl which seems to be what most people are pulling for.

Best Regards!
Old 11-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sofia Magdelena Elizabeth Ingrid Henrietta Desiree
Old 11-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Courtier

Emma or Désirée for the first name, then something traditional like Thyra or Dagmar, and finally the two Grandmas Margharete and Henrietta...
and for a boy I don´t know... something like Mikael, but I think they would include Frederik in the name somewhere...
Old 11-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Nobility

Marie-Frederikke Margrethe Henrietta

In case there are no other children and # 2 becomes heir as the spare, we'd need a proper name under which to rule...so I think Margrethe in there somewhere is a definite.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:40 PM

For a Princess:
Laura Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe

For a Prince:
Oskar Joachim Carl Frederik

Dagmar would be a beautiful and symbolic name for a little Princess but to Australian ears it would be like naming a daughter Uglimo. Though hopefully they will incorporate it nonetheless!

Laura and Oskar are elegant and well-known names in both Denmark and Australia. I'm praying for HRH Princess Laura of Denmark!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Aristocracy

Unfortunately, they are not naming the baby for *Australian ears* they are naming it as the possible future monarch of DANMARK...Australians are quite irrelevant in the scheme of things :)

I think in the Danish context *Dagmar* is a great name to be included in the baby's list of names...it's historical, very traditional, very timely (Dagmar's reburial this year) and some might even say "neccessary"

Laura is a bit too normal for a Princess of Denmark...not regal enough
Old 12-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
I feel pretty certain that, if the baby is a girl, she will be named after Mary's mother, at least one of her middle names will be, similar to Christian's middle names of Henri and John- after Fred and Mary's fathers, respectively. I think they will use their mother's names again. Or at least Mary's mother's name. I would be shocked if they didn't.
Yes I think they will honor Mary's mother in that way maybe the first or second name.I really don't see the first name being Ingrid give that is the first name of CP Haakon's daughter in Norway.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Aristocracy

I really like the way Ingrid Dagmar Margrethe Mary sounds, that, and I really hope it's a girl!
Old 12-04-2006, 02:55 AM
Aristocracy

I put forward a combo of 4+ names because they have significance (maybe) and Mary and Fred should just use them...OK

Princess: Margrethe Dagmar Matilda Olympia Henrietta Maria

Prince: Harald Abel Vilhelm Andre Johannes Frederik

Are they allowed to use 6 names? Do you want to know the reason behind each name...because I will tell you
Old 12-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Royal Highness

It seems to be tradition to use four names. Frederik, Joachim, Christian, Nikolai, Felix, and Benedikte all have four names. However, Princess Elisabeth has 11 names so I guess anything is possible! There are so many good names for a girl - that are all significant, so I guess it's up to Frederik and Mary whether they want to keep it to four names. I doubt this is going to be their last child so I'm sure all the significant names (Ingrid, Henrietta, Frederik, Margrethe, etc.) will be used eventually.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:53 AM
Courtier

Maybe for a girl...
Sigrid
Helena
Alexandrine
Karolina

Old 12-07-2006, 05:50 AM
Aristocracy

if it's a boy again, which i am getting the feeling it might be then i am sure somewhere within his name there be a Frederik or Christian, cause i notice when going thru all the males not including Prince Henrik but The Royal Blood line all the males have had if not the first name but in the middle names a Frederik or Christian, cause if something happened to the next in line heir, the 2nd male does have a kings name in his name, either Fredrik or Christian have a look and you see.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Aristocracy

i say another boy, i think it runs in the family
Old 12-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Commoner

I would have to vote for my name...Louise.
It's a great name!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:42 PM

I do hope it's a GIRL !

Here are my top three name choices :

1.Emma Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie

2.Isabella Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie

3.Sophie Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie

Closed Thread

Tags
godparents, lilleprinsesse, princess isabella