Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Ingrid's around the same age is just too much in my opinion (Princess Ingrid of Norway)...

I think it will definitely be Margrethe, because it CAN'T be Ingrid...Mary wouldn't allow it...her child has to be "unique" (to a point)...I know grandmothers name is "Margrethe"...but she is QUEEN Margrethe and this will be PRINCESS Margrethe...QMII is known as *Daisy*...Princess Margrethe will perhaps go by "Maggie" or "Meg"...some Aussie/Scottish pet form of the name...

But here is the dilemma...I am sure Mary would want to include Henrietta somewhere in her first girls name (Margrethe Dagmar Ingrid Henrietta) but does that mean if she has a second girl that she won't use it as a first name?

I feel pretty certain that, if the baby is a girl, she will be named after Mary's mother, at least one of her middle names will be, similar to Christian's middle names of Henri and John- after Fred and Mary's fathers, respectively. I think they will use their mother's names again. Or at least Mary's mother's name. I would be shocked if they didn't.

I really hope the new baby will get a traditional and typical Scandinavian name!
I don't think they will chose the name Ingrid (since this is the name of the Danish neighbours' Heir to the Throne ;) ).

I love the names:

Agnetha Åse Henriette Margrethe Dagny

Sondre Olav Frederik

So, my vote goes for Princess Agnetha or Prince Sondre :rolleyes:

Are you a big ABBA-fan, Her_Majesty? ;)

Marengo said:
Are you a big ABBA-fan, Her_Majesty? ;)
Me? Possible..:angel: ;)
I just like this name! I think it sounds so beautiful the way it is pronounced in Sweden.
(I would vote for a Princess Anni-Frid, but there's already one existing;))

Last edited:
I would be surprised as well if they didn't use Henrietta (if it's a girl). I've read in previous posts that some believe Henri (Christian's third name) is to honor both Henrik and Mary's mother, Henrietta. I personally don't think that's the case although the names are similar.

I do think that it would be sweet that the new baby would have a similar name (Henri-Henrietta) as Christian. Possibly a new tradition! However, I think that would only work if the baby were a girl which seems to be what most people are pulling for.

Best Regards!

Sofia Magdelena Elizabeth Ingrid Henrietta Desiree

Emma or Désirée for the first name, then something traditional like Thyra or Dagmar, and finally the two Grandmas Margharete and Henrietta...
and for a boy I don´t know... something like Mikael, but I think they would include Frederik in the name somewhere...

Marie-Frederikke Margrethe Henrietta

In case there are no other children and # 2 becomes heir as the spare, we'd need a proper name under which to rule...so I think Margrethe in there somewhere is a definite.

For a Princess:
Laura Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe

For a Prince:
Oskar Joachim Carl Frederik

Dagmar would be a beautiful and symbolic name for a little Princess but to Australian ears it would be like naming a daughter Uglimo. Though hopefully they will incorporate it nonetheless!

Laura and Oskar are elegant and well-known names in both Denmark and Australia. I'm praying for HRH Princess Laura of Denmark!

Unfortunately, they are not naming the baby for *Australian ears* they are naming it as the possible future monarch of DANMARK...Australians are quite irrelevant in the scheme of things :)

I think in the Danish context *Dagmar* is a great name to be included in the baby's list of names...it's historical, very traditional, very timely (Dagmar's reburial this year) and some might even say "neccessary"

Laura is a bit too normal for a Princess of Denmark...not regal enough

LadyK said:
I feel pretty certain that, if the baby is a girl, she will be named after Mary's mother, at least one of her middle names will be, similar to Christian's middle names of Henri and John- after Fred and Mary's fathers, respectively. I think they will use their mother's names again. Or at least Mary's mother's name. I would be shocked if they didn't.
Yes I think they will honor Mary's mother in that way maybe the first or second name.I really don't see the first name being Ingrid give that is the first name of CP Haakon's daughter in Norway.

I really like the way Ingrid Dagmar Margrethe Mary sounds, that, and I really hope it's a girl!

I put forward a combo of 4+ names because they have significance (maybe) and Mary and Fred should just use them...OK ;)

Princess: Margrethe Dagmar Matilda Olympia Henrietta Maria

Prince: Harald Abel Vilhelm Andre Johannes Frederik

Are they allowed to use 6 names? Do you want to know the reason behind each name...because I will tell you ;)

It seems to be tradition to use four names. Frederik, Joachim, Christian, Nikolai, Felix, and Benedikte all have four names. However, Princess Elisabeth has 11 names so I guess anything is possible! There are so many good names for a girl - that are all significant, so I guess it's up to Frederik and Mary whether they want to keep it to four names. I doubt this is going to be their last child so I'm sure all the significant names (Ingrid, Henrietta, Frederik, Margrethe, etc.) will be used eventually.

Maybe for a girl...
Sigrid
Helena
Alexandrine
Karolina

if it's a boy again, which i am getting the feeling it might be then i am sure somewhere within his name there be a Frederik or Christian, cause i notice when going thru all the males not including Prince Henrik but The Royal Blood line all the males have had if not the first name but in the middle names a Frederik or Christian, cause if something happened to the next in line heir, the 2nd male does have a kings name in his name, either Fredrik or Christian have a look and you see.

I would have to vote for my name...Louise.
It's a great name!

I do hope it's a GIRL ! :flowers:

Here are my top three name choices :

1.Emma Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie

2.Isabella Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie

3.Sophie Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie

If it's a little prince my choices are:

Erik
Harald
Svend
Frederik or Christian as it's a tradition.

If it's a little princess:

Ingeborg
Dagmar
Ingrid
Margrethe, but they could call her Gretel.

Thyra

I read in an Internet-lexicon that Thyra (daughter of King Frederik or King Christian) had a child out of wedlock, the child´s father committed suicide and later she married again and had more children.
So maybe the name Thyra might not be that popular because of the tragical case.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I hope it's a boy so they have a "spare", then a girl next time.

I was just going to say what *Saturn* did...you beat me to it ;)

The Princess HAS to be *Margrethe Olympia Dagmar Maria* or something to that effect...but her nickname could be:

Princess Greta...which is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Well, I was looking at Danish geneology for the royal house and picked out all the names that could be potential baby names. I didn't include names I felt were too "oldfashioned" or "unusual."

Girl: Amalia, Frederica, Sophie, Amalie, Sophia, Elenora, Dagmar, Thrya, Alexandra, Alexandrine, Anna, Christina, Margrete, Dorthea, Charlotte, Christiane, Katarina, Margaret, Ingeborg, Marie, Caroline, Juliane, Elisabet.

Boy: Wilhelm, Ulric, Erik, Christoffer, Magnus, Valdemar, Oluf, Johan.

I also think Henrietta or Mary may be used. As well as Maragrete or Ingrid for a girl.

For a boy is could be Joachim or Knud even would be part of it.

But here are my choices:
Princess: Sophia, Dagmar, Anna, Christina, Charlotte
Prince: Erik or Johan.

I think Christina or Christiane are strong front runners and so it Sophia.
I am hoping for Erik for a prince.

I know a lot of you like Dagmar, but in Germany it is a very oldfashioned, rather boring name... I don´t know the stuation in Denmark though.
I think it would be ok as a second,third etc name, but as a first name...
The same is with Valdemar in Christian´s name, as a second name ok, tradition etc, but imagine it would have been his first name...
I don´t want to offend anyone, that´s just my personal opinion.

Ulrich Johann Christian Peter Frederik Stephen Georg

lilytornado said:
I know a lot of you like Dagmar, but in Germany it is a very oldfashioned, rather boring name... I don´t know the stuation in Denmark though.
I think it would be ok as a second,third etc name, but as a first name...
The same is with Valdemar in Christian´s name, as a second name ok, tradition etc, but imagine it would have been his first name...
I don´t want to offend anyone, that´s just my personal opinion.

Actually, old names are increasingly popular in Denmark. For instance, according to Statistics Denmark, 43 children were named Dagmar in 2003 as opposed to 4 children i 1993.

/Lasse

Frederik and Marys baby if it is a girl she well have the name Magrethe. Thats a danish low.

I don´t think that the baby, will have more than 4 names.

Like Christian, Nikolai and Felix have.

:p ;) :p ;) :p ;) :p ;) :p ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom