Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's First Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think Mary will have a girl or a boy?

• A girl

Votes: 131 59.0%
  • A boy

Votes: 91 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haakon I guess, but maybe Willem-Alexander. Queen Margrethe is Willem-Alexanders godmother so it might be possible that Alexander returns the favour.
One of Mary's sisters, and probably a Danish friend.
I'm not surew about Victoria, she's already godmother of Princess Amalia and Princess Ingrid.

NJRedDevils said:
can i ask something why do they make a grandparent a godparent, it should be a sibling or cousins or other royal members like future Kings and Queens or just princes and Princesses.

it all depends on the tradition of a country

john donaldson
queen margarethe
joachim
jane (mary has to chose one of her sisters and not amber!)
victoria
haakon

since i however doubt, though i wish they will choos granparents as godparents i think, john and daisy would be susbitited by felipe or nikolas and maxima respectively (it's about time maxima becomes godmother)

Call me old-fashioned but I don't think they're gonna go with something other than Christian as the baby's first name.
I personally like Christian Erik Valdemar Henrik.

They should defintely go with Christian. All those years of tradition, down the drain? I hope not! Plus it is a lovely name. Oh, Erik would be nice too (there have been 7 Kings of Denmark with that name) so it has more tradition than...Brian. LOL. But I think if they were going to break with tradition it should be with a name that is signifcant to them. (For example if the child were a girl and they wanted to break with tradition of naming her Margarethe, I think it would only be appropiate if the name was Henrietta for Mary's mother). But I don't think I'd respect the decision to break with tradition if it was with any old name.

But the couple seems to be traditional (so far nothing has indicated to me that they aren't) so I think they will go with Christian.

Last edited:
Id like a little Valdmar or Erik myself

Why do you think Maxima would become a godmother? She and Mary do not seem that close (altough I do not know what happens in private), I do not expect the Prince of Orange as a godfather either.
CP Haakon and CP Victoria will almost certainly be godparents, and maybe the Prince of Asturias as well.

My guess would be Christian Valdemar Hans Henrik. At least I would choose Christian as a first name. Christian is a beautiful name plus its the tradition.

I'll bet that if M and F have a daughter they'll name her Ingrid after F's the grandmother who Fred loved so much.

I know Norway also has an Ingrid but then one of King Carl Gustav's sisters is also named Margarethe so I don't think the scandinavians really mind 'sharing' names.

pollyemma said:
I'll bet that if M and F have a daughter they'll name her Ingrid after F's the grandmother who Fred loved so much.

I know Norway also has an Ingrid but then one of King Carl Gustav's sisters is also named Margarethe so I don't think the scandinavians really mind 'sharing' names.

Well they just had a son so I think you're talking about if they have a second child.

I like the name Ingrid though. It sounds so Scandanavian.

a girl named Ingrid would be nice for their next child
I Think the boy will be named Christian Hans Felix Alexander Carl Olav Henrik

What about this one adding Mom's home into it:
Christian Tasman Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg? :)

Carl Albert Joachim Felix Christian Peter Johann Paul
or
Edvard Henrik Frederik Richard Alexander Christian Hans

-Christian Henrik Frederik John
-Christian Valdeman Henrik John
-Valdemar Christian Henrik John
-Or they will surprise us with a new name(that's what i hope)

Viggo - Felix Nicholas Christian Claus Casimir Bernhard Frederik Hans Henrik lol
(Its a bit long but hey......lol ya gotta live a little)

Maybe Wilhelm- Oscar Holgar Joachim Frederik Hans Christian Olle

Last edited by a moderator:
I Think ill say Nikolas of Greece for a Godfather
And probably also Amber Petty

SpiffyBallerina said:
Just a side question, but who are CP Frederik's God-parents?
Queen Anne-Marie of Greece née Princess of Denmark, Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg née Princess of Belgium, Prince George of Denmark, Etienne de Laborde de Monpézat, Birgitta Juel Hillingsø, and Baron de Watteville-Berckheim.

Originally posted by Josefine: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f12/godparents-royals-1460.html

I think it should be
Crown Prince Haakon
Crown Princess Victoria
Crown Prince Filipe
Prince Joachim
and one of Marys sisters

Princess Victoria seems to be a very popular choice as a godmother for many royal babies. I think she is a good choice as well. She definitely seems to know where her repsonsibilties lie and has a good head on her shoulders.

Emily

It seems to be from an article in Billedbladet: http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=3693 (Victoria is to be Godmother). The thing is that the Swedish court refused to either deny or confirm the news, and instead sent the press to the Danish court for news about the Christening. But no godparents have been officially confirmed by the Danish court yet, as far as I can tell from Danish newspapers and the royal websites, and until that happens, it is all hearsay.

i would be floored if they scooce a other name then christian

but then again they may get a name that he will have utill he will be king and the be known as king christian

Maybe Karl Christian Alexander Frederik Stephen Henrik Johann

or Nicholas Albert Constintine Frederik Johann Christian

Last edited by a moderator:
Biker link is royal mess

December 10, 2005
WORD of royal bridesmaid Amber Petty's new relationship with hotel chain owner Mark Alexander-Erber has reached Denmark, with the press raising concerns about his biker connections.

As godmother to the seven-week-old prince, Petty would be a natural starter at the royal christening, according to Ekstra Bladet. "The Crown Prince couple's dilemma is now if they also should invite Mark Alexander-Erber to the christening," the paper said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,17513848-5001025,00.html

RoyalEnquirer said:
Princess Victoria seems to be a very popular choice as a godmother for many royal babies. I think she is a good choice as well. She definitely seems to know where her repsonsibilties lie and has a good head on her shoulders.

Emily

Yes, she is and certainly a very reasonable choice. And especially for this young royal. I mean with the connections between the Danes and the Swedes and Victoria's age in relation to this young prince. My congrats to her if the story is true which is likely. Not because of the source but it makes a lot of sense. :)

Victoria and Frederik seem very close, so it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Gloriana said:
Victoria and Frederik seem very close, so it doesn't surprise me in the least.

they are good friends so it would be wonderful if she would be godmother. hmmm..she's godmother to Ingrid Alexandra, Amalia, the oldest son of MC and Pavlos, if she picks up the lilleprinsen too and maybe Leonor she'll be 'godmother of Europe.":)

i cant think of anyone who'd do it better.

pollyemma said:
they are good friends so it would be wonderful if she would be godmother. hmmm..she's godmother to Ingrid Alexandra, Amalia, the oldest son of MC and Pavlos, if she picks up the lilleprinsen too and maybe Leonor she'll be 'godmother of Europe.":)

Well said. ha ha ha. Like a King Christian a couple of generations ago was called the Father of Europe!

pollyemma said:

I second that...

"MII"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom