Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's First Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think Mary will have a girl or a boy?

• A girl

Votes: 131 59.0%
  • A boy

Votes: 91 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a girl: Henrietta Benedick Charlotte
For a boy: Joseph Hugo

I voted for a girl, and I hope that the law will change so even if she would get a brother she would still ben second in line to the trone (and after her parents become king and queen, first of course)

I have a feeling it will be Henrietta as well if its a girl, either that or Margrethe.

If its a boy, i dont think it will be Christian or Frederik as i think they will break with tradition.

gattica28 said:
There is no rush to change the succession law as this will take years to do! It has to be voted on by two successive parliaments and a referendum has to be held...At the press conference at Chauteau de Caix, QMII stated that neither she or the parents knew the sex of the child and this was after the PM decided to start the procedure to change the succession law!

She was forced to say that. Imagine she had said "well, the parents and me do know the sex of the child but we won't say you". There would have been lot of pressure coming from medias and public opinion. She couldn't say anything other.

I disagree...QMII does not strike me as the sort of woman or queen who would be forced by the Prime Minister or public opinion to say that she didn't know the sex of her grandchild! This is the same queen who gave a stong hint at the 2003 Chauteau de Caix press conference that Fred and Mary would become engaged! When Fred and Mary opened a beach in Copenhagen, the press were asking if they knew the sex, they indicated that they did not know...and Mary herself said the same thing when she was attending the Copenhagen Fashion Fair! I think that Fred and Mary have made a conscious choice NOT to find out the sex until the birth!!! Felipe and Letizia have done the same!

Obviously you misunderstood me. Queen Margrethe was forced by nobody but by her position. As queen, she can't simply say she knows the sex of the baby her daughter-in-law is expecting without saying it. That would create much trouble in the opinion and the medias, who would try by every ways to know it.

The fact is that no-one will know what sex it is until the child is born, which will not be too long now! Even if the sex is known within the family, I'm glad it has been kept within the family and has not been leaked to the media!

gattica28 said:
The fact is that no-one will know what sex it is until the child is born, which will not be too long now! Even if the sex is known within the family, I'm glad it has been kept within the family and has not been leaked to the media!

I agree with your last sentence, which I think is the true.

Danielane said:
Obviously you misunderstood me. Queen Margrethe was forced by nobody but by her position. As queen, she can't simply say she knows the sex of the baby her daughter-in-law is expecting without saying it. That would create much trouble in the opinion and the medias, who would try by every ways to know it.
She could just have said "no comment" or "Let it be a surprice" when she was asked, but she didn't. She said they and the parents didn't know. Mary has also said that at the fashion fair.

The succession law will be changed no matter whter it is a girl or a boy. The parties in the parliament has already decided that. In the start Oktober(the Danish parliament is summer closed June - Oktober) the government will present the law which the parties will agree on. But because of the rules in the constitution the law once again has to be agreed on after the next election by the new parliament and then the law has to be sent to referendum. So the law can first be put into force in some years. But the decision is made.

As far as I recall, certain parties begun discussion about changing it for quite some time ago, way before Frederik even met Mary, for a hypothetical child. And now, with the first baby on the way, it's progressed further.

I think it will be a GIRL :)
A few weeks ago I had a funny dream: a little girl said that she is a daughter of Mary. - "Please ask Mary to call me Inga (Ilma or Irma) " - she said :confused: ... I tried to remember her name correctly during all the night, nevertheless in the morning I forgot what name she asked exactly. :(

I think it will be a girl too! And I'm very good at guessing the sex of unborn royal babies. I'm quite curious whether I'm right this time! :)

Godparents of Mary and Frederik's baby?

Poll created at the suggestion of Wymanda.

Who do you think is going to be asked to be a Godparent of Mary and Frederik's baby?

Prince of Wales
Prince William
CP Victoria
CP Haakon
CP Willem-Alexander
Prince Joachim
Amber Petty
John Donaldson
Queen Margarethe
Other, please specify

Have fun

Last edited:
I would vote for Queen Margrethe would be one of Frederik and Mary's baby's Godmother, it would be true.

My guess would be: Prince Joachim (naturally), Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Victoria, Jane Stephens and a friend of Fred and Mary's, such as Amber Petty or Jeppe Haandwerk.

I´m sure it will also be one of Mary´s sisters or her brother.

I think CP Victoria of Sweden, CP Haakon of Norway, Prince Joachim and Amber Petty, or maybe also Jeppe Haandwerk.

I think the godparents will be:Willem-Alexander, Joachim, Jane(mary's sisiter) and Victoria

I voted for CP Haakon,Joachim, Amber Petty and Letizia or a Mary's sister

i vote Prince William

Sara Boyce

I really couldn't guess! If I remember correctly, Princess Ingrid Alexandra had almost every Crown Prince/ss in Europe among her godparents, although they did not all attend. I can imagine Frederik and Mary's firstborn having a variety of Crown Princess/ss too, but how do they choose from so many?

I'm guessing Prince Joachim as a definite godfather, and I'm guessing Prince Felipe of Spain, Princess Victoria of Sweden, and Prince Haakon of Norway as possibilities. I can imagine them choosing friends too, such as Amber Petty.

Crown Prince Felipe of Spain Prince Joachim Crown Prince Haakon Marys Brothers and sisters Crown Princess Victoria Prince Henrik and Prince Nicholas of Greece the Prince of Wales and Prince William and Prince Harry for whom the Earl of Wessex will stand proxy i also suspect Prince Philip to be on the list due to his Danish Family connections and the Prince and Princess of Orange

I voted for CP Haakon, John Donaldson and Prince Joachim. I really don't think William or Charles to be godparents, They dosn't seem to be freinds at all.. Maybe they are freinds... but at least not close one. So I go for Haakon, John, Joachim... and maybe Victoria

LaMinka said:
I voted for CP Haakon, John Donaldson and Prince Joachim. I really don't think William or Charles to be godparents, They dosn't seem to be freinds at all.. Maybe they are freinds... but at least not close one. So I go for Haakon, John, Joachim... and maybe Victoria[/QUOTE

Joachim, Gustav Berleburg, Haakon, Victoria, Alexia, One of Mary's Sisters

Voted for Prince Joachim..I think having a relative as a godparent makes sense..

How many godparents are usually chosen in the Danish royal family?

In the Spanish royal family (Catholicism) it is only two. The Greeks seem to choose an upwards of six godparents. The Norwegian and Dutch royals seem to choose around six.

Alexandria said:
How many godparents are usually chosen in the Danish royal family?

In the Spanish royal family (Catholicism) it is only two. The Greeks seem to choose an upwards of six godparents. The Norwegian and Dutch royals seem to choose around six.

Frederik had six godparents, but I don't know if it varies for each christening.

Do royal godparents have a siginificant role? I know the technical terms but if your godmother is the queen of Denmark or something, doesn't it make that a tad bit more difficult to do intimate things like get togethers and stuff?

My choices amongt the candidates present are Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Joachim, Queen Margarethe, John Donaldson, and one of Mary's siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom