The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Do you think Mary will have a girl or a boy?
A girl 131 59.01%
A boy 91 40.99%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 02:33 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Victoria seems to be a very popular choice as a godmother for many royal babies. I think she is a good choice as well. She definitely seems to know where her repsonsibilties lie and has a good head on her shoulders.

Emily

Old 12-29-2005, 06:40 AM
Heir Apparent

It seems to be from an article in Billedbladet: http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.a...ails&Item=3693 (Victoria is to be Godmother). The thing is that the Swedish court refused to either deny or confirm the news, and instead sent the press to the Danish court for news about the Christening. But no godparents have been officially confirmed by the Danish court yet, as far as I can tell from Danish newspapers and the royal websites, and until that happens, it is all hearsay.

Old 12-29-2005, 06:49 AM
Majesty

i would be floored if they scooce a other name then christian

but then again they may get a name that he will have utill he will be king and the be known as king christian
Old 12-29-2005, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe Karl Christian Alexander Frederik Stephen Henrik Johann

or Nicholas Albert Constintine Frederik Johann Christian
Old 12-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Biker link is royal mess

December 10, 2005
WORD of royal bridesmaid Amber Petty's new relationship with hotel chain owner Mark Alexander-Erber has reached Denmark, with the press raising concerns about his biker connections.

As godmother to the seven-week-old prince, Petty would be a natural starter at the royal christening, according to Ekstra Bladet. "The Crown Prince couple's dilemma is now if they also should invite Mark Alexander-Erber to the christening," the paper said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.a...001025,00.html
Old 12-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalEnquirer
Princess Victoria seems to be a very popular choice as a godmother for many royal babies. I think she is a good choice as well. She definitely seems to know where her repsonsibilties lie and has a good head on her shoulders.

Emily
Yes, she is and certainly a very reasonable choice. And especially for this young royal. I mean with the connections between the Danes and the Swedes and Victoria's age in relation to this young prince. My congrats to her if the story is true which is likely. Not because of the source but it makes a lot of sense. :)
Old 12-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Aristocracy

Victoria and Frederik seem very close, so it doesn't surprise me in the least.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriana
Victoria and Frederik seem very close, so it doesn't surprise me in the least.
they are good friends so it would be wonderful if she would be godmother. hmmm..she's godmother to Ingrid Alexandra, Amalia, the oldest son of MC and Pavlos, if she picks up the lilleprinsen too and maybe Leonor she'll be 'godmother of Europe.":)

i cant think of anyone who'd do it better.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:07 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
they are good friends so it would be wonderful if she would be godmother. hmmm..she's godmother to Ingrid Alexandra, Amalia, the oldest son of MC and Pavlos, if she picks up the lilleprinsen too and maybe Leonor she'll be 'godmother of Europe.":)

Well said. ha ha ha. Like a King Christian a couple of generations ago was called the Father of Europe!
Old 12-31-2005, 01:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma

I second that...

"MII"
Old 12-31-2005, 05:35 AM
Gentry

I read in bt.dk/royalty that prince Haakon and Mette Marit arrive at church but I don't undertand or they will be godmother or godfather
Old 12-31-2005, 06:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian
I read in bt.dk/royalty that prince Haakon and Mette Marit arrive at church but I don't undertand or they will be godmother or godfather
Here is the link to that article. Could someone please translate because I don't understand a word:) .
Old 12-31-2005, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

They say that Haakon and Mette-Marit will come to the christening and bring their son to Denmark and that it will be Sverres first trip abroad, It does not seem like it is confirmed by the Norwegian court. They further says its unsure if they will bring Ingrid (Its her birthday though)

Bodil Cath of BT says that Haakon and Victoria are sure to be sponsors for the New Prince but that the Danish court wants it to be a secret.

The rest of the article is about the Norwegian royals going to church this christmas
Old 12-31-2005, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

maybe Haakon AND Mette-Marit will be Godparents I Cant wait for the Ceremony :)
Old 12-31-2005, 10:50 PM
Aristocracy

I'm so excited...I can't wait!

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." ~Coco Chanel
Old 12-31-2005, 10:53 PM
Heir Apparent

If I can dream a little, I would personally not mind of Fredrik and Mary choose both the Crown Princely Couple of Norway and the Crown Princess of Sweden as the little prince's godfathers/mother/sponsors. That would really mark a Scandinavian unity and closeness, marking the close bond between the three countries and their Royal Families.

But I'm sure that whoever they will choose, it will be a good choice. It's not a choice done at random, they will surely have given it a lot of thought.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:55 PM
Aristocracy

Is it ever possible that a Crown Prince or Princess through marriage be chosen as a godparent? (ie Mette Marit as the baby's godmother) I'm assuming the answer is no but I'm curious...

Thanks!

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." ~Coco Chanel
Old 12-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Courtier

I think Victoria is a good choice as Godmother since she will be able to have much contact with the young prince as he grows older. I know the Danish and Swedish cultures are different, but they are at least a little similar so perhaps Victoria will be a helpful guide in his life. I also think MM would be a splendid choice for a Godmother. I think a Greek cousin could be a Godfather or maybe even just Prince Joachim. Of course it isn't fair to have all royals and no one from Mary's family and friends included. It's half her kid too! Amber Petty or a sister of Mary would make a nice choice as well. :)

Well, it's New Year's Eve and I'm off! Out to have some fuuuuuuuun! See everyone in 2006!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle9982
Is it ever possible that a Crown Prince or Princess through marriage be chosen as a godparent? (ie Mette Marit as the baby's godmother) I'm assuming the answer is no but I'm curious...

Thanks!
I don't know what the tradition in Denmark is but I don't see why not. Mathilde is the godmother of Maxima's second daughter.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
They say that Haakon and Mette-Marit will come to the christening and bring their son to Denmark and that it will be Sverres first trip abroad, It does not seem like it is confirmed by the Norwegian court. They further says its unsure if they will bring Ingrid (Its her birthday though)

Bodil Cath of BT says that Haakon and Victoria are sure to be sponsors for the New Prince but that the Danish court wants it to be a secret.

The rest of the article is about the Norwegian royals going to church this christmas
Thankyou Larzen:)

Closed Thread