Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's First Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think Mary will have a girl or a boy?

• A girl

Votes: 131 59.0%
  • A boy

Votes: 91 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daneborn said:
Are you serios :confused:
I don't know if it would have made Henrik's life in Denmark any easier if he had been prince 'angri' insted of Henrik. It was different times back then, not so international as today's English Mary instead of Danish Marie or whatever.
Some of my elderly relatives pronounce Mary the Danish way, (Maaaary) I can't even imagine how they would pronounce 'angri'. It would be 'Henri' literally and it would sound so :D :D :D
I'm dead serious! I think changing a persons first name is a drastic thing and I have no doubt that this is not what Henri wanted himself. No, let people keep their own names and give other people some time to get used to a different pronounciation, I'd say. How hard can it be? It's all a matter of getting used to it.:)
Wouldn't Henri have been pronounced 'anri' without the g sound?

Here goes one of my final guesses
H.R.H. PrinceEdvard Alexander Isaac Valdmar Abraham Christian Johann Martin Frederik Lennart Henrik

well it looks to be very Grand Affiar :) like I Said I Cant wait

I am personally almost 100% sure about Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (has there been any baby recently who she is not godmother to?), Prince Joachim and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway. I would love Prince Charles ne godfather as well but I don'r think Crown Prince Frederik is that friendly with him.

UserDane said:

I'm dead serious! I think changing a persons first name is a drastic thing and I have no doubt that this is not what Henri wanted himself. No, let people keep their own names and give other people some time to get used to a different pronounciation, I'd say. How hard can it be? It's all a matter of getting used to it.:)
Wouldn't Henri have been pronounced 'anri' without the g sound?

Changing your name when you live in a foreign country is not that unusual. I work with computer programmers from the Far East and they always choose American names because their Chinese names are unpronouncable. They use their Chinese names among themselves so its no big deal.

I don't think that keeping her original name is that big of a deal but I think it would have been a nice touch for her to assume a name like Marie that easier for the average Dane to pronounce. It would have been an easy way to show that she was trying to assimilate into the Danish culture and it wouldn't have affected her daily life at all, Fred still would have just called her Mary.

Billedbladet contradicted themselves in today's number, by first saying that they thought Mette-Marit was likely to be a godmother, and then afterwards naming Haakon as a godfather... ??? ;)

So when are they going to offically announce the godparents? Is during the actual ceremony when they get up to stand next to the baby :)

For the record, I think its Victoria of Sweden, Haakon of Norway, Joachim, and one of Mary's sisters, Jane.

Ness

Well we won't have to wait very long now for the Christening. I'm so excited. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the name Christian, but whatever name they choose I'm sure it will suit the little prince.:) :) :)

I'm hoping and pretty certain that the baby will be named Christian. The Danish monarchy is the oldest in Europe, and it's nice when tradition is followed. They have three or four other names they can get creative with since royal names seem to be somewhat long. Also, any future children of theirs might have unique names if they wanted them to. :) Christening on Saturday!!!

I may have posted my thoughts before, but I really hope it's something along the lines of...

Christian Andre Henrik John :) :)

"MII"

Last edited:
It has been said (by Billedbladet, I believe) that he might get both Christian and Frederik, in case something happens to Frederik before something happens to Margrethe. Frederik has both Christian and Frederik as names. Do you think this is a plausible excuse?

Do you think Mary and Frederik will choose one original name for their child, as Joachim and Alexandra did with theirs?

norwegianne said:
Do you think Mary and Frederik will choose one original name for their child, as Joachim and Alexandra did with theirs?
I for one hope and think that they will.
Some media here in Denmark speculate that Frederik might want to include a Greenlandish name.

There's still no word on who are the godparents, I guess. We'll find out tomorrow, though. I'm curious to see if one of Mary's sisters will be a godmother. Joachim will probably be one of the godfathers, I imagine. Of course a foreign royal is necessary to be a godparent. Maybe Crown Princess Victoria and the Prince of Asturias, or Fred's cousin Prince Nikolaos (sp?).

Ok about the godparents, I changed my mind. I've decided that CP Victoria and CP Haakon will be godparents. I think Mary's sister and Fred's brother will also be godparents.

Prince Nikolaos? He's a cousin of Fred and a prince but he's not from a reigning royal family so that's a strike against him.

Amber Petty? Isn't she the commoner friend of Mary, the one who's dating an australian criminal?

In that case that would be degrading to have her as a godmother. A godmother is supposed to guide the child through life, to help him grow and help him make life choices respecting values.

I doubt that Mary, who is more royal than many royals, would want that for her lilleprinse.

Princess BellyFlop said:
Prince Nikolaos? He's a cousin of Fred and a prince but he's not from a reigning royal family so that's a strike against him.

true. It's just that he and Fred seem close, so I thought it was possible. But of course the firstborn and heir, as the kingaroo is/will be has to have the most royal godparents, and all reigning royals. Still, i do think one of Mary's family will be a godparent. I think a sister, but maybe her father, who knows. The Donaldsons will be represented somehow, in any case.

I agree Amber Petty isn't likely. But who knows.

id say miss Petty will be Godmother we will just have to wait and see I Suppose

Such as what are boys names in Greenland :) could they use the name Haakon (as with the Crown Prince of Norway) Id like to see all of Scandanavia represented in the names

I can't see Amber Petty being a godmother. This child is 2nd in line to the throne and, I suspect, will have more royal or Danish godparents given his status. There definitely should be godparents who are close to CP Mary, but I think it's more appropriate that they would choose CP Mary's family over Amber. Yes Amber and Mary are close friends, but CP Mary seems to have exceptionally close ties with her family, plus they seem more suitable overall as godparents to M&F's child. IMO, in terms of who will be closer to the Lilleprinsen over his lifetime, and who will have a stronger influence, I would say family or Amber will have priority.

Sponsors:
HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit,
HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
HRH Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece
HRH Prince Joachim
Jane Stephens
Hamish Campbell
and Jeppe Handwerk.

Surprises?

surprising? yes
but, happy & relieve? yes too

Both Haakon & Mette Marit? that's really great choice.
MM seems to be very popular among royals, huh? first a godmother for odysseus kimon, and now to the future king of denmark?

Pavlos is also a surprising choice, but i'm glad they choose him also..

And Christian is indeed the first name.

The whole name:
Christian Valdemar Henri John

With the French spelling of Henrik instead of the Danish.

Princess Maxima said:
-Christian Henrik Frederik John
-Christian Valdeman Henrik John
-Valdemar Christian Henrik John
-Or they will surprise us with a new name(that's what i hope)

You guest it good!! Congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom